Home-Made IEMs
Aug 4, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #15,466 of 16,074
6BA (5way) + 7BA (6way)

Zrzut ekranu 2023-08-4 o 17.39.44.png

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #15,469 of 16,074
JD's 38D2XJ007Mi/8C lot description has the pictures from datasheet.
https://i-item.jd.com/10074691953884.html
Could anyone make a rough estimate of the cost of hitting the aforementioned target curve?

Edit: Including the housing and eartips?

Edit 2: And what should be minimum amount of different driver models each with their own frequency division?

Edit 3: Also. Could I somehow cause and even steeper roll off on this driver than it already has on its own?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #15,472 of 16,074
Finally, have time to share the graph. Big bass for basshead, DD-like.
I did cross the ED at very low 200Hz to reduce the bass.
51ohm on the Ci.
20ohm and 30uf on ED.

Def bass-head IEM, gain in substantial, overall the response is quite alright if that's what you are aiming for (bassy IEM), consider adding WBFK-30095 or RAD-33158 with 10kHz crossover to drive up the high frequency range

Aug 8, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #15,473 of 16,074
Also , this way it cures faster and even .
I've recently used my nail light inverted like tonybuild's pics. I have one of those little turntables that I've used underneath the light with a hold drilled in the bottom plate, but using the light inverted with the turntable, a shaft extension for the turntable. So @tonybuild, how did you create the extension for the rotating table? If I remember the square shaft on the drive motor measured 4mm.

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #15,474 of 16,074
I've recently used my nail light inverted like tonybuild's pics. I have one of those little turntables that I've used underneath the light with a hold drilled in the bottom plate, but using the light inverted with the turntable, a shaft extension for the turntable. So @tonybuild, how did you create the extension for the rotating table? If I remember the square shaft on the drive motor measured 4mm.

Tonight i will post video with more details. And you will see more closer on what and how i made it . Better to show

And if not tonight,ill do it in the morning.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #15,475 of 16,074

My turning table is lil bit different. On this one is much easier to build that wood connector . I got it from amazon .

Its turns well and can handle the pressure
It’s very easy to build , it’s only took me a minute to make sure everything in the right space .

Attachments

• IMG_5339.jpeg
    IMG_5339.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5337.jpeg
    IMG_5337.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5332.jpeg
    IMG_5332.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5335.jpeg
    IMG_5335.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5336.jpeg
    IMG_5336.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Aug 10, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #15,476 of 16,074
Finally, have time to share the graph. Big bass for basshead, DD-like.
I did cross the ED at very low 200Hz to reduce the bass.
51ohm on the Ci.
20ohm and 30uf on ED.

CI_51ohm_ED_20ohm_30ufHF.jpg
I always wondering if can get 12 - 14 frequencys from ED . Because that crisp hi hat sound i need is around that range . I will try the way you did 🙌

Aug 10, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #15,477 of 16,074
Thanks Tony! That gives me some ideas on how to make mine taller. I was using the nail light in the regular way (bulbs facing down), except I replaced the bottom plastic tray with a cut piece of mirror and had the rotating table underneath through a hole in the mirror. But it was so intense that during curing the investment would start to separate from the curing shell creating a tiny air gap, and the shell would cure with swirls in those areas that required extra sanding. I tried it inverted and open top like your pics and got no separation and ultimately smoother shells. For now I just put a small pane of glass with four rubber feet across the bulbs to set the investment on, but I want to incorporate the rotating table. Thanks for posting the pics!

Aug 10, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #15,478 of 16,074
Thanks Tony! That gives me some ideas on how to make mine taller. I was using the nail light in the regular way (bulbs facing down), except I replaced the bottom plastic tray with a cut piece of mirror and had the rotating table underneath through a hole in the mirror. But it was so intense that during curing the investment would start to separate from the curing shell creating a tiny air gap, and the shell would cure with swirls in those areas that required extra sanding. I tried it inverted and open top like your pics and got no separation and ultimately smoother shells. For now I just put a small pane of glass with four rubber feet across the bulbs to set the investment on, but I want to incorporate the rotating table. Thanks for posting the pics!
Sure,hope it lil hepls🙌. Also i cure it about no more then 5 seconds. Because now 100 % of light gets there ,and it cures faster . May be next one ill cure with 40 seconds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back