Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
Sep 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #16 of 240

Does that seem inappropriate?

I don't have my DX50 with me at the moment, so cannot definitively say whether it will be good together.........

Compared to the guy wo got the DX50 for his $5 Philips SHE8790or whatever this is very appropriate. 
Seriously though, if I had $300 to spend I would get a better IEM. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #17 of 240

Compared to the guy wo got the DX50 for his $5 Philips SHE8790or whatever this is very appropriate. 
Seriously though, if I had $300 to spend I would get a better IEM. 

You may be surprised at how versatile the BA100 is. Anyway, I look forward to your thoughts once you get some ear time on them.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #19 of 240
Break in may be real on these. I know some don't think BAs break in. I'm not of that faction but agree that it's more subtle and can be missed in less critical setups. If this is a Siren type BA, it's subject to the same mechanical breakin parameters as a dynamic driver. I'd make sure they're stable before making any real observations. I tend to give a quick listen and then just start running things in at 8 hr intervals with daily listening tests until I don't 'think' 
wink_face.gif
 that I notice a difference. I'll be getting one as well. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #20 of 240
  My pair of sample BA100 arrived today.........

Briefly, the packaging and general quality of the IEM is very pleasant. The provided tips are really good and very Ortofon like. I would recommend anyone who wants to buy Ortofon tips to buy a pair of BA100, have the tips in S. M. L., and get the IEMs thrown in. 

An interesting feature is the copper(?) stems.

I am a firm believer that one can never over source or amp a pair of IEMs. So, I have followed this train of thought and have been listening to the BA100 out of the ASP TU-05, Wagnus S and Mass Kobo 385 source by the Hex Dac, and with serious cabling.

The BA100 are pretty diminutive, and quite similar in size to the IE800 so I am wearing them in the same way. Cable down, IEM firing upwards into my ear canals. Out of the box and with the tips changed to large and on the edge of the stem, they sounded wishy washy......imaging was literally all over the place or at least to what I am accustomed to. My thoughts were $49 introductory, or $69 at full retail, no biggie, nice effort.

Then, by pulling tips all the way down the stem and literally exposing the metal stems. (as per the picture above) What an improvement! Things has click into place, and the sonic picture that the BA100 portarys is really quite correct. Bass quantity is probably less but quality has moved up a few notches, basslines are still apparent and can be followed. Quite tight and nice little punch. Extension is not too deep though. Mids are clean, but lacks ultimately resolution. Vocals are quite nice in the sense that you can recognize all singers' characteristics. There are some nuances that comes through. Highs are never harsh and some sparkle is apparent.

Soundstaging is good, on the small side but layers are there, as is structure, proportion and sense of perspective. Images are stable. All in all, the BA100 is revealing enough to allow the characteristics of the different amps to come through......

In summing up, I must admit the BA100 is an IEM which sounds way beyond it's price. It is an IEM that I have listened to now, for longer than many more expensive offerings that are in my "do not listen to" box. I will try the BA100 with different DAPs in the next few days and report back. I am thinking for a cheap good sounding rig, the DX50 and the BA100 might just be a match that is too good to pass by at less than $300.

Highly recommended for those rainy days...............

I like that tip arrangement. I prefer more compact. The shape should still allow a nice insertion.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #21 of 240
Greeting from MA
Glad I found this Thread

We will be bringing the following items  to the Canjam in Denver Oct 11-13
1x HisoundAudio new Balanced armature in-ears BA 100 
1x HiSound Studio 3 ANV,
1x  N1 ( among the Smallest HiFi grade DAPs out there.)
1x Living  earbuds 

We will also host a Raffle during the Showtime. 
Please come and check this out to Canjam in 2 weeks

link to Canjam Headfi thread here

IMPORTANT:  for those who are not able to attend the CANJAM and interested in auditioning this 
I am planing to organize a tour (USA only now)

Interested headfiers post your opinion here
Hope to See you at Canjam Audio Fest 

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #22 of 240
  My pair of sample BA100 arrived today.........

Briefly, the packaging and general quality of the IEM is very pleasant. The provided tips are really good and very Ortofon like. I would recommend anyone who wants to buy Ortofon tips to buy a pair of BA100, have the tips in S. M. L., and get the IEMs thrown in. 

An interesting feature is the copper(?) stems.

I am a firm believer that one can never over source or amp a pair of IEMs. So, I have followed this train of thought and have been listening to the BA100 out of the ASP TU-05, Wagnus S and Mass Kobo 385 source by the Hex Dac, and with serious cabling.

The BA100 are pretty diminutive, and quite similar in size to the IE800 so I am wearing them in the same way. Cable down, IEM firing upwards into my ear canals. Out of the box and with the tips changed to large and on the edge of the stem, they sounded wishy washy......imaging was literally all over the place or at least to what I am accustomed to. My thoughts were $49 introductory, or $69 at full retail, no biggie, nice effort.

Then, by pulling tips all the way down the stem and literally exposing the metal stems. (as per the picture above) What an improvement! Things has click into place, and the sonic picture that the BA100 portarys is really quite correct. Bass quantity is probably less but quality has moved up a few notches, basslines are still apparent and can be followed. Quite tight and nice little punch. Extension is not too deep though. Mids are clean, but lacks ultimately resolution. Vocals are quite nice in the sense that you can recognize all singers' characteristics. There are some nuances that comes through. Highs are never harsh and some sparkle is apparent.

Soundstaging is good, on the small side but layers are there, as is structure, proportion and sense of perspective. Images are stable. All in all, the BA100 is revealing enough to allow the characteristics of the different amps to come through......

In summing up, I must admit the BA100 is an IEM which sounds way beyond it's price. It is an IEM that I have listened to now, for longer than many more expensive offerings that are in my "do not listen to" box. I will try the BA100 with different DAPs in the next few days and report back. I am thinking for a cheap good sounding rig, the DX50 and the BA100 might just be a match that is too good to pass by at less than $300.

Highly recommended for those rainy days...............

Wow... I did listen to them for a bit yesterday. But I think they may need to be ran in a bit. Unless maybe the Triad isn't the best pairing. I also agree on using them deep on the stem. That brought the sound into focus for me as well. Hisound generally creates pretty good IEMs for the price point. Even their last iteration really surprised me when paired with the correct sources. But as I said I'll have to run them in some more and spend more time with them to get a better picture of their sound. But at $49 to $69 it is not bad at all.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #23 of 240
Mine just arrived.  Straight OOTB there's a lot to like about these at their price point.  Need to get a few days with these and will report back.

BTW - the on-cable button/mic is ideal for iDevices.  1 click pause.  2 clicks next song.  3 clicks previous song.  Press and hold starts voice control on my iPhone.  Volume control would have been nice - but for the price, this functionality is very good.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #24 of 240
Mine just landed!
The sound is really quite neutral and very detailed with good imaging. 
spkrs01, because they have a 4 pole connector, they cannot be plugged into my DX50 without an adapter. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 240
  Mine just landed!
The sound is really quite neutral and very detailed with good imaging. 
spkrs01, because they have a 4 pole connector, they cannot be plugged into my DX50 without an adapter. 

Well, that is a shame. What adapter are you using? Does it not work with DX50?

I've had 4 pole jacks before that work with my other DAPs.

Mine are still coming, well last I heard, with my postal luck recently I hope the threads still active after Christmas. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #26 of 240

Well, that is a shame. What adapter are you using? Does it not work with DX50?

I've had 4 pole jacks before that work with my other DAPs.

Mine are still coming, well last I heard, with my postal luck recently I hope the threads still active after Christmas. 
rolleyes.gif

The DX50 seems to not work with any 4 pole connectors. 
They work perfectly with my Clip+. Very nice bass - good impact and fast. Mids re very neutral and the treble has no weird spikes and no sibilance. Paired with the Sansa Clip+ it is easily the best rig under $100. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 240

The DX50 seems to not work with any 4 pole connectors. 
They work perfectly with my Clip+. Very nice bass - good impact and fast. Mids re very neutral and the treble has no weird spikes and no sibilance. Paired with the Sansa Clip+ it is easily the best rig under $100. 

Hmm ok, wasn't aware of that. Sounds promising about the Clip+, I'll also try the Rocco BA. 

Should make a perfect on the go set up! 

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 240
I had some problems with the TU-05's 3.5mm socket, but on a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adaptor, for the Wagnus, it was fineGlad you guys seem to pretty much concur that the BA100 is a very good effort at the price point, and really shines. 

Gonna buy a Samsung Note 3 today and see how the BA100 sounds on that
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #29 of 240
Actually, the jack fits, but it is VERY tight on the DX50. I would recommend getting an adpater. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back