HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #11,581 of 21,873

The new model coming out is less money and its called the HE560 and priced at 899.00 so not sure if they are thinking of replacing with a higher model . They only showed two new models at the CES,

That is great news Frank. 

Any plans of making a HE-6 equivalent to flagship that are more sensitive.  I always wanted to get a pair of HE-6s to replace my D7000s - because I already invested so much in my amps to drive regular headphone sensitivities, I never did get around to it.
Did you get rid of those HD800 btw? I recall you stating that you didn't like em.

I sold the HD800 to get the HE-6 :p

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #11,582 of 21,873
Just wondering if u guys have experienced cable connector being a bit loose like if I move my head sometimes the right channel may not have sound..
Do you guys mod to hardwire the cables or any other solutions?

I hear about this all the time but -touch wood- haven't experienced the issue so far, neither with my 500 nor with my 6.  Then again, I don't headbang while listening to Bach nor do I take my headphones apart on a regular basis to mod them.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #11,583 of 21,873
Did you get rid of those HD800 btw? I recall you stating that you didn't like em.

I sold the HD800 to get the HE-6
tongue.gif

I had the HD800 at my place for quite a while and and after the initial wow factor - the treble was problematic for me on all recordings.  EQ ca neutralise the treble and make the headphone excellent - but I don't always use a computer.  Modded it is supposed to sound OK as well, but people are going to buy Senheissers best and think this is how all music should sound like - creating a new generation of bright hot loving audiophiles...I played this game with speakers, it sounds wow at first.  Truth be told music is in the mids.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #11,584 of 21,873
I really want to jump in and order the HE-6 right now. It is just soooo painful to wait till April to hear proper impressions of the new Hifiman headphones...

If i end up getting the he-6 though, i probably should find a decent speaker amp to get the best out of them. My wife already thinks my beta 22 is sort of in her face. She probably wouldnt like another amp taking up the space...

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #11,585 of 21,873
I really want to jump in and order the HE-6 right now. It is just soooo painful to wait till April to hear proper impressions of the new Hifiman headphones...

If i end up getting the he-6 though, i probably should find a decent speaker amp to get the best out of them. My wife already thinks my beta 22 is sort of in her face. She probably wouldnt like another amp taking up the space...

A trusted ear has told me the new cans don't match up to the HE-6. You're safe until Hifiman releases the real replacement.

Jan 30, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #11,587 of 21,873
Do you guys also use speaker amp and resistors for other cans as well? Like hd800

I don't participate in the watt-race, each his/her own but a good, powerful headphone amp is more than sufficient imho, even for the HE-6.

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #11,588 of 21,873
Hifiman should definitely solve the problem of the connectors once n for all...
i havent get down to "solving" my right connection yet, 
get a new stock cable, or a "hi end" cable...or hardwire or hot glue that darn connector..:p

Anyone tried the AD2000 suede pancake earpads on the HE6 yet? 

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #11,589 of 21,873
I don't participate in the watt-race, each his/her own but a good, powerful headphone amp is more than sufficient imho, even for the HE-6.

I just started and bought a local brand Clones 25i which basically an integrated amp inspired by 47lab gaincard.. Nothing as high end as the amps discussed here bur thru the he-adapter i could hear the soundstage open up with immediate improvement
So i wonder should i get mini xlr cable for my hd800

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #11,590 of 21,873
Hifiman should definitely solve the problem of the connectors once n for all...
i havent get down to "solving" my right connection yet, 
get a new stock cable, or a "hi end" cable...or hardwire or hot glue that darn connector..:p

Hehe thanks
My new year resoluion will definitely be one of your suggestions above

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #11,591 of 21,873
Guys I've heard HE-6 with EF-6 only and I was pretty impressed. Will I get speaker amp for half of EF-6 price to drive HE-6 better? Can be used. HE-6 is perfect for me so I want to get best from them. In other hand I don't want to spend too much on amp only for them when I can buy EF-6 which drive good HE-6 and a lot of other headphones.

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #11,592 of 21,873
Just wondering if u guys have experienced cable connector being a bit loose like if I move my head sometimes the right channel may not have sound..
Do you guys mod to hardwire the cables or any other solutions?

Yup 
rolleyes.gif
, I periodically just take my fingers and re-tighten....

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #11,593 of 21,873

Sell your regular amps. Commit and you won't need another headphone. Actually, it will save you on the long run!
tongue_smile.gif

Hah! I'm two steps ahead of you mate...but I am always curious about headphones.  Especially when I find myself with enough time to actually listen to them and annoy some people AT THE SAME TIME! 
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #11,594 of 21,873
  Guys I've heard HE-6 with EF-6 only and I was pretty impressed. Will I get speaker amp for half of EF-6 price to drive HE-6 better? Can be used. HE-6 is perfect for me so I want to get best from them. In other hand I don't want to spend too much on amp only for them when I can buy EF-6 which drive good HE-6 and a lot of other headphones.

You would be better off getting the Audio-gd Master series amp than the EF-6 for around the same price. More power and better sounding and more versatile with other phones IMO.

When I had the EF-6 on a trial I clearly preferred my Master-6 with the HE6's and LCD2.2's. They were about equal with the T1's.

It's best to try and hear any speaker amp first because of the potential issue  with hiss. However there are plenty of options 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back