Hifiman HE1000-SE
Mar 6, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #556 of 5,332
after few days i will compare my he1000 v2 ( which I re-bought ) to my friend's he1000se, i will use my hugo2 and ifi ican pro.

the 1000se if it will sound better than the he1000 v2, i will trade it and get the 1000se. But i highly doubt it would be better

i never had an issue with the he1000v2 treble at all. the only way i can see that 1000se to beat the he1000v2 if it has more body and more bass, other than that i do not want any less treble than what he1000 v2 offer

and from all amps I tried with he1000 v2 the ifi ican pro rules period, making the he1000 v2 full bodied rich and great bass and highs

To this date he1000 v2 is the best headphone I ever heard or owned and I owned quite a few totl, I will be very surprised if 1000se will sound better than v2, the v2 is the only headphone I sold and then re-bought

an example when hifiman came out with ananda I did not find it sounding better than my HE edition x at all, so not every new release means it will be better sounding than a older release

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #557 of 5,332
after few days i will compare my he1000 v2 ( which I re-bought ) to my friend's he1000se, i will use my hugo2 and ifi ican pro.

the 1000se if it will sound better than the he1000 v2, i will trade it and get the 1000se. But i highly doubt it would be better

i never had an issue with the he1000v2 treble at all. the only way i can see that 1000se to beat the he1000v2 if it has more body and more bass, other than that i do not want any less treble than what he1000 v2 offer

and from all amps I tried with he1000 v2 the ifi ican pro rules period, making the he1000 v2 full bodied rich and great bass and highs

To this date he1000 v2 is the best headphone I ever heard or owned, I will be very surprised if 1000se will sound better than v2, the v2 is the only headphone I sold and then rebought

HE1000se has stealth magnets like Susvara, if that means anything. The driver also has been upgraded.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #558 of 5,332
HE1000se has stealth magnets like Susvara, if that means anything. The driver also has been upgraded.

lets see what will happen after few days

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #559 of 5,332
I too agree that I've never had a problem with the HEKv2 treble. It's actually one of the most pleasant that I've listened to. I feel like the HEKv2 is a perfected HD650.

Mar 6, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #560 of 5,332
Congratulation on the HE1000se @mungster, the more I listen to it the SE the more I like it!

Yes to get the most out of the SE a quality aftermarket cables is a must. I just got my new Forza Noir Hybrid HPC for my HE1000se. It’s a hybrid cable that has 8 strands of 26AWG 7N UPOCC copper/silver hybrid wire. I ordered it with upgraded connectors.

Pure silver cables is also very good, but cost more for a cable with the same AWG, and I believe the AWG (thickness of the wires) is very important as is the metal’s purity. I don’t like silver plated or cables made with thin silver wires and prefer 7N copper cables to them.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=72
Thank you for this link, I also ordered a pair for my new HEKV2. I think the original cables are good too, but with the rubber tube around they feel really awful. Hifiman also uses rather cheap XLR connectors.

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #561 of 5,332
Finally received mine today. Unlike Sundara and Ananda, it is felt luxurious. Quite comfortable as well, much more so than the Utopia. Time to listen.

IMG_0293.jpg

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #563 of 5,332
We will be waiting for early first impressions!

I wish I could. But the right channel was dead on arrival.
I found that it was quite difficult to make an assessment when sounds were coming only from the left channel.
Ouch. Disappointed... It was shipped directly from Hifiman by the way..

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #564 of 5,332
I wish I could. But the right channel was dead on arrival.
I found that it was quite difficult to make an assessment when sounds were coming only from the left channel.
Ouch. Disappointed... It was shipped directly from Hifiman by the way..

That’s terrible! My first HEK V2 arrived with a dead driver as well. I sent it back and they sent me a new one that was perfect. But it still sucks when you’re excited and your new toy shows up broken. Sorry for you man.

And just so Hifiman doesn’t get hate piled on for this, they’re not the only company that has things like that happen. My first Empyrean arrived with a dead driver. That’s why my review was delayed by a week. And I once ordered an LCD 3 Fazor and Audeze sent me the wrong model. An LCD 2 showed up.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #565 of 5,332
That’s terrible! My first HEK V2 arrived with a dead driver as well. I sent it back and they sent me a new one that was perfect. But it still sucks when you’re excited and your new toy shows up broken. Sorry for you man.

Yeah.. I am contacting my dealer. He said he will ship the replacement ASAP. But waiting again is excruciating..

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #566 of 5,332
Really! Dead on arrival. Can't believe it! You figure the quality control would have caught this before final inspection. Or, maybe it was damaged from all the postal carrier throwing the packages around in transit. I got my hekse a few days ago and the wires was all over the place inside the box. Luckily, the hekse was fine.

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #567 of 5,332
Hifiman is at endgame. As I spoke with Dr. Bian, he's basically out of ideas. Don't expect anything for at least the next few years regarding wired tech such as the se and the upper echelon.

You know, I keep thinking with every new generation of headphones, yet he keeps surprising us all. Honestly, he needs a nice long vacation to enjoy himself and find inspiration for his next innovation. Oh, and give our wallets time to recover.

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #568 of 5,332
lets see what will happen after few days
Looking forward to reading your impressions of the SE. I too enjoy the sound signature of my HE1KV2 very much, and wouldn't want any less treble, at all.

And just so Hifiman doesn’t get hate piled on for this, they’re not the only company that has things like that happen.
+1

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #569 of 5,332

And just so Hifiman doesn’t get hate piled on for this, they’re not the only company that has things like that happen. My first Empyrean arrived with a dead driver. That’s why my review was delayed by a week. And I once ordered an LCD 3 Fazor and Audeze sent me the wrong model. An LCD 2 showed up.

It seems that more advanced technology is harder to be kept in control, as we see numerous driver issues with the Utopia.
By the way, did you ever write a review on the Empyrean? I thought I never saw your review on them.

Mar 6, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #570 of 5,332
It seems that more advanced technology is harder to be kept in control, as we see numerous driver issues with the Utopia.
By the way, did you ever write a review on the Empyrean? I thought I never saw your review on them.

I ended up never writing it. They just weren’t for me. But I didn’t want to be negative towards Meze because I’m glad that there’s a new company that is not just copying others but trying to be original with their innovations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back