Hifiman HE560 AMP
Apr 28, 2016 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Arisbor

New Head-Fier
Hey forum , so im about to buy the HE560  but i come from a Sennheiser 598hd + Magni/Modi combo from Schiit for my amp and Dac.

So the question here what would be a good setup for the HE560, i want a good Amp and DAC but i dont want the most expensive setup, ty.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3 of 5
Your budget will determine your options. The 560's perform with better gear. 100.00 Dac wont cut it with these headphones. You wouldn't put wal-mart tires on your Mercedes huh? I'd say about 600.00 for a bifrost multi-bit, then at least another 500+ for your amp. These phones are exceptional when driven properly.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 5
I run a Bryston BHA-1 amp (balanced) and an Oppo BDP-95 with my HE560's

Great sounding setup.  I definitely recommend it.

Mike

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Ever tried to use your Shiits?

If not getting loud enough or not satisfying for another reason, try(!) an Audio-GD NFB-29H or if you want/need it also balanced, NFB-28 (the current versions). They provide enough power. You could also have a look at the less expensive, pure headphone amplifiers - if no new DAC is needed.

Regards

[EDIT]
Matrix Audio M-Stage HPA-3U or HPA-3B (pure amplifier, balanced) could be good enough, since they provide up to +20 dB gain at relatively high power outputs. Note: I have no experience with Matrix Audio products; but you certainly will not have to spend thousands of dollars to power the HE-560 adequately. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back