Hifiman RE-262: no sound on left side.
Apr 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

yench

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

Recently, the left side of my 262s have been experiencing sound issues. There isn't any sound at all except if I press the head a certain way. I've tried adjusting the cables but that doesn't seem to affect anything, only when I apply pressure to the left head itself.

Does this mean there's a problem with the driver? Or is it possibly a cable problem?

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 8
Two months ago I bought a pair of 262's from HeadDirect, within 2 wks the rt speaker went dead, they sent me another pair, again the rt speaker went dead, they sent me another pair and this has been working for one month.   I just put a SquareTrade 3 yr warrantee on them.   Hope that answers your question.(If within a year you can send them back).

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Hi, 

Recently, the left side of my 262s have been experiencing sound issues. There isn't any sound at all except if I press the head a certain way. I've tried adjusting the cables but that doesn't seem to affect anything, only when I apply pressure to the left head itself.

Does this mean there's a problem with the driver? Or is it possibly a cable problem?

Just to be sure, you know that the RE262 are balanced earphones right? So you would need to use the imbalanced adaptor cable provided in order to listen to them when using them on a regular earphone output. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 8
Hm, if anyone read the original post I would think that the problem wouldnt be him not using the adapter. He said it works when he holds it a certain way. Also it worked before so Im assuming he was using the adapter :).

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #6 of 8
I bought a pair of 262s from the sales forum, over a year ago, and have sold them off since, but after only a couple of days of my getting them, the well known issue with my UNbalanced 262s (the older version of them) which I assume that with the newer BAlanced version, the isssue was addressed and fixed? so if Yench's and Soundbear's issue with the 262s are with the older UNbalanced version, well then that makes sense!

but Head-Direct was awesome with my experience, I called them, and the awesome nice lady that answered the phone, was awesome! she listened to what I had to say, and she told me that Head-Direct would treat the sale from the sales forum, as if I bought it from them and they would warrenty the 262s? wha! how, awesome is that, I e-mailed them all of my correspondances, and the sales thread that I got them from, and they sent me out a brand new UNbalanced set! which I then sold off because I had the most awesome EX600s at that point and couldn't go back to the 262s, because they were sounding thin and anemic?

hope this helps?

Happy Listening everyone! I am, buwahahaha! lol,

beerchug.gif
L3000.gif
o2smile.gif
atsmile.gif
!!                       

Users who are viewing this thread

Back