High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #47 of 903
When in doubt, select: (E) No Error

Driving down the road, the rock hit the windshield. Of course you should of swerved! There are three things to always do while driving: check your mirrors, look both ways, and the safest driver always gets home in one piece.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #49 of 903
My UM Miracles arrived today and my first impressions are positive, however, I feel to improve their SQ [ when using my GS-Xmk2 ] I'm going to have to find a way to plug them into the GS-X's 4 pin XLR socket.
I'll see if I can get a 3.5mm [ female ] jack to 4 pin XLR [ male ] adapter made.
Their fit is perfect and the build quality looks also to be very good, but I do find the cable is very thin.
I've only listened to them for a short time with my GS-X, but in that time I put them quite a bit behind my SR-009 / BHSE, and my HD-600's sound better again with the GS-X, but that's because those headphones have a 4 pin XLR silver custom cable plugged into them, and I find using the GS-X's 4 pin XLR produces a lot better SQ than it's normal headphone socket.
I think once I'm able to plug the Miracles into the GS-X's 4 pin socket, the SQ should improve quite a lot. 

Sorry the photos aren't that good, but it started getting dark out when I took the top one, and the bottom one was taken in artificial light.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #50 of 903
  My UM Miracles arrived today and my first impressions are positive, however, I feel to improve their SQ [ when using my GS-Xmk2 ] I'm going to have to find a way to plug them into the GS-X's 4 pin XLR socket.
I'll see if I can get a 3.5mm [ female ] jack to 4 pin XLR [ male ] adapter made.
Their fit is perfect and the build quality looks also to be very good, but I do find the cable is very thin.
I've only listened to them for a short time with my GS-X, but in that time I put them quite a bit behind my SR-009 / BHSE, and my HD-600's sound better again with the GS-X, but that's because those headphones have a 4 pin XLR silver custom cable plugged into them, and I find using the GS-X's 4 pin XLR produces a lot better SQ than it's normal headphone socket.
I think once I'm able to plug the Miracles into the GS-X's 4 pin socket, the SQ should improve quite a lot. 

Sorry the photos aren't that good, but it started getting dark out when I took the top one, and the bottom one was taken in artificial light.

Good looking ciem! I hope you enjoy them.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #51 of 903

I don't think this is possible. This would essentially be going from a single-ended termination to a balanced termination. You would have to get a totally new cable terminated 4-Pin XLR, (x2) 3 Pin XLR, or a TRRS jack - then use an adapter. Correct me if I'm wrong someone. 

Nonetheless, a very beautiful IEM indeed. Congrats

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #52 of 903
I don't think this is possible. This would essentially be going from a single-ended termination to a balanced termination. You would have to get a totally new cable terminated 4-Pin XLR, (x2) 3 Pin XLR, or a TRRS jack - then use an adapter. Correct me if I'm wrong someone. 

Nonetheless, a very beautiful IEM indeed. Congrats

I don't know anything about the technical side of audio so you might be right, so I'll get in touch with the place that made my silver custom cable for my HD-600's and see if they can do a similar cable for my miracles.

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #55 of 903
Yup. They should be able to make a custom cable balanced.

The custom cable I have for my HD-600's is very well built so I'll definitely be getting in touch with Alister about a similar cable for my Miracles, however even if he can do a cable for them, it'll be sometime before I'll have the spare money to buy one because I've things that need doing that should've been done sometime ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back