HLLY DMK-IV (DAC, headphone amp, pre amp)
Jan 13, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #46 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And?
confused.gif

Instead of boosting your post count why not contribute to the thread.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #47 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Instead of boosting your post count why not contribute to the thread.

Yes, actually, I'll do the same.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #48 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LD claims they use custom cases, so it's likely those are also ripoffs.

If custom = exclusive, then this is definitely not the case here. Except the MKI that really seems something that came out of a workshop, all the rest seem rather generic and could have very well been OEM products.

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #49 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a $20,000 fine if the FCC busts you with one of those.

Aren't there free frequencies for the radio amateurs in US? This is weird.
confused_face.gif

And if what you say is true, then you should consider the logic of a system that allows bullets to be sold in supermarkets and low power fm transmitters to be illegal...
deadhorse.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #51 of 106
me too as it looks cool as hell, i hope we get back on topic

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #54 of 106
My unit should hopefully be here early next week. Once again I have to say that the communication from this company has been very good. They seem very eager to please their customers. When I brought up something I didn't like about shipping they immediately changed to a better / faster carrier. At their cost.

I truly hope the HLLY is as nice as the Compass.

I will keep you guys posted.

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #55 of 106
i cannot wait because i have a zero dac at the moment and i wanted to buy another one but if this thing turns out good i might have to make a turn for it

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #56 of 106
Well, my review sample arrived today. It seemed to be well packed...but...the IR receiver was somehow sucked inside the chassis, and one of the RCA jacks was busted. Perhaps of more concern, it says 220V on it. I will hope that it isn't actually 220V, as then it would be useless.

I will get the burn-in started tomorrow, provided it actually powers up properly.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #57 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my review sample arrived today. It seemed to be well packed...but...the IR receiver was somehow sucked inside the chassis, and one of the RCA jacks was busted. Perhaps of more concern, it says 220V on it. I will hope that it isn't actually 220V, as then it would be useless.

I will get the burn-in started tomorrow, provided it actually powers up properly.

Wear some rubber gloves before hitting the power switch Sky......broken bits and a 220V label OOTB aren't exactly confidence building are they
frown.gif

Peete.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #58 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wear some rubber gloves before hitting the power switch Sky......broken bits and a 220V label OOTB aren't exactly confidence building are they
frown.gif

Peete.

Errrr...no. Not confidence building, you're right. I was too tired last night to even try it. May get to it later today.

The good news is that plugging a 220V device into 110V will at least not cause a fire, the way plugging a 100V device into 220V would.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #59 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Errrr...no. Not confidence building, you're right. I was too tired last night to even try it. May get to it later today.

The good news is that plugging a 220V device into 110V will at least not cause a fire, the way plugging a 100V device into 220V would.

At first when I wrote the reply I did it was slightly tongue in cheek (for the first part) but then I thought injury is a real possibility so I left the statement as a serious vote of caution. I know you need no advice in this area as you are well experienced in such matters so with that I say, good luck with the test Sky and I look forward to your impressions of said device provided it functions as it should.

Peete.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #60 of 106
Well, Hlly has informed me they DID send me a 115V version. So that's good, although I would prefer that it be marked as such. I will get the burn-in started today, before I leave for a 3-day business trip, so when I get back Thursday, it should be ready for listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back