HIPPO VB
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I just ordered the HIPPO VB from uncle wilsons and hope to replace my soundmagic pl30 and Altec Lansing UHP336 with them. I paid for 2 day shipping but have no idea where these are comming from. LOL

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered the HIPPO VB from uncle wilsons and hope to replace my soundmagic pl30 with them. I paid for 2 day shipping but have no idea where these are comming from. LOL

Singapore!

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Hey Its been a while since Ive seen you post Lou! What full size cans are you currently enjoying these days
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 9
Hey DONUNUS How are you. I just got the JVC HA RX900 and they are burning in but I seem to like iem better anymore.

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey DONUNUS How are you. I just got the JVC HA RX900 and they are burning in but I seem to like iem better anymore.

Hey buddy! you have a great set of cans such as the Jvc's...Why changing to Iems? I heard that the Hippo Vb are a little boomy. Could be true?

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #6 of 9
I find the iem are much more comfortable than full size cans. I also am a sort of bass head. LOL

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by classakg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey buddy! you have a great set of cans such as the Jvc's...Why changing to Iems? I heard that the Hippo Vb are a little boomy. Could be true?

At the dotless plate (the most bass), yes, the bass is boomy, but for the other 2 plates, the bass is good quality.

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by classakg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey buddy! you have a great set of cans such as the Jvc's...Why changing to Iems?

hehehe Lou's History on headfi is sort of like a hardcore version of mine... Buy, sell, buy, sell, buy sell hehehe. I probably even keep some of the cans I've liked longer
biggrin.gif

Lou,
I used to remember the longest time you've ever kept the same cans was with the ur40. Even after all the senns akgs beyers etc... You kept those for a while. Are they still with you? Believe it or not, after my Journey here, I've still never heard ur40s
smile.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #9 of 9
yep I still have the same pair of ur40 from way back. I had the portapro for a long time but they broke after many years. The ur40 still are going strong. The same pair and never broke or whent bad in any way. I am burning in a new pair of ha rx900 now and am hopeing the vb will be my new favorite sound thing. I use a sensa clip and tv movies as a source but like the small iem for sound and comfort. I like lots of good bass for my tv movies and hope the vb will do well. I have had the soundmagic pl30 as my favorite iem for a good while now. I am out of the headphone game but still dabble a little with budget stuff. LOL. The rx900 cost me 19.00 because of a 35.00 credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back