Hifiman Serenade - Himalaya Pro R2R DAC headamp all-in-one
Dec 15, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #136 of 257
HEKSE owner here as well as DMP-A6. Running the Eversolo internal DAC via RCA direct to my Violectric V340 (RCA input only). Was thinking of getting rid of the Violectric as the sound is on the polite side. I do like the clarity of the HEKSE/Violectric combo, but it sometimes is less emotionally engaging. I guess I am looking to warm up/smooth out the HEKSE a bit. Was thinking of getting a Prelude and a R2R DAC to go with it, but Serenade might be a good one and done. My concern is that I am used to the clean/detailed presentation of the V340 that the Serenade might be more of a step down in resolution than I am comfortable with.

Stetup 1.jpgSetup 2.jpg
I heard prelude is very detailed, have you considered combining it with ef600? ef600 uses same dac chip as serenade i think and is a bit cheaper

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #137 of 257
After two days of warming up, I tried out a Serenade with Arya Stealth. Everything is very good.

The Serenade muffles the treble just a little.
And Arya has an extra brightness.
And it very successfully compensates for each other.

In total, the Serenade is very good. I can strongly recommend it.
This is a very high-level device. Moreover, it is "all in one" and very compact.

P.S.
Yanyin Mahina IEM plays very well with the Serenade.
Much better than with the Fiio K9 Pro.
But through the Ifi IEMatch adapter, without the adapter (If you listen through a balanced 4.4mm jack) you can hear a noticeable hiss.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #139 of 257
Today I have tried to connect balanced Serenade XLR-output to Singxer SA-1 amplifier - no, the result is not worth the effort.
The Serenade itself gives a better sound than through the Singxer SA-1.
More intense and interesting.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #141 of 257
Do you guys find any difference in SQ using different input other than USB?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #143 of 257
WaveTheory and PassionforSound have done reviews of the Serenade, they found the DAC to be good, strange is both their Serenade does not have Bluetooth. Anyway their review confirmed that ethernet sounds best. Which was why i was looking up to Tidal Connect to be working stable. Straight Ethernet streaming to Serenade with minimal pass through of apps or other stages should sound best!! Fingers Crossed. Meanwhile Eversolo A6 works perfect streaming using usb to Serenade as DAC.

Attachments

• IMG_8987.jpg
    IMG_8987.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #144 of 257
WaveTheory and PassionforSound have done reviews of the Serenade, they found the DAC to be good, strange is both their Serenade does not have Bluetooth. Anyway their review confirmed that ethernet sounds best. Which was why i was looking up to Tidal Connect to be working stable. Straight Ethernet streaming to Serenade with minimal pass through of apps or other stages should sound best!! Fingers Crossed. Meanwhile Eversolo A6 works perfect streaming using usb to Serenade as DAC.

Could it be that they reviewed the Serenade Jr? That’s the cheaper version without Bluetooth

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #148 of 257
Cound anyone share experiences with its volume level and background noise, paring especially with low impedance headphone, and if any channel imbalanced? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #149 of 257
Cound anyone share experiences with its volume level and background noise, paring especially with low impedance headphone, and if any channel imbalanced?
There is no imbalance.
But the noise with low-impedance in-ear headphones is really there, a serenade for such headphones is not very suitable.
A resistance-adding adapter, such as Ifi IEMatch, helps partially solve the problem.
But my device with such Ifi adapter does not match the connectors well: if you insert the connector into the connector at full depth, the sound in one of the channels disappears.

Jan 3, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #150 of 257
I audited jr version with T1 ver.1 last week, found it very powerful. With single end output, no way I can listen it with the volume knob passing 9 o'clock and also found channel imbalance at low volume, wondered if the issue for serenade or just the one I audited. I also tested it with Jh Jolene. I didn't pay much attentions for if any background noise, since the environment isn't quite enough to detect it. I impulsed to order Serenade after audition, cos huge discount available. Now I am considering to cancel my order for the marginal amount of useable volume, and background noise, and possible channel imbalance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back