HM801 music transfer
Dec 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Musicdiddy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, apologies if this has been answered before but after a lot of searching I am still not sure. I recently acquired a HM801 and I am really impressed with the sound quality but I am having problems putting music on the unit. I am using Media Monkey and DBPower Amp to convert all my ALAC files but I cannot seem to get the tracks to appear on the 801 with the track numbers. Whatever I try they appear in alphabetical order which I don't find to be very user friendly. I really want to keep this as I can live with the menus, but if I cannot sort out the music transfer then I may have to send it back. Has anybody got any suggestions please?                               

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Rename the file name with their track number in front.

Like such:
[Track1name.mp3] -> [01-Track1name.mp3]
[Track2name.mp3] -> [02-Track2name.mp3]
[Track12name.mp3] -> [12-Track12name.mp3]

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 3
For those with Macs interested in direct CD ripping straight to say FLAC format, you may find Xilisoft's Audio Converter Pro an easy CD ripper with easier GUI than say Max/XLD to FLAC. ($35) They do a whole lot of other conversion software too but I tend to use this.

However it does 44/16 fine but they are presently tweaking for 96/24 for the high end FLAC users (doesn't rip properly at this level). I want to have 96/24 for my 801. The 44/16 do sound good still, especially via Hifiman's balanced card.

Anyone understand how Max's flac compression ratings are graded ? I mean if you want to rip to 96/24, do you set it to flac 0 (zero?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back