HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Jul 25, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #2,836 of 3,445
works when it is not full up, will report when I put 200 on it, but people have tried in the past I think and it worked.

Thanks Mic. Would also look forward to your report on if it would slow down the operation/UI when it gets to 200gb or more. For now I'm just using two Kingston 128gb cards.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,838 of 3,445
  Have a bit of a problem with my new 901, sometimes during playback, I get random stutters/skips on a song, seems to happen soon after I turn it on, then it wont do it again until it's been turned on and back off again.

does anyone else have a similiar issue with their 901?

Using firmware 1.085v3

anyone?

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #2,840 of 3,445
Jul 26, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #2,842 of 3,445
That's really a steep price... 

Lunatic, give it a few months: that seems to be the trend with cutting edge stuff. There will be easing of price by then. :)

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #2,843 of 3,445
Have a bit of a problem with my new 901, sometimes during playback, I get random stutters/skips on a song, seems to happen soon after I turn it on, then it wont do it again until it's been turned on and back off again.

does anyone else have a similiar issue with their 901?

Using firmware 1.085v3

Nope I had not have sth like this ever. From f/w way before until 1.085v3. Can you always reproduce it or it's pretty random? If it's not always the same track/album, any commonality to the tracks giving you stutter? (E.g. very large cover.jpg I'm folder, or many non audio files in folder, etc) I would always remove all non audio file except a smallish album art jpeg in every folder. Oh and I almost exclusively browse via folder and not tags (fwiw the tags are working fine).

Jul 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #2,847 of 3,445
Hey man, happened to my first version 901 and latest version as well. I've come to live with it. Better than initially when it used to cut a substantial amount of the beginnings of song.

Ugh, Well, I guess I will do an RMA and hope the replacement won't have it. I find it really annoying.

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #2,848 of 3,445
works when it is not full up, will report when I put 200 on it, but people have tried in the past I think and it worked.

Col. Thanks!

However I do wonder how long it's gonna take to refresh and load database with 256gigs of songs man. Though with that much space you'll have to do it less often for the former. 

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #2,849 of 3,445
Hi guys, I just purchased the HM-901 (balanced card). I'm loving its sound but i'm wondering if my unit has some sort of defect with the scroll wheel. When I scroll, the UI doesn't seem to register the scrolling appropriately. Example, I scroll the wheel 3 times but the UI only responds once or twice instead of 3? Its as though the device misses out on scroll clicks if that makes sense. Is this normal or should I send it back for a replacement? Otherwise, completely happy with it! I've posted this up on another 'HM-901' thread but noticed this one was a lot more active, sorry for the double post! Thanks

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #2,850 of 3,445
  Hi guys, I just purchased the HM-901 (balanced card). I'm loving its sound but i'm wondering if my unit has some sort of defect with the scroll wheel. When I scroll, the UI doesn't seem to register the scrolling appropriately. Example, I scroll the wheel 3 times but the UI only responds once or twice instead of 3? Its as though the device misses out on scroll clicks if that makes sense. Is this normal or should I send it back for a replacement? Otherwise, completely happy with it! I've posted this up on another 'HM-901' thread but noticed this one was a lot more active, sorry for the double post! Thanks

It is not normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back