HiFiMAN RE-272 Review
Jul 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #196 of 489
Thanks Maguire but still how much better is the Miracle ?

I noticed that the warranty on RE272 is now 1 year. When I bought it, it was 3 years. Which warranty is applicable to mine now ?

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #197 of 489
I want to believe it is 3 years , since it was one of the main reasons for giving to them my hard-earned money so i expect them to honor their side of the deal.

Quote:

I noticed that the warranty on RE272 is now 1 year. When I bought it, it was 3 years. Which warranty is applicable to mine now ?

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #198 of 489
The RE272's resolving ability and clarity is simply unreal.  The dead silent background, imaging, and separation is astounding.  With a highly transparent amp like the O2, I'll re-emphasize a prior point I made about these phones giving the sense that they're plugged into the very recording mics which capture the sound.  It sounds that real.  In that regard, I find that them nearly on par with orthos. 
basshead.gif

I don't think I've heard an IEM that better captures the nuances of the live, "you are there" feel than the RE272... particularly when in comes to vocals.  While the spatial aspects of soundstage (as it pertains to a live performance) are replicated with jaw dropping ease by the Miracle (arguably the best I've ever heard).. its presentation is a little too colored (namely, too warm, airy, and smooth) to accurately capture the feel of a live venue.  Make no mistake, well recorded live sets are spine-tingling to listen to from a pure enjoyment standpoint with the Miracle.. but it doesn't feel entirely accurate.  But frankly.. that's one aspect I really like about the Miracle, too. It's got a unique presentation that isn't concerned with totals accuracy.

The RE272's soundstage isn't as spacious as the Miracle's (hell, what IEMs soundstage is?), but it's still mighty impressive.  Where it excels is it's use of the space it has to work with.. and it does so with pinpoint precision and separation.  Where it separates itself from some BAs that can deliver similar levels of clarity is that the RE272 has a wonderfully natural decay and (midrange through treble) delicate texturing that I've never heard from a comparable BA.

The RE272's sculpted clarity, timbre, & resolving ability has sometimes been described like it's been painstakingly etched out exquisite marble.  While that's a high compliment, I'd take it a step further and say it's got just the right touch of coloration and nuance that gives it a natural flair.. akin to marveling at the beauty and delicacy of a butterfly's wings more than the precise masonry of a hard stone.

Again, three cheers for the RE272's synergy with the O2.. it's hard going back to anything else.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #200 of 489
Sorry psygeist, cant comment on how it stacks up with Miracle because I have had this ear infection for going on nearly 2 weeks now so I can not make an accurate assesment. As I mentioned before Miracle is custom and as FlySweep noted in his fine wine review......It does have a bigger sound stage. But that is all I am saying for now...

Jul 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #201 of 489
imo , this is an iem that MUST be tried by those who like analytical/neutral signatures....

Jul 5, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #202 of 489
Awwwe Shucks FlySweep, your makin it sound like a wine tasting review.............
tongue.gif

tongue_smile.gif

For me to gush over a $250 universal like this when I've got the HE-500, HD580 & Miracle but a few feet away is definitely saying something.  There is certainly an air of sophistication and refinement to the RE272 that I've heard in very few, if any, IEMs.. nevertheless, no snobbiness (commonly associated with wine tasting.. haha) is required to enjoy the hell out of them!

wink_face.gif

Take the plunge, man!

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #203 of 489
Quote:
Awwwe Shucks FlySweep, your makin it sound like a wine tasting review.............
tongue.gif

tongue_smile.gif

For me to gush over a $250 universal like this when I've got the HE-500, HD580 & Miracle but a few feet away is definitely saying something.  There is certainly an air of sophistication and refinement to the RE272 that I've heard in very few, if any, IEMs.. nevertheless, no snobbiness (commonly associated with wine tasting.. haha) is required to enjoy the hell out of them!

wink_face.gif

Take the plunge, man!

Jul 5, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #204 of 489
Hey I have 3 different models   252  - 262  -  272   Love all of them for different reasons...Great IeM's. Thats why I want Custom Tips for them.
also Ety ER4 which is also a wonderful IEM. Can I get 1 Custom  tip for all 4?Also  What are spacers in relation to using all 4???

Jul 5, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #205 of 489
Hifiman is quite a nice company , me thinks too

Quote:
Hey I have 3 different models   252  - 262  -  272   Love all of them for different reasons...Great IeM's.

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #207 of 489
has anyone in here tried both the re-272 and the ck-10 ?

which one did you like best and why ?

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #210 of 489
Quote:
has anyone in here tried both the re-272 and the ck-10 ?

which one did you like best and why ?

like? well they are both very similar and i cant say i trully really like either with their bright sound.  the 10 isolates better, isnt affected by venting, has a fantastic cable but ultimatly the 272 is more revealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back