High Resolution and Detailed USB DAC. $ 300-500 $
May 25, 2013 at 7:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sihing farzam

New Head-Fier
I want  a high resolution , detailed , texturized , transparent DAC with Greatest SOUNDSTAGE in its price range.
Of course I hate Harsh high and i have treble allergy .I want more Treble extension and More texturized and detailed sound.not more loud treble.

I have HD650 And Elekit TU-882 and i want MORE soundstage and resolution with this amp.
I am going to upgrade my FiiO E10 DAC.

I like pay under  $ 300 , but if i experience a HUGE Difference in Output Sound Quality , i can pay around $500.
Example: if yolung D100 II is a realy superior of HRT Music Streamer pro .

This is my list.Please HELP if you had some experience. 

iBASSO D6 Fer-de-Lance            275$
HRT Music Streamer pro              300$
AudioQuest DragonFly                 250$
Yolong U100                               225$
CEntrance DACport                    300$ 

*  Also iBasso is good  portable amp for my Sony EX1000 either and it is top of the my list.
** What do you think about Aune T1 ? 
Thanks All.

May 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #4 of 16
Maybe get a used marantz dvd5000 and use it as a dac. It uses an old pcm1704k r2r chip and implemented in such a way that is unmatched in todays dacs can probably be had for $300 it will sound on par or better than todays best delta sigma dacs. This is why the $1500 audio note kits still use pcm1704k. I love using my old yamaha rx-v1 receiver as a straight dac.

May 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 16
May 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #7 of 16
It might be a bit late but here are a couple options.  
Schiit Modi
Gamma 2 (DIY) you can ask some people to make it for you.
ODAC by JDS Labs
Audio GD has some nice ones as well.  I can't remember the model name off the top of my head though. 

May 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 16
Is there a reason why the ODAC isn't on your list? It's probably the best DAC you can get under $300.

The Schiit Modi is probably a good choice too.

May 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #9 of 16
Thanks all.
I am going to upgrade my **** FiiO E10 and , I want some stuff close to high end DAC.
I want a DAC around $ 300-500 , Superior than HRT Stream pro . Maybe yolung D100 II.
I serious think about 
iBasso D6
HRT streamer pro
yolung D100
 Please Recommend between  above DAC or some Superior stuff.
Thanks men.

May 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 16
An oldschool r2r (resistor ladder) dac would fit the bill for having smooth detailed highs with great soundstage.

i saw an aune t1 group buy for 119 at massdrop i think its a deal.

But i still think r2r dacs are the way to go i have an bifrost and my dad has a flagship yamaha receiver rx-v1 with the pcm1704k chip the receiver wins hands down even though the dac is 15 years old.

May 30, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #12 of 16
Please save a couple hundred more and buy your self a Jkenny ciunas. Nothing better out there for less than 5k.
U will love it

May 31, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
Is there a reason why the ODAC isn't on your list? It's probably the best DAC you can get under $300.

The Schiit Modi is probably a good choice too.

While it's not the only choice, even under $300, the ODAC is as audibly neutral as any DAC available. (I wish it accepted S/PDIF -- not because it's capable of improving sound quality -- because it would be much more convenient for me at the moment.) The HRT is also equally good.

DAC's costing thousands of dollars, or even more, are designed for people who prefer to listen to their money instead of their music.

May 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

While it's not the only choice, even under $300, the ODAC is as audibly neutral as any DAC available. (I wish it accepted S/PDIF -- not because it's capable of improving sound quality -- because it would be much more convenient for me at the moment.) The HRT is also equally good.

DAC's costing thousands of dollars, or even more, are designed for people who prefer to listen to their money instead of their music.

And I would agree. I just didn't want to sound like a He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named shill.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back