Hifiman HM-601 SD Card Advice
Mar 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kryten123

500+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

Well after weeks of dithering, I've finally taken the plunge and ordered the HM-601. I am hoping to hear big differences to my current Cowon S9 and will try and put together a review in due course. I need to order some SD cards before my HM-601 arrives, but am not 100% sure what cards I should order as I cant determine what SD cards the HM-601 supports. Having read some threads on here, I know that people have experienced problems with SD cards.

I have noticed that SD, SDHC and Micro-SD cards seem to be used interchangeably here - can anyone tell me definitvely which SD card types does the HM-601 support?
Are there any specific SD cards that appear to be incompatible with the HM-601.

Any advice appreciated, as I want to place an SD order before my HM-601 arrives later this week.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 3
I just received my 601 and it, without a shadow of a doubt, blows my previous player out of the water. SD and SDHC are probably used interchangeably, but MicroSD is not synonymous. A MicroSD card would certainly not fit into a 601 unless you had a MicroSD adapter. SD stands for Secure Digital and HC stands for High Capacity. SD memory cards can only reach 4GB maximum while SDHC can reach 32GB, either would work on the HM-601. SDHC cards also, typically, take less time to transfer files onto. As far as brand names, it's really an arbitrary decision as long as it's not a knockoff card. Be weary of those.

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks Nod2mybeats, I assumed that it was SDHC cards that were supported, but wanted to make 100% sure. I've ordered a couple of 32GB well known brands, so they should do for a while.Looking forward to getting my 601 soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back