Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Jun 15, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,067 of 3,507
Quote:
These things have been in my ears for the last 6 hours. They're not nearly as comfortable as my ER4 which I literally listen to 24/7. These hurt, but they sound sooo good I don't wanna take them out... so I've been enduring the discomfort for the last couple hours. lol

Well, it seems rational to think that anything stuck in your ear for 6 hours is going to start irritating you, haha. I can sit on a La-Z-Boy Recliner for 6 hours and my a** will start to hurt. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #1,068 of 3,507
Quote:

Well, it seems rational to think that anything stuck in your ear for 6 hours is going to start irritating you, haha. I can sit on a La-Z-Boy Recliner for 6 hours and my a** will start to hurt. 

Now THAT was funny. 
etysmile.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #1,069 of 3,507
Jessica Alba could sit on my... six hours.... oh, forget it. It would hurt - but it would probably be OK.

Jun 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,072 of 3,507
You should do some serious tip rolling then. You should be able to find some that are very comfy with these. I use the small tips from my ele s6. Try Sony hybrids, I know they are popular with these. I also have small/medium canals, though not too narrow.

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,075 of 3,507
Using the large stock biflange right now. The comfort is amazing! Probably just as good as my ER4S with modded triple-to-double-flange. Oh yeeaaa! :D
Quote:
5 months later and these little guys continue to impress. Just got done listening to Zeppelin's Celebration Day Live. Jason Bonham's drums and the soundstage...oh my!
ksc75smile.gif

It's soundstage is... criminal. I have no idea an IEM could have such an out-of-the-head soundstage... yet at the same time be so intimate sounding! Ridiculous. It makes the ER4S's soundstage extremely small and narrow in comparison.

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,076 of 3,507
Haha what were you using before?

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #1,077 of 3,507
Quote:
Using the large stock biflange right now. The comfort is amazing! Probably just as good as my ER4S with modded triple-to-double-flange. Oh yeeaaa! :D
It's soundstage is... criminal. I have no idea an IEM could have such an out-of-the-head soundstage... yet at the same time be so intimate sounding! Ridiculous. It makes the ER4S's soundstage extremely small and narrow in comparison.

That's because the ER4 has one of the smallest soundstages of any IEM that I've heard (in the 100+ price range)

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,078 of 3,507
So I've been really enjoying my 400's but when listening to them today, I played some stuff that had some very low synth bass, and the bass in the very low registers started breaking up a tad displaying harmonics that shouldn't be there..   Bass guitars were fine, but this very low synth bass posed some problems.   I'm running the 400's straight out of an ipod shuffle, so my question is this.   Is it the driver that is causing the problems, or is the amp in the shuffle clipping?   I don't own any portable amps to check this out....................yet.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,079 of 3,507
Quote:
So I've been really enjoying my 400's but when listening to them today, I played some stuff that had some very low synth bass, and the bass in the very low registers started breaking up a tad displaying harmonics that shouldn't be there..   Bass guitars were fine, but this very low synth bass posed some problems.   I'm running the 400's straight out of an ipod shuffle, so my question is this.   Is it the driver that is causing the problems, or is the amp in the shuffle clipping?   I don't own any portable amps to check this out....................yet.

If you link me to the songs, I can check tomorrow. I don't own them yet, but I have access to a demo model of the RE-400s at my job. (which is why I can comment on them, because at this point I've clocked well over 6 hours listening to them). But I can plug them into my Arrow 4G. I'll probably do it with my lackluster Galaxy Nexus, but it should be enough to test for clipping. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,080 of 3,507
Quote:

If you link me to the songs, I can check tomorrow. I don't own them yet, but I have access to a demo model of the RE-400s at my job. (which is why I can comment on them, because at this point I've clocked well over 6 hours listening to them). But I can plug them into my Arrow 4G. I'll probably do it with my lackluster Galaxy Nexus, but it should be enough to test for clipping. 

Majority of androids including GN is more than decent with Neutron player. In fact, my Voodoo'ed androids are better than cheap desktop setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back