High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #1,021 of 1,031
Is it really true anymore? Seems like quality IEM have gotten way cheaper this last year. I'm A/Bing Kanas Pro and swd2+ and I found them quite close, they are both lean with a sweet natural sound. swd2+ has better timbre and resolution, also sound-stage perhaps but kpe has better separation and bass response. kpe is near half price of swd2+...

Saying this, below $100, I would chose earbuds over iem. No doubt for me so far.
However for TOTL stuff, I think it is debatable.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #1,022 of 1,031
So I've been using VE's Monk Plus and Copper and enjoy the sound, especially of the latter. But they keep falling apart on me! The cover of the earpiece falls off and then a channel cuts out. I admit I'm not the most gentle user but I never had this problem with Apple earbuds and I don't have the patience to keep regularly buying Monks, even at their price.

Any suggestions on buds that have a similar sound signature and are more durable? I was considering VE's Asura but I don't have any confidence that there won't be the same problem.

TIA

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #1,023 of 1,031
Only one review at the time for Simphonio Dragon 3...
I am curious to read more about it, and how it compares to Dragon 2+ and Shozy BK.

Still in the TOTL range, same questions about Moonbuds Super Nightingale...

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #1,024 of 1,031
Only one review at the time for Simphonio Dragon 3...
I am curious to read more about it, and how it compares to Dragon 2+ and Shozy BK.

Still in the TOTL range, same questions about Moonbuds Super Nightingale...

I have a moonbud super nightingale and I think the sound is really excellent but it's my only earbud so can't offer you insight or comparisons.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #1,025 of 1,031
I have a moonbud super nightingale and I think the sound is really excellent but it's my only earbud so can't offer you insight or comparisons.
Can you please describe it further, and also eventually compare it to your headphones, if no earbuds available for comparison ?

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,027 of 1,031
Here are some of my generic impressions:

Overall I think they are excellent when it comes to comfort for smaller ears due to the yuin shell.

Sound wise I think they are rather neutral in my opinion and I particularly like the mids. For an earbud I think their bass is really good although it obviously isn't like the bass of the cascade. However bass is fast and responsive similar to how etymotics are. I love the vocals on these. In a silent environment they are absolutely stunning in my opinion.
I also enjoy listening to piano, jazz or blues.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moonbuds-super-nightingale.23749/reviews#review-22126

I can echo most if not all of the comments in this review to be honest.
I agree the mids are slightly forward but not overly so. Treble is sparkly and good and the bass quantity is up to standard in my opinion and I'm an IEM user for most of my life so I guess that puts their bass qualities pretty highly as opposed to many buds.

Might add moon is an absolute joy to work with. I'd whole heartedly recommend these.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #1,028 of 1,031
Thank you :)
With which IEMs do you compare them ?

Sep 11, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,029 of 1,031
Thank you :)
With which IEMs do you compare them ?
I compare with IEM:
- Etymotic ER4SR
- Westone ES30 (custom 3 ba um pro driver)
- Campfire andromeda
- Campfire Cascade (headphone)

I'd say it does well when compared to etymotic er4sr. Like it, the vocals are really great and allow for that crisp and clear non overpowering sound.
When compared to the cascade headphone (extremely bass heavy), they don't reach the same level of bass so these buds are not for bass heads but I'd think earbuds generally aren't bass heavy because of how they are designed.
The bass however is sufficient , fast and accurate in my opinion. However I don't need large bass in IEM to enjoy my music (ety are not exactly bass canons either).

Treble is sparkly and while it may be different to andromeda, I very much enjoy it :)

Honestly for earbuds, I think these are excellent.

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,030 of 1,031
Could someone compare Moonbuds Super Nightingale with Moonbuds Phoenix Premium ? They are in the same price range...

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #1,031 of 1,031
Still waiting for my Super Nightingale, they are somewhere between "arrival in France (airport)" and "delivered"... :)
I hope to give my impressions soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back