HJE900 replacement cable [other than original/Sleek Audio]
Jul 15, 2011 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

HungryHippo

New Head-Fier
So the right side of the cord just gave up on me and I was wondering if there are any replacement cables other than the original (cable noise) or the Sleek Audio's (complaints of difference in sound quality). A mic would be nice but isn't a must and my budget is limited at $20.

Thanks

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 9
There is no change in sound quality but the quality of the Sleeks is poor. Sleek is going to released better cables sometime soon though but another alternative is this which you can forward from Japan via Tenso. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
There is no change in sound quality but the quality of the Sleeks is poor. Sleek is going to released better cables sometime soon though but another alternative is this which you can forward from Japan via Tenso. 

Thanks for the reply, how long is it expected to be before the improved cables are released and what's the source for this info? The cable in the link looks alright, although i feel .6m would be too short. Also $40 + shipping seems a little steep.

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 9
Sleek had told me in 2 months via email, two months have passed but they should be approaching now but can't say for certain. The price of that cable is pretty steep, but  it is lighter and more user friendly than the stock ones. 

Jul 16, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Sleek had told me in 2 months via email, two months have passed but they should be approaching now but can't say for certain. The price of that cable is pretty steep, but  it is lighter and more user friendly than the stock ones. 

I just emailed sleek regarding the release date of the improved cable and am still awaiting for a reply. If the release date is soon I think I'll wait. Hopefully the quality of the new cables will be a true step up from their current state. On another note, are there actually no other cables out there? I'm pretty surprised that people haven't found any decent cables at reasonable prices other than these for the panas....

Jul 16, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 9
That's because  the Panasonics are mainly a Japan only IEM and we are actually lucky Sleek is using the same plugs. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Just received a reply from Sleek, they confirmed their plans for a "much more durable cable" however they don't have any set time frame yet... Does anyone know of any other possible cables that are compatible with the hje900's? 
confused_face_2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back