Home-Made IEMs
Dec 19, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #14,612 of 16,080
if you are planning to do something very similar anyway, id probs recommend just following the rab-p recipe in its entirety. it uses the rab-32257 and basically gives you a high end etymotic sound for a hundred or so dollars (a little more, but you end up with a lot of bits and pieces left over).

edit: (this way you get a complete single ba design, that multiple folks in this thread have made. so youre more likely to get the support you need if something goes wrong)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #14,613 of 16,080
can i get the
if you are planning to do something very similar anyway, id probs recommend just following the rab-p recipe in its entirety. it uses the rab-32257 and basically gives you a high end etymotic sound for a hundred or so dollars (a little more, but you end up with a lot of bits and pieces left over).

edit: (this way you get a complete single ba design, that multiple folks in this thread have made. so youre more likely to get the support you need if something goes wrong)
so to make it i need the tubings in the picture above and the zobel circuit? is there a schematic for the zobel circuit?

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #14,614 of 16,080
@talyak ohh no you summoned the wrong guy....

I am not the dhruv :)
Just kiddin...

Okie need to get back
@BadgerMcBadger
Zobel is just a term given to telephone line current protection...

Technically what happens is that driver are transducer and have their own resonances like everything does.
For example take a remote control car, switch on and leave the controller on sofa(dont dare touch it) and take your hand drag the car over the floor, at certain rpm of wheel the bulb glows because at that rpm, you hit motor resonant energy that its able to put energy back into system.

If your speaker have resonant frequency at 10Hz lets imagine.. and you attach a bulb to it and a different speaker passing energy to the bulb speaker, the speaker hits resonance and bulb lights up..

Now imagine, you put amp where amp pushing all signal and speaker so efficient that it pushes back the current causing spike impedance called Back EMF.

What zobel does is kinda funny, its a lossy circuit but designed smartly, you kill amp power, because you know your speaker doesnt need it.. this done by proper calculation tells amp that the load is flat, and you dont send power to the speaker that its effecient in it that it makes it produce back emf. Less energy sent to speaker driver, slightly lower distortion, amp sees flat load, doesnt care about source out put impedance

Also my version of zobel is not restricted CR but LR and LCR and even magnitude of filters

Its just that life doesnt go well so i just retired from the game but i will be glad to help out :)

Dec 19, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #14,616 of 16,080
if you have a moment, id love to hear what you thought of the fed in an etymotic style shell? i really want to play around with that sort of thing for my tws design.

edit: (also wishing you all the best on the life stuff. i had to drop all my hobbies a few years back for life shiz. i know how much it can suck)

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #14,618 of 16,080
lol soz for the @

basically everything i know is from your posts, so im just switching between this thread and the mini-doc i compiled to keep track of all the discussions about the rab-p lol
I did masm series and final series and then some confidential commercial iem and now i am out lol

About FED, go on, just remember to not use dampers with it... And try get the tube style ryt, the lenght... And you can make your own ety style fed iem :)

Dec 19, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #14,619 of 16,080
I did masm series and final series and then some confidential commercial iem and now i am out lol

About FED, go on, just remember to not use dampers with it... And try get the tube style ryt, the lenght... And you can make your own ety style fed iem :)
speaking of the final series. in the final 2 what exactly is the ed-30761 handling? looking at the fr on its data sheet it seems like a bass/mids woofer. and i noticed the lower mids seemed a little bloated in the fr i could find of the final 2. so i was wondering if it would be worth trying to push it into more bass shelf territory with a crossover, or swap it for a sub?

edit: (bloated for my personal tastes that align closer to harmen than pre-harmen standards. tho i do love some diffuse field for its clarity)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back