HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410
Nov 11, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #121 of 181
  Just read your M6 pro review and you're definitely less enthusiastic, I mean waaaaaay less, than what you are for RE00. :)
I had a sennheiser IE8, if I remember correctly, and I found it bass-heavy, while I simply loved a pair of PL-50 that I lost (damn it!), so maybe the 00 are a good bet for me, agree?

ahhhh.  yep you said the magic words, if you found the PL-50 great then id wager you will be perfectly happy with the 00 bass levels in which case then the 00 is much the better sounding.  bare in mind though, youll need a case and youll need to baby them as they are not the most rubustly constructed things compared with the M6pro.

but.... the 00 sound unimaginably good for the money.

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #122 of 181
Definitely more extended sounding on top and more bakanced mids than PL-50. The bump that the Pl-50 had around 2.5k was ever present for me even though I liked them a lot. I do think the PL-50 was a hair less hashy but ever so slightly and it may just be poor memory.

I don't feel faults of omission equated to neutral. Uncolored? Open? Clear? Sure but not neutral. Neutral is having the same amount of apparent bass as other frequencies or better stated, all frequencies sound to be at the same amplitude. No one would argue that these have a lean balance so definitely not neutral. No less bass than most of their competition have too much but I don't find them neutral as stock or with even with my tweak which does sound a touch more colored in the mids. I think that either way, they represent great value if the sig appeals but they don't compare to TOTL type products, at least to those that are good. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #123 of 181
First post for years. These are a revelation to me! Cost me an extra £13 in delivery/customs, but still worth it.

Probably helps that I have been using KZ zs3 a lot recently, but it is like a veil has been lifted from the music. Playing from a Ulefone Vienna, which is surprisingly capable.

Gives me a nice reference for when my Trinity PM4 arrives.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #124 of 181
Mine arrived Friday and I quite like the sound signature - that's part of the reason I ordered blindly. One of the tips arrived damaged however, so will need to find a suitable replacement. From previous posts it sounds like Comply T-400's should fit - anything else out there?

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #126 of 181
  Mine arrived Friday and I quite like the sound signature - that's part of the reason I ordered blindly. One of the tips arrived damaged however, so will need to find a suitable replacement. From previous posts it sounds like Comply T-400's should fit - anything else out there?

well lots will fit but unless you want to avoid complys, they not the cheapest tips ever, then id say stick to them.  though anything taht fits the same comply 400 size should work fine.  

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #127 of 181
Really wish Shure made their foam tips in non-Shure sizes 
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #131 of 181
I got my RE-00 today and for the time being I can only say one word: AMAZING!
Yes, they seem to perform way ahead from my beloved RE-400 and damn I love my RE-400!

I'm using them with a pair of medium spinfits, driven by my DX-90 (medium gain).

The detail retrieval is out of this world while all the spectrum is amazingly balanced and engaging. Don't have an issue with bass quantity. It seems to be on par with that of RE400.

I'm speechless for now. More impressions to follow. I've only listened to them for a couple of hours after a brief 5-hour burn-in. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #132 of 181
A pair of Comply Tsx-400s did the trick for me. Took the treble peaks away without any loss of extension and brought out the mids, making them sound much closer to the RE-ZERO.

Requested the drop for a second pair because #Hifimanbuildquality 

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #133 of 181
  I got my RE-00 today and for the time being I can only say one word: AMAZING!
Yes, they seem to perform way ahead from my beloved RE-400 and damn I love my RE-400!

I'm using them with a pair of medium spinfits, driven by my DX-90 (medium gain).

The detail retrieval is out of this world while all the spectrum is amazingly balanced and engaging. Don't have an issue with bass quantity. It seems to be on par with that of RE400.

I'm speechless for now. More impressions to follow. I've only listened to them for a couple of hours after a brief 5-hour burn-in. 

Have had these for a little more than a week- I really like them!! Jazz and acoustic music is excellent with these IEMs. Been tip rolling and I did not care for the Comply T-400 medium tips- they lose their sparkle and bass seemed more flabby. I may need the large tips to get a better seal. At the time I got the Comply tips, I also purchased the Spinfit tips- Ahhhh!! Now you're talking!! Better fit than the original tips (which I liked) with slightly better clarity and comparable bass. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #135 of 181
Yes, I didn't bother with Comply tips as well despite I'm having 2-3 spare pairs lying around. In most cases the Complys change the character of an IEM.
I think that the Spinfits make for an excellent fit with the RE-00. They sit not very deep in the ear with these tips while the sealing and comfort is top notch. I agree that jazz music as well mid-paced melodic fm rock sound amazing through these. Rock fusion bands like Koinonia or Toto shine.

A powerful source is also very important. I'm satisfied with my Dragonfly driving my RE-00 but the combo DX-90-RE-00 takes it to another level!

I'd suggest anyone not particularly impressed with the RE-00 to try a wide range of tips (preferably use the Spinfits) and pair it with a capable source. These iems scale extremely well with power and rated at 64 ohms that's not a surprise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back