HiFiMan Susvara
May 20, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #25,801 of 26,131
I'll just wait for a steep retail discount if the susvara replacement is an upgrade, if its simply an easier to drive version, I am happy with the susvara the way it is.
Its not the easier to drive sus. This is an entirely new model.

May 20, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #25,802 of 26,131
Its not the easier to drive sus. This is an entirely new model.
Do you advise?
Fang said some time ago he is not able to make Susvara better sounding.
I guess it's a new model with other technology above it and Susvara will be still in production. We get something like SG Sr. little bit under it.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #25,803 of 26,131
Could be the Shangri La Mini that soft debuted in Munich couple of weeks ago.

A banger for the price that was mentioned to the guests. I preferred it to Bravura.

May 20, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #25,804 of 26,131
A banger for the price that was mentioned to the guests. I preferred it to Bravura.
You think so?
It was horribly thin sounding to me

May 20, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #25,807 of 26,131
Fat sounding headphones is nothing you will get ever from Hifiman in TOTL area.
I hope Immanis delivers the punchiness we need for metal!!! :dt880smile:
I dont use to listen to rock or metal music, but when i listen to “all night long” or “back in black” with susvaras, for me its jaw dropping. How far from my head sound the guitars and its texture. And drums are epic. Its true that main vocals are a little overwhelmed by the instruments and sound too compressed (i guess to survive in that enviroment). But for me is a fantastic performance of susvaras.The best i ve heard in any system.

May 20, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #25,808 of 26,131
Well, They could price it at $6500 and copy Audeze in what they did from the LCD-4 to the LCD-5 (going from $4000 to $4500 retail.) Or, do what Abyss has done with the new Diana DZ and go $500USD below the previous flagships price. They would win a ton of community favour by doing so, and that may actually be a prudent decision given that everyone seems to be tightening their purse strings with regards to non essential purchases with the way inflation and cost of living are going.

I have no idea really, I don't even know if the talk of a new flagship coming is true. TBD , I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Here's the thing: pricing a new flagship at $8k wouldn't make any sense at all unless it is markedly BETTER sonically than Susvara. For $8K you can get Susvara AND a comparably totl amp capable of driving it. Very few people complain about Susvara's sound, it's the power requirement that turns people off. So, the only sensible thing to do is release a new revision with higher sensitivity at the same or less cost.

"Less cost?!?!?" you say? Yup, that's what I said. Look at what Hifiman did with Arya. And HE-1000. And pretty much everything else in their line. One thing you gotta give Hifiman is that they upend the typical newer=pricier rule. Unlike most other brands Hifiman isn't afraid to drop prices to keep their gear competitive. Now, do I really think they're going to drop the price of a new flagship below Susvara's MSRP? No, probably not. But I also think this is a solid argument to predict they won't raise it.

May 20, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #25,809 of 26,131
Lots of entertaining speculation from various corners. I think I'll conserve neuron firings and just chillax until the actual announcement...... :dt880smile:

May 20, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #25,810 of 26,131
Could be the Shangri La Mini that soft debuted in Munich couple of weeks ago.

It's not. If you look at the image in the announcement of the June 3rd reveal, it's a planar driver, not estat.

This image:
Well, I guess we will find out soon enough, June 3rd.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 12.51.56 PM.png

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #25,811 of 26,131
I have never had any so called 'sharpness' to the sound from my Susvara before the EF1000 when I used it with my Chord Choral Prima Pre-Amp and Chord Choral Mezzo 140 and whilst waiting for my EF1000 to be delivered the loaned Pathos Inpol EAR Amp.
Made some inquiries from dealer, I was told the EF 1000 is officially discontinued???????

May 20, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #25,812 of 26,131
they now have a version with a DAC

May 20, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #25,814 of 26,131
Lots of entertaining speculation from various corners. I think I'll conserve neuron firings and just chillax until the actual announcement...... :dt880smile:

Exactly lol. But I do get it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back