Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #14,596 of 14,653
What is your complementary headphones to the HE1000?
I've been wanting a set of HD800's for a long time, but the more I think about it, the less I think it's a good idea, as they sound like they are very similar to the HE1000.

So what is your favorite headphone in your collection, that you think goes well with the HE1000?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #14,597 of 14,653
What is your complementary headphones to the HD1000?
I've been wanting a set of HD800's for a long time, but the more I think about it, the less I think it's a good idea, as they sound like they are very similar to the HD1000.

So what is your favorite headphone in your collection, that you think goes well with the HD1000?
To my ears, the HE1000 V2 Stealth is very comparable in detail, resolution, soundstage width, and air. The HEK is warmer throughout the mids, with far superior bass, due to it's impressive planar extension. The HEK has smoother treble to the HD800, but plenty of it. The HD800 does have the wider soundstage, but not by a ton. The HEK is close, while also having better height and depth. The HD800 sounds colder and thinner, with more fatiguing treble.

I sold my HD800 after just a few months, but the HEK Stealth gives be everything I liked about the Senn, while fixing everything I didn't like about it. It's worth trying out via Amazon, with their strong return policy. :)

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #14,598 of 14,653
What is your complementary headphones to the HD1000?
I've been wanting a set of HD800's for a long time, but the more I think about it, the less I think it's a good idea, as they sound like they are very similar to the HD1000.

So what is your favorite headphone in your collection, that you think goes well with the HD1000?
I would choose either the Focal Utopia or ZMF Atrium (prefer this one), HEK series when I want to be bombarded with details and technicalities, Atrium for just chliing out,

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #14,599 of 14,653
I haven't even put on my LCD-3F since I got the HE1000, so I still need to take some time to do a thorough comparison between those two. I can say, they are far more similar than I expected. My current bias says the HE1000 beats them in just about every category. But, like I said, I still need to really sit down and A/B them.

My Atrium LTD are still a few weeks out, so that is another I look forward to comparing.

If you're looking for a completely different headphone, but one which is equally enjoyable, my ZMF Atticus is a ruckus good time, and never fails to put a huge smile on my face.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #14,600 of 14,653
I have an HD800S and haven't experienced anything like the above.
It really comes to individual sensations.

It's almost a common thing that people describe the Sony MDR Z1R as warm-sounding.
To me, they are everything but not warm-sounding.

Cheers!

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #14,601 of 14,653
Примерно неделю назад я был владельцем двух пар наушников: HE1000 v2 и Arya Stealth. По сравнению с Arya Stealth, модель HE1000 v2 демонстрировала выше уровень разрешения, однако проигрывала на средних и низких частотах, в результате чего вокал казался отдаленным и лишенным теплоты звучания.

Впоследствии, я принял решение продать HE1000 v2 и приобрести HE1000 Stealth (v3). В ходе прямого сравнения между HE1000 Stealth и Arya Stealth, стало очевидно, что HE1000 Stealth обладают схожим качеством звучания с Arya Stealth, но отличаются улучшенным разрешением и детализацией. Кроме того, средние и низкие частоты на HE1000 Stealth звучат столь же тепло, как на Arya, при этом бас в модели He1000 Stealth оказывается более выраженным, что сокращает мою потребность в использовании эквалайзера. Обратная ситуация наблюдается на некоторых акустических треках, на которых я склонен уменьшать басовые частоты, в то время как Arya Stealth требует их повышения.

При сопоставлении моделей HE1000 v2 и HE1000 Stealth можно констатировать, что последняя модель предоставляет более увлекательное и согласованное звуковое восприятие, в то время как HE1000 v2, несмотря на преимущество в пространственности звучания, звучит относительно тоньше и не вносит ту же глубину и наслаждение от прослушивания музыкальных композиций.

На текущий момент я решил сохранить как Arya Stealth, так и HE1000 Stealth в своей коллекции, чтобы предоставить возможность совместного прослушивания музыки.

About a week ago, I owned two pairs of headphones: the HE1000 v2 and the Arya Stealth. Compared to the Arya Stealth, the HE1000 v2 exhibited a higher level of resolution, but lost out in the midrange and bass, making vocals seem distant and lacking warmth.

Subsequently, I made the decision to sell the HE1000 v2 and purchase the HE1000 Stealth (v3). In a direct comparison between the HE1000 Stealth and the Arya Stealth, it became apparent that the HE1000 Stealth had similar sound quality to the Arya Stealth, but with improved resolution and detail. In addition, the midrange and bass on the HE1000 Stealth sound just as warm as on the Arya, with the bass being more pronounced in the He1000 Stealth, reducing my need to use EQ. The opposite is true for some acoustic tracks, where I tend to reduce the bass frequencies while the Arya Stealth requires a boost.

When comparing the HE1000 v2 and the HE1000 Stealth, it can be stated that the latter model provides a more engaging and coherent listening experience, while the HE1000 v2, despite its advantage in spatiality, sounds relatively thinner and does not bring the same depth and enjoyment to the listening experience.

For the time being, I have decided to keep both the Arya Stealth and the HE1000 Stealth in my collection to provide a collaborative music listening experience.

Attachments

• PXL_20240408_215154993.jpg
    PXL_20240408_215154993.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #14,602 of 14,653
Примерно неделю назад я был владельцем двух пар наушников: HE1000 v2 и Arya Stealth. По сравнению с Arya Stealth, модель HE1000 v2 демонстрировала выше уровень разрешения, однако проигрывала на средних и низких частотах, в результате чего вокал казался отдаленным и лишенным теплоты звучания.

Впоследствии, я принял решение продать HE1000 v2 и приобрести HE1000 Stealth (v3). В ходе прямого сравнения между HE1000 Stealth и Arya Stealth, стало очевидно, что HE1000 Stealth обладают схожим качеством звучания с Arya Stealth, но отличаются улучшенным разрешением и детализацией. Кроме того, средние и низкие частоты на HE1000 Stealth звучат столь же тепло, как на Arya, при этом бас в модели He1000 Stealth оказывается более выраженным, что сокращает мою потребность в использовании эквалайзера. Обратная ситуация наблюдается на некоторых акустических треках, на которых я склонен уменьшать басовые частоты, в то время как Arya Stealth требует их повышения.

При сопоставлении моделей HE1000 v2 и HE1000 Stealth можно констатировать, что последняя модель предоставляет более увлекательное и согласованное звуковое восприятие, в то время как HE1000 v2, несмотря на преимущество в пространственности звучания, звучит относительно тоньше и не вносит ту же глубину и наслаждение от прослушивания музыкальных композиций.

На текущий момент я решил сохранить как Arya Stealth, так и HE1000 Stealth в своей коллекции, чтобы предоставить возможность совместного прослушивания музыки.

About a week ago, I owned two pairs of headphones: the HE1000 v2 and the Arya Stealth. Compared to the Arya Stealth, the HE1000 v2 exhibited a higher level of resolution, but lost out in the midrange and bass, making vocals seem distant and lacking warmth.

Subsequently, I made the decision to sell the HE1000 v2 and purchase the HE1000 Stealth (v3). In a direct comparison between the HE1000 Stealth and the Arya Stealth, it became apparent that the HE1000 Stealth had similar sound quality to the Arya Stealth, but with improved resolution and detail. In addition, the midrange and bass on the HE1000 Stealth sound just as warm as on the Arya, with the bass being more pronounced in the He1000 Stealth, reducing my need to use EQ. The opposite is true for some acoustic tracks, where I tend to reduce the bass frequencies while the Arya Stealth requires a boost.

When comparing the HE1000 v2 and the HE1000 Stealth, it can be stated that the latter model provides a more engaging and coherent listening experience, while the HE1000 v2, despite its advantage in spatiality, sounds relatively thinner and does not bring the same depth and enjoyment to the listening experience.

For the time being, I have decided to keep both the Arya Stealth and the HE1000 Stealth in my collection to provide a collaborative music listening experience.
Great comparisons! Thank you!

Apr 10, 2024 at 6:23 AM Post #14,603 of 14,653
Могу описать звучание и сравнение трёх или даже четырёх наушников.
He1000v2
He1000 stealth (v3)
Akg q701/k702 (были и те и другие, идентичный звук, возможно q701 чуть теплее).

Могу сразу сказать о наушниках akg q701/k702. На мой взгляд это великолепные наушники в своей ценовой категории.

Мои исследование звука началось именно с них, и как видите это наушники, которые до сих остаются в моей коллекции. я продавал их, но возвращался к ним снова и снова, так как всегда скучал по их звуку, даже обладая более техничным и универсальными наушниками.

После них я перешёл на Ananda Stealth, и был удивлён, что это не такая уж и большая разница в качестве звучания. Ananda была немного выше разрешением и более динамична, но мне уже не хватало той воздушности и сцены от akg q701/k702.

Затем я решил сменить Ananda Stealth, на Arya Stealth и услышать где же тот топовый и предтоповый звук. Если сравнивать Arya и Akg, да динамичность и разрешение уже другое, более глубокий звук и высокий звук (особенность размера самих драйверов Hifiman).

Arya Stealth звучит довольно тепло, мягко и динамично (Особенно если добавить немного баса эквалайзером). У них самая приятная, мягкая динамичная и нижняя середина.

Следующими стали he1000v2, которые меня не сильно впечатлили, все звуки отодвинулись назад и по сторонам и от этого потерялась сама гармония и музыкальность треков. Эта широкая сцена не сыграла плюсом для he1000 v2.

Могу уверенно сказать, что he1000 stealth более универсальные наушники, с таким же высоким разрешением, как и he1000 v2.

Если рассматривать универсальность и жанры под каждые наушники, то выходит следующее:

Akg q701/k702 медитативная музыка, chill loffi, космическая музыка, классическая музыка, джаз, можно и поп (но не так универсально).

Hifiman Ananda Stealth/Arya Stealth довольно универсальные, но всё равно если слушать медитативную и лёгкую музыку, под которую действительно хочется расслабиться, то akg q701 в этом у меня на первом месте, они обладают именно воздушностью, сценой и лёгкостью звучания, на слух это очень приятно, можно слушать часами. Hifiman тоже очень воздушные, но они более наполненые динамикой.

HE1000 stealth универсальные по жанрам, джаз и классика звучат лучше всего, разрешение просто сверхдетальное, иногда хочется его и прибрать эквалайзером, что собственно всегда и рекомендую в этих случаях. Не понимаю зачем категорически отрицать эквалайзер, эти наушники позволяют пользоваться эквалайзером, без каких либо звуковых искажений, если они даже и есть, то только на графиках. Тем более вся музыка, каждый трек обладает своими характеристиками, какие-то записаны хорошо, какие-то хуже и все это поправляется на свой собственный слух эквалайзером (Equalizer Apo рекомендую)

В общем, если кто-то не хочет тратить большие деньги на наушники, то alg q701/k702 это тот же похожий звук, но более воздушный и легкий. Для меня они на своем, почетном месте (именно для легкой музыки). На самом деле денежная переплата не эквивалента самой разницы в звуке.

I can compare three or four headphones of similar sound character:
-He1000v2
-He1000 stealth (v3)
-Akg q701/k702 (there were us and others, random sound, maybe q701 is a bit warmer).

I can say right away about the akg q701/k702 headphones. In my opinion, these are great headphones in their price category.

My exploration of sound started with them, and as you can see they are the headphones that are still in my collection. i sold them, but came back to them again and again, as i always missed their sound, even with more technical and versatile headphones.

After them, I switched to the Ananda Stealth, and was surprised that it wasn't that much of a difference in sound quality. The Ananda was a little higher reasonable and more dynamic, but I was already missing the airiness and scenes from the akg q701/k702.

I then decided to replace the Ananda Stealth with the Arya Stealth and hear where the same top-end and pre-top-end sound. If I compare Arya and Akg, the dynamics and clarity are already different, deeper sound and high sound (a feature of the color of my own Hifiman driver).

Arya Stealth sounds quite warm, soft and dynamic (Especially if you add some bass with EQ). They have the nicest, softest, most dynamic and lower midrange.

Next were the he1000v2s, which didn't impress me much, all the sounds were pushed back and to the sides, and the harmony and musicality of the tracks was lost. This wide stage was not a plus for the he1000 v2.

I can safely say that the he1000 stealth is a more versatile headphone, with the same high degree of development as the he1000 v2.

When you consider the versatility and genres of maternity headphones, you get the following:

Akg q701/k702 meditative music, chill lo-fi, space music, classical music, jazz, you can also pop (but not so diverse).

Hifiman Ananda Stealth/Arya Stealth are quite versatile, but still, if you listen to meditative and light music, which really want to relax, then akg q701 in this I have in the first place, they have exactly airiness, stage and lightness of sound, on the ear it is very pleasant, you can listen for hours. Hifiman are also very good, but they are more full of dynamics.

HE1000 stealth universal in genres, jazz and classical sound the best, the resolution is just superdetailed, sometimes you want to tidy it up and EQ, which actually always recommend in such cases. I do not understand why categorically deny equalizer, these headphones allow you to use equalizer, without any sound distortion, if they are even there, then only on the graphs. Especially all kinds of music, each track has its own quality, some lessons are good, some are worse, and all of this is corrected by your ear equalizer (I recommend Equalizer Apo)

All in all, if someone doesn't want to spend big money on headphones, alg q701/k702 are the same similar sound, but more airy and light. For me they are in their place, in a place of honor, exactly for light music. Actually the monetary overpayment is not equivalent to the sound difference itself.

Attachments

• PXL_20240410_140959348.jpg
    PXL_20240410_140959348.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240410_140834895.jpg
    PXL_20240410_140834895.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #14,604 of 14,653
I spent a little time this evening A/B'ing between the HE1000 Stealth and my LCD-3F.

My immediate, overwhelming reaction to my old favorite, the Audeze, was VEIL! DARK! CONGESTED!

I've put in so many hours the last week listening to the Stealth, I recalibrated my hearing. I swear the LCD-3F never sounded so dark before. In fact, I remember being mildly disappointed it wasn't darker when I first acquired it years back.

After letting myself reacquaint with the Audeze, the sense of darkness never went away, but the veil morphed into fullness and body. With the HE1000, there is so much air and space between the instruments, but with the LCD-3F, there is a thick, warm pool of music connecting all the instruments. It's not like there isn't separation. You can easily pin point where everything is. There's simply an audible presence uniting them all.

Another thing I never noticed before about the LCD-3F, is the vocals sound a little... funny. First off, they are much, much smaller on the stage. The Stealth, on the other hand, gives you larger vocals, closer to you. But also, on the LCD-3F's vocals, there is a quality I struggle to define. Almost... squeaky. Not sibilant. That's entirely different. In my experience, the LCD-3F isn't sibilant. No, this is just a subtle weirdness. Almost like the singers are making a funny voice on purpose. Again, not something which ever jumped out at me until I heard the how profoundly natural the vocals on the Stealth is.

Other than that, there's the obvious things, like the Audeze has a thicker bass presence, at least in the upper bass, which is likely the source of all that fullness. However, the HiFiMan has more sub bass, I feel. Gives it a deeper rumble, but a cleaner, quicker sound. And of course, the HiFiMan has more treble. No surprise there. The LCD-3F sounds dark and rolled off up high. While the HE1000 is bright, airy, and detailed.

The soundstage on the HE1000 Stealth is grander in all dimensions. Particularly height. They are markedly wider and deeper, but good lord do these have a tall ceiling! The HiFiMan is infinitely more transparent and holographic, with significantly better resolution, and sharper detailing. As a result, I must say, it's also far, far more immersive.

If the HiFiMan HE1000 Stealth was overly bright, energetic, and in your face about it, I'd gladly retreat back into the warm embrace of Audeze. Honestly, that's kind of what I expected with this purchase. But the Stealth is not like that. It's easy. Effortless. Relaxed. Somehow, it achieves all this awe-inspiring performance without breaking a sweat. Never does it attack you, demanding your attention. It does it all naturally, with refinement and maturity.

When I first put on the LCD-3F, I thought, "Oh my god. The HE1000 Stealth has ruined my favorite headphones! I'm going to have to sell the LCD-3." But maybe that's not the case. While I very much favor more what the Stealth is doing, they are different enough that I could see myself going for the Audeze when I really want that dark, lush sound. The problem is, the HE1000 is quite warm and musical in its own right. The treble is bright-ish. Especially compared to the Audeze, but the mids are easy and organic and warm, and just so bleeding natural. I worry there may never be a case where the LCD-3F presents as the better choice.

We'll see. If you see my LCD-3 on the Classifieds, you'll know why. :)

Apr 10, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #14,605 of 14,653
If anyone interested in buying a He1000 V2 with around 2 more years warranty still available, check my listings.

After having it for a year and barely using it, I found it a bit too bright for my liking and for the type of music i'm listening. :)

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:02 AM Post #14,606 of 14,653
I spent a little time this evening A/B'ing between the HE1000 Stealth and my LCD-3F.

My immediate, overwhelming reaction to my old favorite, the Audeze, was VEIL! DARK! CONGESTED!

I've put in so many hours the last week listening to the Stealth, I recalibrated my hearing. I swear the LCD-3F never sounded so dark before. In fact, I remember being mildly disappointed it wasn't darker when I first acquired it years back.

After letting myself reacquaint with the Audeze, the sense of darkness never went away, but the veil morphed into fullness and body. With the HE1000, there is so much air and space between the instruments, but with the LCD-3F, there is a thick, warm pool of music connecting all the instruments. It's not like there isn't separation. You can easily pin point where everything is. There's simply an audible presence uniting them all.

Another thing I never noticed before about the LCD-3F, is the vocals sound a little... funny. First off, they are much, much smaller on the stage. The Stealth, on the other hand, gives you larger vocals, closer to you. But also, on the LCD-3F's vocals, there is a quality I struggle to define. Almost... squeaky. Not sibilant. That's entirely different. In my experience, the LCD-3F isn't sibilant. No, this is just a subtle weirdness. Almost like the singers are making a funny voice on purpose. Again, not something which ever jumped out at me until I heard the how profoundly natural the vocals on the Stealth is.

Other than that, there's the obvious things, like the Audeze has a thicker bass presence, at least in the upper bass, which is likely the source of all that fullness. However, the HiFiMan has more sub bass, I feel. Gives it a deeper rumble, but a cleaner, quicker sound. And of course, the HiFiMan has more treble. No surprise there. The LCD-3F sounds dark and rolled off up high. While the HE1000 is bright, airy, and detailed.

The soundstage on the HE1000 Stealth is grander in all dimensions. Particularly height. They are markedly wider and deeper, but good lord do these have a tall ceiling! The HiFiMan is infinitely more transparent and holographic, with significantly better resolution, and sharper detailing. As a result, I must say, it's also far, far more immersive.

If the HiFiMan HE1000 Stealth was overly bright, energetic, and in your face about it, I'd gladly retreat back into the warm embrace of Audeze. Honestly, that's kind of what I expected with this purchase. But the Stealth is not like that. It's easy. Effortless. Relaxed. Somehow, it achieves all this awe-inspiring performance without breaking a sweat. Never does it attack you, demanding your attention. It does it all naturally, with refinement and maturity.

When I first put on the LCD-3F, I thought, "Oh my god. The HE1000 Stealth has ruined my favorite headphones! I'm going to have to sell the LCD-3." But maybe that's not the case. While I very much favor more what the Stealth is doing, they are different enough that I could see myself going for the Audeze when I really want that dark, lush sound. The problem is, the HE1000 is quite warm and musical in its own right. The treble is bright-ish. Especially compared to the Audeze, but the mids are easy and organic and warm, and just so bleeding natural. I worry there may never be a case where the LCD-3F presents as the better choice.

We'll see. If you see my LCD-3 on the Classifieds, you'll know why. :)
Nice write up.

I think you nailed the main points that lead a lot of enthusiasts towards Hifiman despite the presentation we may have initially believed we wanted in our headphones.
Warm, "romantic", lush, organic etc sounds really appealing on paper and is obviously a popular choice for many. Despite the Hifiman line not necessarily falling under those terms. Many claim Hifiman is dry, bright and technical which might sound bad on paper but it ultimately an ear opener and a must have IME.

I sort of came to the same conclusion as you did with your LCD 3F as I did when I had my Arya SE and Abyss Diana Phi/V2.
I loved the concept and aesthetic of the Abyss but even a non-audiophile friend told me he preferred the Hifiman. Eventually the Dianas were up for sale I haven't looked back.

Also, trying out the HEKSE vs Arya SE I immediately put the Arya in its box and pretty much never used them again.

I bought the HEKSE from Hifiman directly when they were $2k but they dropped the price about 3 months later which is a steal.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #14,608 of 14,653
Nice write up.

I think you nailed the main points that lead a lot of enthusiasts towards Hifiman despite the presentation we may have initially believed we wanted in our headphones.
Warm, "romantic", lush, organic etc sounds really appealing on paper and is obviously a popular choice for many. Despite the Hifiman line not necessarily falling under those terms. Many claim Hifiman is dry, bright and technical which might sound bad on paper but it ultimately an ear opener and a must have IME.

I sort of came to the same conclusion as you did with your LCD 3F as I did when I had my Arya SE and Abyss Diana Phi/V2.
I loved the concept and aesthetic of the Abyss but even a non-audiophile friend told me he preferred the Hifiman. Eventually the Dianas were up for sale I haven't looked back.

Also, trying out the HEKSE vs Arya SE I immediately put the Arya in its box and pretty much never used them again.

I bought the HEKSE from Hifiman directly when they were $2k but they dropped the price about 3 months later which is a steal.
When I think of dry and technical, I think of Beyerdynamic. The HE1000 Stealth doesn't come across that way to my ears. :darthsmile:

Apr 11, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #14,610 of 14,653
HEKSE is the Special Edition, the Stealth or Stealth Magnet Version is known as HEKS as it is the Stealth Magnet version of the V.2 model which would be HEK or just HE1000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back