HJE900 bud dies.
Oct 16, 2010 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ClassicThunder

Head-Fier
My HJE900 are unfortunately out of warranty and one of the earbuds just died on me. The quality sounds fine but the sound is very quiet. Does anyone know of a fix? Or should I start shopping for a new pair?

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 13
I had heard a few comments like this before.  Hoped it wasn't true about being pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
Are you sure it's not the cable? Have you tried awitching the  bud to the other cable to see what happens? 

Quite sure. I same bud didn't work no matter where I put it.

Quote:
I had heard a few comments like this before.  Hoped it wasn't true about being pretty on the outside and ugly on the inside.

Well they sounded great for about 7 months. Shame the warranty lasted only 6 months
mad.gif

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 13

I bought mine in the States, and just had a look at the warranty card and it's only 90 days.
eek.gif
  As someone who lives in the EU I'm used to the two year warranty that we get on all electronic goods.
Quote:
Quite sure. I same bud didn't work no matter where I put it.

Quote:

Well they sounded great for about 7 months. Shame the warranty lasted only 6 months
mad.gif

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #6 of 13
That is why I always prefer to shop from a place that offers warranty and service support and at least for a year, well and pay extra few bucks for thtat service. Some Earphones arent  just made well enough and  like anything else break down. Sorry about that.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 13
Interesting, I guess they aren't built to last afterall...

Thanks for the info, I've been tempted by the JR deal for quite a while now, permanent V curve and not built to last do not rank them as the best sub-$100 purchase.

To be honest I just want to know what zirconia sounds like, I'd listen to them for a week and then sell them, Lol.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #8 of 13
Interesting. I suppose time will tell exactly how well the hje900 are built. Still, to be fair, we should remember that a production run of a product, no matter how well designed, will always have a few lemons. It is possible that the op was just unlucky.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Yep....

Oct 16, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #10 of 13
Uh oh.  It's kinda weird but I've been tempted to run these things over with my car and see what happens.  I figured I'd wait until the drivers die to do it.  It looks like I may get my chance sooner rather than later. I hope not, though.

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Uh oh.  It's kinda weird but I've been tempted to run these things over with my car and see what happens.  I figured I'd wait until the drivers die to do it.  It looks like I may get my chance sooner rather than later. I hope not, though.

Come on, do it before warranty ends, you might have a chance for a free replacement.  I ran over a ruby CZ heart shape pendant, not a scratch, CZ is hard. I'd guess the housing of the 900 will be ok, the drive inside.....

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #13 of 13
Good news! Panasonic answered my email this morning asking if there was anything I could do to get them repaired. They said to mail them in and they will send me a refurbished pair
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back