Hifiman HE500 vs LFF Paradox's, best price to preformance?
Feb 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #166 of 169
Quote:
My Paradoxes arrived today. I'm swapping between my HE-500's, my JH-13's, and the Paradoxes. So far, I hear more similarities than differences between the three. This means the Paradox is a fantastic value. The Paradox is sounding more airy and full than the HE-500s. The sound would make me think the Paradoxes were the open can, and not the other way around. I might decide I like them more, but I want to give it many hours before commenting.

paradox and the he500 are about the same price range though...

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #167 of 169
I had HE-500's for a year or two. Eventually sold them. They never did it for me. I don't know why. Just sounded artificial on some strange level. This was consistent with all the music I used them with.

Paradox, on the other hand, sound incredibly balanced to my ears, stay on my head better and sound natural. So I vote for the Paradox, in my experience, to my ears, using my equipment, it's superior.

Aug 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #168 of 169
I've had both the Paradox and the HE-500 for about eighteen months now. I feel I know both these headphones extremely well, and I give the edge to the Paradox. Their bass extension almost equals the HE-500, but it feels more controlled. Their treble is so crystalline, these sound like open headphones. The 500s sound laid-back and smooth to me, and the Paradox is more forward and revealing. Once you have that sound signature, it's hard to do without it. Neither has a hint of shrillness. I love 'em both, it felt like a real splurge to get both, but I am glad I did - the 500's are in my home office, and the Paradoxes are at work, since they are closed-back, and because they are more comfortable for all-day wearing. My listening (and this comparison) is using a Resonessence Concero and a Bifrost/Lyr. Flac through Audirvana.  

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #169 of 169
I vote for the Paradox Slants. http://www.head-fi.org/t/732782/paradox-slants-as-endgame-hp-over-everything-else << This is why. They build upon the original Paradox offering better and more soundstage, (imaging?), and bass while being more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back