= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 8, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #20,026 of 21,175
so can a new head band be sent out instead of having to ship our sets back and forth? i would honestly prefer to just swap the band out myself. hifiman has offered to send me a new sundara band free of charge so im hoping you guys can do the same. and thank you for getting this straightened out.

Aug 8, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #20,028 of 21,175
Hi again Helen!

I was told by another representative of Adorama that the headbands can be sent out if you arr willing to wait for them to be in stock at the warehouse. I chose to drop the V2 entirely myself, and I am debating whether I should just buy a V1 instead aince that's more familiar ground.

If you want the headband replaced sooner rather than later, returning it is probably faster, and it IS a free return after all, so it's not the worst thing.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #20,032 of 21,175
Well I just dropped off my HE560 V2 at the UPS store headed back to Adorama with the provided return label.

I debated for a couple days on getting them repaired; I really liked the sound signature and they were a huge step up from my HE400i HPs, but finally I just checked the REFUND box. I did not what to chance getting them reworked and waiting a couple weeks only to get them back and still be dissatisfied. I was hoping the solution would be just sending out a headband and not have to play the return game.

Sadly the HE560 V2 will forever have this stigma attached to them and will likely never be poplar in the used market place.

Thanks to Adorama and HiFiMan for doing the right thing,

Aug 8, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #20,037 of 21,175
I contacted HiFiMan about the fit issue with the HE560 v2 and received a Sundara headband in the mail this week. It still had the same size leather strap as the one that came in my box from Adorama so it was essentially a color change.

I took matters into my own hands and ordered a 10 dollar headband pad designed for Bose QC35s from Amazon that fits perfectly between the two plastic pieces and did a bit of DIY work on the Sundara headband by removing the leather parts after dissasembaling the plastic parts. I didn’t reassemble the right side perfectly so the yoke slider mechanism is a bit loose but it doesn’t actually slip when on my head so I have not bothered to redo it yet.

I’m calling this my HE560 v2 big head mod. I was on notch 6 or 7 with leather band on, now I’m on notch 0 or 1. With the black and silver Sundara headband I now have a nice black and silver color combo.

On my head it is comfortable even with how thin the headband pad is because the headphones are not that heavy and the there is plenty of contact surface to distribute the weight along with the clamp force that puts a lot of it on the side of your head.

I would put this behind my TH900s and K7XX for comfort and better than my Elears and 58X which are on the tight side for my head. It could be even more comfortable with a bigger headband pad but I love the look of this one and its not painful with my use so far.

Do you know what went wrong with the right side reassembly? Would you say it was an easy job, little chance of breakage?

Aug 8, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #20,039 of 21,175

Users who are viewing this thread

Back