Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Jun 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #496 of 830
Quote:
Here's a question: Why do people have a problem with charging a player once a day? If through extended play you make it from when you first start using it to the end of the day, why is that a problem?

Because I hate having to constantly charge a player. With the Studio V I've gone for weeks without charging it and that is nice. I tend to have OCD and don't like stressing out over stupid things such as charging my players on a daily basis.

Jun 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #498 of 830
I consider it so. One reason why I don't use my DX100 all the time. While it may be a very good unit it last about 7 hours per charge. Sometimes I may forget to even charge my unit and then when it's needed I can't use it. I've yet to have that happen on my Studio V. Not to mention the large battery life is just a plus as the sound quality crushes any ipod or cowon (even an amped one).

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #499 of 830
If you can't learn to live with compromises with electronics, you're not allowed to consider yourself a hobbyist. Pay better attention to your battery life. :|

Charging once a day? Be happy!

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #500 of 830
Why would I want to live with compromise when I don't have to? Especially when I'm paying for it. As time goes by things improve. Including battery life. Nothing wrong with getting with the times and improving, instead of being stuck in the stone-age. At the same time the improved sound quality has raised my standards and continues to put a smile on my face. I think a big part of being in this hobby is accepting compromise (but on certain things). An example would be the UI on many of these Chinese DAPs. Generally they aren't the best but the sound quality you gain is often well worth it.  But if you are ok with charging your DAP everyday, good for you. I'd rather not be limited to that although I do own DAPs that do require so. The battery life isn't the best feature on the Studio V IMO, it's the sound quality you get in an extremely durable and portable package.

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #502 of 830
Quote:
Because not all of us have that luxury.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ofcourse but why slate him for enjoying it? 

If you have the cash, you get the battery life. if not, life with once a day charging like with most smartphones, big whoop.

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #504 of 830
You are most likely to hear hiss on high sensitive IEMs or headphones. But with harder to drive IEMs or headphones it should be a non-issue. But I highly recommend pairing this unit with a darker headphone/IEM as combining a bright headphone/IEM with a bright sources is a recipe for disaster. Although there are those treble heads out there lol.

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #506 of 830
Just curious is there a difference between the Silver Crystal and the Golden one? Either way the Silver Crystal has pleasantly surprised me. For its asking price it is also a great value. I don't know how Hi-sound does it but they do offer some really nice products.

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #508 of 830
"Are you guys having hiss with high sensitivity IEMs only? Or all? Could you list which IEMs do/do not hiss with the studio v?"

can anyone confirm if they can hear hiss with the vsonic gr07?
if so, would using an amp ( i.e. headstage arrow) decrease/remove the hiss?

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #509 of 830
Quote:
Can anyone compare the Studio with the RoCoo BA?
I have the BA and it sounds really awesome but I'm just curious how different these 2 are.

Thanks!

BA sound is more neutral while Studio has more defination. Studio has a problem with upper-mids and mid-bass section. It's sound a bit tinny because of less entity on mid-bass section. But Studio still has more clarity and good in bass and sub-bass section

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #510 of 830
Quote:
BA sound is more neutral while Studio has more defination. Studio has a problem with upper-mids and mid-bass section. It's sound a bit tinny because of less entity on mid-bass section. But Studio still has more clarity and good in bass and sub-bass section

Leaner, tighter bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back