Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #1,486 of 3,507
Quote:
So I asked acoustic an engineer and he thinks the RE600 and RE400 share the same diaphragm but different coil configuration, based on the graphs.

You asked acoustic, an engineer?  There's some guy named acoustic that's an engineer?  INKS, HiFiMan already told us that the diaphragm and coil different.  They answered that question, they DESIGNED the RE-600 AND RE-400.  What don't you understand about that? See, Peter asked Dr. Fang who has a doctorate in this stuff... 

Jul 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,489 of 3,507
Well, the last series of events involving this thread was quite interesting at least.

Anyway to keep the thread on the track, I'm really looking forward to see how the RE-600 turns out. I actually had a RE-400 weeks ago, but I gave it to my mom just for a good measure and now I somewhat miss it. I'll see about the RE-600 and choose then.

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #1,490 of 3,507
You asked acoustic, an engineer?  There's some guy named acoustic that's an engineer?  INKS, HiFiMan already told us that the diaphragm and coil different.  They answered that question, they DESIGNED the RE-600 AND RE-400.  What don't you understand about that? See, Peter asked Dr. Fang who has a doctorate in this stuff... 

I won't reveal his name or which company he works for, but that was his answer when I asked him. Feel free to ignore if you'd like.

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,492 of 3,507
They claimed it was a completely different thing, which I doubted, so I asked. If he would've agreed, I would've posted and admitted I was wrong. This isn't anything new though, the EX600 and 7550s from Sony have the exact differences, it is what it is.

Now lets see how these turn out...

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #1,493 of 3,507
But why do his speculations even matter when we've had a clear statement from the company?

Enron?

No, I'm not saying anything bad about HiFiMAN, at all, in the least, with no comparison or relation to Enron. There's just a reason why many things in the business world depend on independent 3rd party confirmation. And not that it is needed here anyway. Just commenting on your statement.

Once again this is just a general.

Jul 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #1,494 of 3,507
Quote:
They claimed it was a completely different thing, which I doubted, so I asked. If he would've agreed, I would've posted and admitted I was wrong. This isn't anything new though, the EX600 and 7550s from Sony have the exact differences, it is what it is.

Now lets see how these turn out...

tumblr_mbkj2fBGee1risusro1_500.gif

(kidding)

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,496 of 3,507
Clinging to hope that this thread can still be salvaged... 
smile.gif

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #1,497 of 3,507
Quote:
Enron?

No, I'm not saying anything bad about HiFiMAN, at all, in the least, with no comparison or relation to Enron. There's just a reason why many things in the business world depend on independent 3rd party confirmation. And not that it is needed here anyway. Just commenting on your statement.

Oh come on, this is a different order of things. Of course corporate talk should be viewed with scepticism, but we're talking about simple technical facts here, not cooked books and multi-million dollar scandals.

Jul 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #1,498 of 3,507
Clinging to hope that this thread can still be salvaged... :smile:

Two posts too soon. :wink:

Oh come on, this is a different order of things. Of course corporate talk should be viewed with scepticism, but we're talking about simple technical facts here, not cooked books and multi-million dollar scandals.

Hi,
I'm V, I make exaggerated examples.

Tbh, i don't entirely care about the driver thing personally, but why should we limit what corporate statements can be scrutinized should people be so inclined?

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #1,499 of 3,507
This is the interview where Dr. Bian explains why he discontinued the previous Hifiman IEMs, and declared the RE-400 superior to them all.

I haven't heard the RE-2x2's, but the RE-400 is so good I'm not sure I care that much. It's hard to imagine that a $99 product is meant to dethrone the $200 RE-272, but by Dr. Bian's own words, they've managed it. The ultimate best bang for the buck product at head-fi. Period.

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #1,500 of 3,507
No period. Debatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back