Hifiman RE262 with Sansa Clip+ ?
May 20, 2012 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

VortexBlast

Headphoneus Supremus
A few days ago, a friend of mine and me were having some audio gear discussion. I brought my DT-880 Pro with the Fostex HP-P1 with me and he tried them out. He really enjoyed the sound.
He wants to buy the Hifiman RE262 IEM. Right now, he will buy a Sansa Clip+. He doesn't want headphones because he's a traveling kind of person so portability and small size is a must.
Now after countless hours of research and looking at reviews, he's determined to buy this IEM but recently looking at the spec sheet of the said IEM, he noticed that the impedance is 150 Ohms and the sensitivity of 96dB which means that it needs quite an amount of juice to drive it.

These are the questions that he's asking.
The first question is:
Will the Clip+ drive the RE262 with authority and justice or will it need an external portable amp?
2nd question:
If so, is there a cable that will bypass the internal amp of the Clip+? Much like the Line Out Dock cables for iPods or iPhones.
3rd question:
In terms of SQ, is the RE262 with the Clip+ a good price/performance combination for now? Or is there an even better one?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back