HIFIMAN in Munich High End Show
May 11, 2011 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN

Dear Head-Fiers,

I am going to be at the Munich High End Show in Germany from May 19th to the 22nd and will be presenting the new HE-500 headphone and a prototype of the EF6 amplifier. If you would like to try these out and meet me in person please come the booth of our distributor Sieveking Sound in Hall 3 section B6-B12.

Fang

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 11, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #2 of 21
Any more info on the EF6 you would like to share. 
wink_face.gif

May 12, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 21
Everybody is welcome!
We are bringing Bremen made chocolate so that alone should be a reason to come. And then we are akin to the largest records booth which you won't want to miss.

See you in Munich!

Jan Sieveking

May 19, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 21
Patience, it's only 7am on the 19th yet here in Europe so the event hasen't even started yet

May 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #10 of 21
Hi Everybody,
I have got a few nice pictures to share.
This is Fang with a prototype of the upcoming EF6. As you see it is a real beast and will weigh about 15 KG or 31 lbs for the people stateside.

Headphones attract all kind of people. Like radio station moderators who work for a full time classical music channel. Well, at least I hope it was the headphones attracting this gentleman. Hm - what else might it have been?

The booth was in the middle of Hall 3 and an extremely busy place as it was adjacent to the Sieveking Sound Record Booth which just turns out to be most busy place at the entire show.

We had all the HiFiMAN Headphones in attendance and were driving them with electronics from Aura Design Japan. In the forefront you can see the new HE-500 and if you look carefully you will also see a new veneer for the Omega Stand in the front. This veneer is named Makassar and comes from the family of Ebony woods. It has got beautiful black and brown stripes and will be available as a Special Edition later this year.

Sunday Morning is slow to begin even at a busy show like Munich and in this case you will see Fang, George Cardas and Kazuo Kiuchi of Combak in Japan chatting away.

And when it finally is time to know down you got a few more minutes to have a talk about the subject of ... metallurgy!
In this case it is Fang and George Cardas trading stories.

So much from Munich. While many people liked the HE-500 we also had a big number of Germans who preferred the clearer and more "Sennheiser-like" presentation of the HE-5 LE in direct comparison.

And now I exepct everybody reading this to come to our booth next year. There were only about 14.000 visitors this year and thus attendance was down!

Jan Sieveking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back