HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 30, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #196 of 21,868
Nice pics guys!

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #198 of 21,868

Quote:
HeadphoneAddict said:

I love my Jade electrostatic headphones.

Quote:
Nice pics guys!

The HE-6 is indeed beautiful. And early reports seem very good.

But do you guys think they will sell much better than the $1,500 Jades, which are still listed for sale? I imagine they would as they don't need a 'stat amplifier, but they are close in their premium price point. Some one just posted that only 10 Jades have been sold to date, I have no idea how accurate that is.

Jul 3, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #199 of 21,868
Does anyone know if the new portable HE-3 will be fold-able?

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #200 of 21,868
I believe portable phones should fold for easier and safe storage in bags, briefcases etc.. Silk-clad wooden boxes look impressive, but are not really practical, not even for mail delivery..

Portable phones often are used in the presence of other people or in noisy environments. Hence a closed design would be preferable. While walking or cycling, one may want to hear environmental noise. But then low-fi headphones would be enough.

Regarding sensitivity and impedance, some will want to use them directly from portable players, other have invested in portable amps.  

Jul 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #203 of 21,868

Quote:
Anybody had a chance to compare HE-6 with HE-5 and HE-5LE?

Soon.  Destination is Colorado...

Quote:
7/3/2010        6:55 am Scheduled to move  
blank.gif
Cincinnati Hub, OH
                      3:09 am Transit through DHL facility  
blank.gif
Cincinnati Hub, OH
                      3:09 am Processed at DHL Location.  
blank.gif
Cincinnati Hub, OH
                      3:09 am Clearance processing complete  
blank.gif
Cincinnati Hub, OH
7/2/2010        5:40 pm Depart Facility  
blank.gif
Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong
                      5:22 pm Processed at DHL Location.  
blank.gif
                      4:42 pm Transit through DHL facility  
blank.gif
                      4:04 pm Depart Facility  
blank.gif
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
                      4:04 pm Processed at DHL Location.  
blank.gif
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
                      3:45 pm Departing origin.  
blank.gif
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
                      3:08 pm Shipment picked up  
blank.gif
Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Jul 4, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #204 of 21,868
Looking forward to your impressions, Larry.

Jul 5, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #206 of 21,868
Ed, Nice pix.  The HE6 were very impressive, I had only heard the initial prototypes of the Head Direct and Audeze headphones (at CanJam 2009) and wasn't enthralled with either one at that point.  The HE6 certainly has come a long way.  They really sounded very good from top to bottom.  They are fast, musical, well built, comfortable, and did I mention that they look great with the leather.
The only thing that I didn't like was how power hungry they are.  I had to crank the DA11 and the Equilibrato up to make them sing.
I've definitely added these headphones to my wish list
dt880smile.png

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #208 of 21,868

Quote:

The HE-6 is indeed beautiful. And early reports seem very good.

But do you guys think they will sell much better than the $1,500 Jades, which are still listed for sale? I imagine they would as they don't need a 'stat amplifier, but they are close in their premium price point. Some one just posted that only 10 Jades have been sold to date, I have no idea how accurate that is.

supposedly the ortho's will have much better reliability than the Stats (Stats have the possibility of developing chanel imbalance, pops, farts, hissss, etc),  I suspect the HE6 will sell quite ok.

I thought the initial sale # of Jade was a bit higher than 10, but who knows how many were then returned ( within the 30 days trial periode).  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back