HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs form!)
Feb 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #136 of 673
I was referring directly to al. Thanks for reigning things in
biggrin.gif

You're welcome :D
Ngh, just a few more days [weeeks :/] and I'll be back in da club!

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #137 of 673
Some mentioned driving the he-4 and he-6 with ember.. How does lyr fare against the ember with said headphones?

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #138 of 673
@phillyd 

I submitted a revised entry using the Google Docs form.  Felt like I was back in the 5th grade 
wink.gif
  Just added some details.

Please delete my old entry.  Don't see the list of Owners, but I guess that's a work in progress, eh?

Also, FWIW, I can't use your instructions to "tag" you, since this is what my editor bar looks like:

No "@" symbol.  BUT I was able to tag you by simply typing "@" and then your username, so for anyone else in my situation, it'll still work.

Thanks.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #140 of 673
I don't quite understand how to submit an entry in the first place..

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #142 of 673
@phillyd

I submitted a revised entry using the Google Docs form.  Felt like I was back in the 5th grade :wink:   Just added some details.

Please delete my old entry.  Don't see the list of Owners, but I guess that's a work in progress, eh?

Also, FWIW, I can't use your instructions to "tag" you, since this is what my editor bar looks like:

No "@" symbol.  BUT I was able to tag you by simply typing "@" and then your username, so for anyone else in my situation, it'll still work.

Thanks.

I'll fix the tagging thing in the OP. If you use the code editor and not the fancy one, you use the @ button.

The owner's list is a spreadsheet at the bottom of the OP

I don't quite understand how to submit an entry in the first place..

You click the link in the OP.

Also what is the point of this exactly? Dont we have enough "coverage" of HiFiMan products in the many large threads?! This is just literally a list of people who want their names on it? Im a bit confused here too.

It's a place for all HiFiMan owners to gather. The members list is just a reference of who owns what. If you want to get HE-500 and want to power it with an Emotiva MiniX, you could look at the list and ask the owner how it sounds. It also ensure that those who say they own the headphones actually do. For some reason, people like to lie about what they own.

If you don't like it, go back to the thread for the headphones you have. You'll be happier there :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #143 of 673
On my iPad owners list is just blank space...

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #144 of 673
Phillyd can u pls add the following thread in the 'related threads for he5 group'? Thanks!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679643/referencesounds-lffs-modded-he-5-code-x-appreciation-thread

Another thing: i have the pics of my amp and headphones separated..on different albums here on headfi..so i need two links..how do i include both? As u only include 1 link to be uploaded..thanks!
And just as detoxguy already mentioned..the google list when using my ipad 3 is empty also... :confused:

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #145 of 673
Guess whatever browser you use doesn't support google docs. You should just post all your pics and link to that. I'm trying to keep clutter reduced in the list.

Feb 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #146 of 673
It's a place for all HiFiMan owners to gather. The members list is just a reference of who owns what. If you want to get HE-500 and want to power it with an Emotiva MiniX, you could look at the list and ask the owner how it sounds. It also ensure that those who say they own the headphones actually do. For some reason, people like to lie about what they own.

If you don't like it, go back to the thread for the headphones you have. You'll be happier there
wink.gif

Not that I dont like it, I just thought it seemed a bit redundant. I actually own both the HE-400 and HE-500, but I have never felt the need to take pictures of them to show them off. Ive never felt the need to prove to anyone that I owned what I say I own. I hadnt looked for it before but I guess I thought there already was a thread where all HiFiMan lovers united. Now I know there wasnt and that answers my question.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #147 of 673
Guess whatever browser you use doesn't support google docs. You should just post all your pics and link to that. I'm trying to keep clutter reduced in the list.

My ipad uses safari..but hey..i hate my ipad anyway..hehehe

I will do what u suggested..post all pics in one post and then link to it..just got new juicy in process pics of my amp thats being built :wink:

By the way..u miss one headphone in ur list i just found out...the godfather of our wonderful headphones: the Jade ( back then hifiman was called HE Audio), it was mr. Fangs first and some still say his best sounding (if it didnt breakdown) headphone he ever made or even that its one of the best sounding phones ever created by anyone....period..
Maybe u can include it? There are still owners who have one... :p

And a little tip: maybe u can include the minimal watts necessary to drive the different phones into the info block? It could help newbies.
Thanks!

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #148 of 673
You could try dolphin or chrome for ipad.

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #149 of 673
I was googling around and came across these pics of a jade that was recently sold ....lookie lookie at the pics...and look at the box..the locks! Does the box look familiar guys? And look at the headband! Remember this phone was made in the beginnings of 2000 if i am not mistaken..and lookie lookie at the headband of the new kids on the block, which are knocking around the corner to be introduced...look familiar? :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #150 of 673
You guys have some amazing setups. Here's mine coming from the humble side (and loving it so far):

Quote:
I have the thin silver coated copper cable for my HE-300's. If anyone has the thicker black cable or another cable they'd be willing to trade, I'd be interested.

Anyone tried the felt removal mod for the HE-300? It's intention is to balance the sound, but it seemed to just eliminate the bass for me. I immediately put the felt pad back over the driver.

I tried it, and plugged it into receivers, different amps, and straight into my laptop. I liked how it improved clarity a bit, but sibilance was too much for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back