Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Jan 5, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #8,776 of 14,746
HE-6 V2?
tongue.gif

I was shown the photo and told some details on sound and price,but I cant really say more as im not at liberty to do so.

All I will say is based on price I was told this will be the new flagship(except for that 55k one)

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #8,778 of 14,746

I was shown the photo and told some details on sound and price,but I cant really say more as im not at liberty to do so.

All I will say is based on price I was told this will be the new flagship(except for that 55k one)

Looking forward to see the new "flagship" - so exciting to see a new flagship or TOTL revision from Hifiman every 6 months .

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #8,779 of 14,746
Hmm... So the decision to go from v1 to v2 just got harder (unless this new 6something is $10k).

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #8,780 of 14,746
Looking forward to see the new "flagship" - so exciting to see a new flagship or TOTL revision from Hifiman every 6 months .

Is that sarcasm or serious? I would look at it as a possible negative. If they got the HP to the max in full development, there wouldn't be a rehash this quick. Also resale of V1....

On the other hand, if folk like swopping HPs like underpants.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #8,782 of 14,746
Just when I thought I had decided on my new headphones, ... they do this...

Yeah...im really glad I cant afford an HE-1000 cuz if id bought one and then a few months later they drop an even better,more expensive TOTL headphone I would be none too pleased.

I found a BNIB HE6 for sale for a little over a grand...that will be my end game headphone...unless I win the lottery.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #8,783 of 14,746
I decided to make a custom headband so that my new pleather headband that I got from hifiman doesn't suffer the same fate as my previous one. The custom headband, unlike the stock, is made of real leather and is much more durable than the stock. Leather is tanned with oil so it doesn't magnetically collect everything inside of it like cheap fake leather.  I wonder why hifiman doesn't use real leather...

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #8,789 of 14,746

I won't be surprised if HFM releases a new planar magnetic "baby Shangri-La", tuned to sound more like the Shangri-La, compared to HEK v2. Guess price USD8K (2x Utopia). 
popcorn.gif

Upgraded cans!!
Upgraded fences!!
Upgraded earpads!!

Used the upgraded *structural* technology as Shangri-La without degraded *intrinsic* sounding as HEX!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back