Holo Audio Bliss
Dec 13, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #3,046 of 3,331
Ahhh.. glad to hear it can power it fine, my dac also spring 3 kte with preamp.

when spring 3 pre set to max, what position is bliss in - db to reach a comfortable volume?

Thanks
Usually find myself in the range of - 15 to - 10 db with the Tungstens.

Dec 14, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #3,047 of 3,331
Got my Bliss yesterday and first impression was it wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be; initially it seemed like both my Euforia Evo and Elise had more power with my ZMF Atrium and Eikon. Then I remembered my DAC (Dangerous D-Box+) was only at 30% (both Feliks amps were at 80% volume), so I maxed it and found a sweet spot at -18 Hi-Z.

So now I have both Feliks amps at 30% and I'm like a kid in a candy store going back and forth between the three amps. Also I have a greater appreciation of my Feliks amps because I didn't know they were that powerful. It's only been about 15 hours but the Bliss resolution is standing out already. The Evo seems to have a slight edge in imagery and a bigger edge in soundstage and warmth but from past experience with Holo Audio (Spring KTE level 3) I know I have at least 200 hours before it makes some headway in the "magic" gap with the Feliks amps.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #3,048 of 3,331
It's certainly a question that's already been asked, but is there any difference between balanced and RCA inputs?

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #3,050 of 3,331
Got my Bliss yesterday and first impression was it wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be; initially it seemed like both my Euforia Evo and Elise had more power with my ZMF Atrium and Eikon. Then I remembered my DAC (Dangerous D-Box+) was only at 30% (both Feliks amps were at 80% volume), so I maxed it and found a sweet spot at -18 Hi-Z.

So now I have both Feliks amps at 30% and I'm like a kid in a candy store going back and forth between the three amps. Also I have a greater appreciation of my Feliks amps because I didn't know they were that powerful. It's only been about 15 hours but the Bliss resolution is standing out already. The Evo seems to have a slight edge in imagery and a bigger edge in soundstage and warmth but from past experience with Holo Audio (Spring KTE level 3) I know I have at least 200 hours before it makes some headway in the "magic" gap with the Feliks amps.
Sounds fun! Keep us posted on how it turns out for you!

Dec 15, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #3,051 of 3,331
Joined the Bliss club today. Have been listening to ZMF and EC ZDS for close to 18 months so looking forward to a new experience. My Atrium has magical pairing with ZDS and my VC pairs equally well with DSHA3F so I had no business buying new amp but here I’m with a new amp :gs1000smile:

Dec 21, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #3,053 of 3,331
Got a question and wanted to get some opinions.

I've mainly been a headphone guy for the last 5 years and for the most part my headphone journey is at an end (for now) except for buying a future Caldera closed and an Atrium closed and whatever else ZMF might come out with.

So, I want to dig another rabbit hole for myself and get back into a 2-channel speaker set up. I've got a spare room, and I'm working out a DIY room conditioning project right now.

While I am good on speaker amps and speakers, I want some opinions on a preamp.

Now I have a Spring 3 KTE (No preamp) and a Bliss KTE, so I am obviously leaning towards a Serene. The thing is that will get me too 3 remotes and I would like to keep it down to 2. So, my thought is Spring 3 to Serene to Bliss. Keep the Bliss volume at 0 and use the Serene to control the volume. Do you think that would work?

Also does anyone have an opinion on the Musician Monoceros, or the Defrips Hades as a bang for your buck scenario that will get me the same level of performance as the Serene without spending 3K and without altering the sound of the Bliss in any meaningful way set up in the same kind of chain as I laid out above.

I'll live with 3 remotes if I have too but would like to keep it down to 2.

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #3,054 of 3,331

I've mainly been a headphone guy for the last 5 years and for the most part my headphone journey is at an end (for now) except for buying a future Caldera closed and an Atrium closed and whatever else ZMF might come out with.

So, I want to dig another rabbit hole for myself and get back into a 2-channel speaker set up. I've got a spare room, and I'm working out a DIY room conditioning project right now.

Now I have a Spring 3 KTE (No preamp) and a Bliss KTE, so I am obviously leaning towards a Serene. The thing is that will get me too 3 remotes and I would like to keep it down to 2. So, my thought is Spring 3 to Serene to Bliss. Keep the Bliss volume at 0 and use the Serene to control the volume. Do you think that would work?

Also does anyone have an opinion on the Musician Monoceros, or the Defrips Hades as a bang for your buck scenario that will get me the same level of performance as the Serene without spending 3K and without altering the sound of the Bliss in any meaningful way set up in the same kind of chain as I laid out above.

I think there's a version of Holo remote (rmt-3 maybe?) that allows you to control both the Spring and Serene with one remote, you should double check that I remember correctly..

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #3,055 of 3,331
I think there's a version of Holo remote (rmt-3 maybe?) that allows you to control both the Spring and Serene with one remote, you should double check that I remember correctly..
I have seen it, but I've only seen it used here and there.

I have not seen one on Kitsune Hi-Fi or Magna Hi-Fi either.

Also, the RMT-3 only resolves my issue if I go for the Serene.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #3,056 of 3,331

Have you tried the Spring directly to the speaker amp? That's a really fine DAC, using the Serene as a pre or even Serene/Bliss seems a bit redundant. If you want extra power or holo/soundstage/imagery/magic, there's nothing like a good tube amp.

Dec 22, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #3,057 of 3,331
Have you tried the Spring directly to the speaker amp? That's a really fine DAC, using the Serene as a pre or even Serene/Bliss seems a bit redundant. If you want extra power or holo/soundstage/imagery/magic, there's nothing like a good tube amp.
The plan is to ultimately have multiple speaker amps (one set of SS and one set of Tubes). I will be sitting 5 to 6 feet away and my Spring 3 has no preamp as stated before. Also, the reason why I will not use the Bliss as the preamp because it only has one XLR and one RCA, and I don't want to be limited by my output options. I want as many output options as possible for anything I do in the future, hence the preamp.

Dec 22, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #3,058 of 3,331
I have a Feliks Elise and a Holo Bliss. Would it be safe to run an RCA cable from the "line out" jacks on the Elise to the "input" jacks on the Bliss, and use the Elise as a tube pre for the Bliss? Could that be too much voltage for the Bliss?

Dec 22, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #3,059 of 3,331
I have a Feliks Elise and a Holo Bliss. Would it be safe to run an RCA cable from the "line out" jacks on the Elise to the "input" jacks on the Bliss, and use the Elise as a tube pre for the Bliss? Could that be too much voltage for the Bliss?
I think Elise has line out for preamp but does it add any gain to signal if we keep volume at max for Preamp functionality? Also not sure about output impedance of it when you cut the volume a lot as that may have impact on the frequency response of Bliss. General rule is input impedance of amp should be 10 times that of output impedance of Preamp.
But there is no harm in trying as you may like it. I use my Bliss with Freya in tube mode keeping volume at max at Freya level so that adds around 12db or 4 V of gain to bliss input.
Make sure to keep volume of bliss at minimum and then increase slowly if you don’t know about the gain Elise will add to signal.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #3,060 of 3,331

Why the Serene if you can use the Bliss as a pre??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back