hisoundaudio's poor customer service..
Oct 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

supracrazy_tommy

Head-Fier
  I would like to first of all say that, I am not a person that likes to talk bad about a certain company because of one fault.  If they are able to fix their faults then to me that is a good customer service.

I recently purchased the 3rd gen studio V from Jack.  I went ahead and opted for the express shipping which was like an additional $30.
  I tracked the entire package from HK to Texas where I live.  I wasn't able to receive the package, and I found out later it was because there was an "incomplete address" on the package.  They have no choice but to return it to the sender. 

I am already upset that I gave him my full address, and the address was incomplete on the package.  I emailed both the hisoundaudio emails.  I don't know if the person that responds is actually Jack or his co-worker. 

They said that it is their fault and they apologize and that they can send it back to me, BUT I have to pay for express shipping again.  I don't know how they have the nerve to ask me to pay shipping TWICE when it was clearly them at fault.  I already feel like I'm at a loss because I paid for express shipping, and in the end I won't be able to receive my package till 2 weeks later from the date I ordered. 

I responded by saying, there is no way I am paying for shipping twice, when it is clearly not my fault.  I checked the address I gave them, and it was exactly the right address that it was suppose to me mailed to.  He mailed me the form where he posted my address on, and I see the address is missing the "numbers" to my address.  No wonder it can't be delivered it just has the street. 

Granted Jack really helped me with this order by giving me a good price, but its the principle that matters here.  You can't make your customer pay for shipping twice when it is your own companies fault. 

I am not here to talk bad about their company, but I just want something that would be fair.  I already accepted that I am not getting the package in the express shipping time frame, but to ask me to pay for shipping again is just ridiculous. 

Am I asking for too much for asking them to pay for express shipping to ship it back to me?  I literally tracked the entire package from start to finish everyday.  When I saw something was questionable about the tracking I emailed and asked. 

When I saw that it failed delivery, I immediately emailed him to tell him to stop it from being sent back to him.  By the time he responded it was already too late. 

If anyone has any advice that I could do or am I being unreasonable please give me your input. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 22
Not at all, Jack was down right the worst person I have ever dealt with in this game.  

You are well within your right to not pay, he (they) are stubborn as mules so you probably wont get anywhere.

Yet another example of these many instances I am compiling on them. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 22
  Man I don't know if this DAP is so good like everyone says on the review that I have to go through this.  There aren't really any other DAPs in my price range.  Are these like on another level to the colorfly c3 ?  Price wise it is though heh

I just want Jack to make this right.  If you are at fault and you stand by it to fix it, than I respect that and you will still have my business in the future.  I understand no one is perfect and mistakes happen. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #4 of 22
More powerful but not neccessarily better than the c3.  The c3 sounds awesome.

Studio's firmware is one of the worst around and will more than likely drive you mad.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:
More powerful but not neccessarily better than the c3.  The c3 sounds awesome.

Studio's firmware is one of the worst around and will more than likely drive you mad.

I actually like some aspects of  the Studio's firmware...such as being able to play a whole folder whereas the C3 can't. But the fact that it takes 40secs for me to boot data from my sd card is also a turnoff for me. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 22
It's their error, I think they have a hide trying to charge you again.

Damn, man if a so called company is throwing their hands up in the air about a shipping cost due to an error THEY caused what's the worlds coming too? What a joke, I will NEVER deal with Hisound. I have read so many story's about them recently. Whether it be their products or their service. It's their damn problem not yours, they messed up the addres. What a bunch of cheap arses.

This is an absolute joke you have every right to speak up about it I hear nothing but drama drama drama about them!

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #7 of 22
I'd tell you what I'd do? Leave it there, get a refund, take your business elsewhere. You'll probably be happier anyway.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #8 of 22
Get a refund. No way in hell will I pay twice for S&H. That's the worst customer service possible,...this proves they're to be avoided.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #9 of 22
  I really didn't know they had this kind of customer service.  I figured since he is active on forums maybe he will stand behind his company and products. 

I guess colorfly c3 is really my only other option.  Stozzer you said that the studios are more powerful but not necessarily better than the c3?  What do mean by its more powerful ?  Like it is able to drive more powerful headphones?  
I wanted a dac/amp for my ipod classic, but the best one I hear is the fostex hp-p1, but it is way over my price range.  Is it really worth the $650 ?  Does this combo of (ipod + fostex hp-p1) really trump standalone Daps out there?  

I actually wanted to try their DAPs since they are so raved about on here.  They have all the purposes I wanted.  It is a standalone DAP and can serve as an amp for my laptop when I need.  

Jack, if you are reading this I am still willing to give you one last chance if you want to fix this.  
If you ship out the package by Monday through express shipping since it was the shipping route I took to order it in the first place.  If I don't get an email with tracking or response, than I have no choice but to cancel my order through paypal.  
Which in that fact you are losing money, a customer and your reputation.  

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 22
Take your iPod, get a FiiO LOD & a FiiO E11. You'll be quite surprised at the sq this setup produces.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #11 of 22
I wanted to bypass the internal dac inside the ipods because I hear that they are pretty bad now.  The only dac/amp I know that bypasses it is the fostex hp-p1.  Unless anyone know any other ones that are a good value.  

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:
I wanted to bypass the internal dac inside the ipods because I hear that they are pretty bad now.  The only dac/amp I know that bypasses it is the fostex hp-p1.  Unless anyone know any other ones that are a good value.  

That's a myth spread by the cult of Wolfson. The Cirrus Logic units put out nice, linear  sound.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #13 of 22
I actually like some aspects of  the Studio's firmware...such as being able to play a whole folder whereas the C3 can't. But the fact that it takes 40secs for me to boot data from my sd card is also a turnoff for me. 

Why do head-fiers put up with those ****ty chinese DAPs? Some (like the hifimans) even have bass and treble rolloffs and high output impedance, yet they are praised for their superior "fidelity" :rolleyes:

That's a myth spread by the cult of Wolfson. The Cirrus Logic units put out nice, linear  sound.

The 5.5 gen iPod with the Wolfson DAC had a big bass rolloff… that's not "high fidelity"! I'm sick and tired of all the myths in this place.

Oct 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #14 of 22

True dat!!! I just wanted an easily Rockboxable player (iPod 5.5 G) that I could play with. Paired with my incase sonic's the sound is quite nice. Especially since the sonic's have a nice low end thump!!! :D

PS: I miss my classic bro,...:p

Oct 21, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 22
 I am not going to comment on the issues with customer service other than to say that my own experience with Hisound was very very good. However, on sound quality, it is nonsense to say the Studio V 3rd only sounds louder than the C3. Having recently had a good long listen to a C3 i can tell you emphatically that the Studio sounds much better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back