Hifiman sent me HE-6s, I ordered HE-300s.
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 234

Ok so what should I do? Honestly I have no idea.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 234

Quote:
Contact them and send them back and get the HE-300 shipped out?

Ok the initial shock wore off, I'll give it a day and see if they get back to me, if not I'll contact them and see what happens, I could probably keep them but honestly I don't have an amp near enough to power these not to mention I definitely don't deserve them, I really hope they pay for shipping though, I'm broke.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #7 of 234

Quote:
I say keep them. But that's just me. Or sell them and buy your HE-300 and keep the spare coin. Do that. Or keep them and buy a new amp! I have no morals though.

I've given them an email and will report back what needs to be done, I do stand by not having to pay for shipping though unless I can get it for $20 or under in which case I may aswell, they're quite heavy and I can't see them being that cheap to send to Hong Kong.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #10 of 234
Clearly they made a mistake, so its good that you're asking them what you should do. Keeping them and feeling good about it seems a little... Bad.

IMO I would return them.

GL mate

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #12 of 234
I mean even without an amp they're going to sound better than the HE-300s with the best amp the world has to offer... But still, its not right.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 234
Okay:

A "good" man will return them but asks Hifiman to pay for your whole shipping cost (and they should, probably should give you some compensation too for wasting your time going through all that). 

A "bad" man will just keep them because it's entirely the company's fault.

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #14 of 234
I bet you're happier than the poor sap that ordered the HE-6 and got the HE-300...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back