Holo Audio Bliss
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #3,063 of 3,331
Dumb question I know but can you use bliss to drive 2-3 headphones at once through different outputs?

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #3,064 of 3,331
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #3,065 of 3,331
Hello Bliss Owner,
I may have to switch the voltage of Bliss to 220v in near future. The process is simple but I have to replace the fuse as well.
As per the website looks like some fancy fuse is there - “Fuse is upgraded with world class Red Nano fuse with gold/silver and graphene and quartz filtering materials. Only KTE Model”

Where can I procure this fancy fuse for 2A as against 4A that is currently installed for 110v

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #3,066 of 3,331
Hello Bliss Owner,
I may have to switch the voltage of Bliss to 220v in near future. The process is simple but I have to replace the fuse as well.
As per the website looks like some fancy fuse is there - “Fuse is upgraded with world class Red Nano fuse with gold/silver and graphene and quartz filtering materials. Only KTE Model”

Where can I procure this fancy fuse for 2A as against 4A that is currently installed for 110v
I'd reach out to Kitsune and see if they're willing to sell you one

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #3,067 of 3,331
Hello Bliss Owner,

I’d just use an SR Purple or Master Fuze rated for 240V/2.5A (small, slow blow). The Holo fuse is identical to a fuse you can get on AliExpress for $14-20, and is actually pretty good too, though I prefer the upgrades.

Dec 26, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #3,068 of 3,331
My Bliss KTE and May L2 arrive on Tuesday. Got a great deal on both and they will be the replacement for my Gustard R26 and Ferrum OOR+Hypsos.

Can't wait to be a member of this elite club 😅🙌

Now just deciding if I want Serene for a preamp, or if I'd rather go with something from KHOZMO.
Curious to know how you like it. Will you be running ZMF?

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #3,069 of 3,331
I'm interested in acquiring a Bliss KTE but my DAC only outputs ~5V. Has anyone successfully used a Bliss KTE with a DAC that has less than the 5.8V the Bliss is intended to receive. I have easy to drive headphones (Audeze LCD-MX4 and Focal Utopia) but I'm concerned I might be leaving some of the goodness the Bliss can deliver with a lower voltage DAC.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #3,070 of 3,331
I'm interested in acquiring a Bliss KTE but my DAC only outputs ~5V. Has anyone successfully used a Bliss KTE with a DAC that has less than the 5.8V the Bliss is intended to receive. I have easy to drive headphones (Audeze LCD-MX4 and Focal Utopia) but I'm concerned I might be leaving some of the goodness the Bliss can deliver with a lower voltage DAC.
The May will perform fine. Industry standard is 2v RCA, 4v XLR, so you’re still above the standard.

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #3,071 of 3,331
What’s wrong with lower voltage DAC ? Standard is 4V XLR and bliss has enough power to drive easy to use headphone with 4V input. You can always get active preamp in future to bump it up. Why do you want the DAC to pump up more

Dec 26, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #3,072 of 3,331
What’s wrong with lower voltage DAC ? Standard is 4V XLR and bliss has enough power to drive easy to use headphone with 4V input. You can always get active preamp in future to bump it up. Why do you want the DAC to pump up more
In a communication with Tim at Kitsune he said that “ bliss paired to another Dac like denafrips T2 with only 4V outputs which the bliss isn’t designed for this so the lower gain levels limit headroom. Distortion is still low however headroom reduced when it’s not getting the intended 5.8V output from spring3 or May Dac.”

Dec 26, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #3,073 of 3,331
In a communication with Tim at Kitsune he said that “ bliss paired to another Dac like denafrips T2 with only 4V outputs which the bliss isn’t designed for this so the lower gain levels limit headroom. Distortion is still low however headroom reduced when it’s not getting the intended 5.8V output from spring3 or May Dac.”
Ya headroom will reduce but still enough for easy to drive headphones and easy fix is to get active preamp instead of changing DAC if you like the current one.

With HqPlayer running at -3db and Freya + adding 12 DB gain, I’m at -51db in volume on bliss. Without any upsampling or Active gain in between, I will be running at ~-35 to -40db with ZMF Atrium.
I don’t listen loud though.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #3,074 of 3,331
Thanks @kumar402 I hadn’t thought about an active pre to pair with my DAC, that would work well.

I’m in the PGGB camp so I’m looking forward to seeing how the Bliss elevates my 16fs music library.

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #3,075 of 3,331
As others pointed out 5 volts is well within the normal range and while Holo Audio may have optimized it to pair with their own dacs it has plenty of headroom for the vast majority of headphones including Susvaras.

The one notable exception though is the Modhouse Tungstens, which performs noticeably better at higher voltages. 5.8 volts appear to be the bare minimum based on early impressions.

Also as @kumar402 stated above can be easily remedied by adding an active pre. One popular option seems to be the Schiit Kara. Definitely not necessary for ZMFs though.

Edit: Had a great chat recently with Goldensound and a few others about this topic of using higher input voltages to produce more gain to better drive Tungstens.

Tldr With the Bliss it doesn't have any real impact other than reaching the Bliss' maximum output voltage of 21 volts sooner with less db at a lower volume, which gives the illusion of more power. If your dac is feeding the Bliss ~5 volts then it will reach the maximum output voltage regardless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back