= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 6, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #20,012 of 21,175
Can someone with a V2 confirm that they sound like the original V1 if you pull on the cups to relieve a bit of clamp? Without creating a leak in the pads I mean. Ideally they are flat down to 20 Hz, zero rolloff.
I don't have the v2 but that is most certainly not what people are hearing. I've owned the 400s and currently own 560's and the same effect occurs. Pull the cups away from the ears, badb gets boomier. Simply the nature of the drivers is my guess.

Aug 6, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #20,013 of 21,175
I don't have the v2 but that is most certainly not what people are hearing. I've owned the 400s and currently own 560's and the same effect occurs. Pull the cups away from the ears, badb gets boomier. Simply the nature of the drivers is my guess.

I know about that effect, yeah. My question is more about the sub bass being less impressive in the V2, and whether that could be caused by the clamp.

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #20,015 of 21,175
I've made up my mind personally. If I can't get a new headband or just a strap sent to me, I am RMAing them and either getting V1's or abandoning the Hifiman idea. I don't care to send things back and forth like that. Ideally they'll just send a new strap.

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #20,016 of 21,175
same here and who knows who is going to do the replacement and if they end up even sending back the same pair or scratching them doing the replacement. id rather just have the band also. we need to see if hifiman will send out the ones they are replacing them with at adorama. im more then capable of changing it out myself.

i just sent hifiman am email asking what is the final word and what can be done for those who dont want to be shipping back and forth and having repairs done and by whom they will be done if they do. if i hear back ill post here i also suggest others doing the same thing we need to get a final decision on this.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #20,017 of 21,175
Can anyone recommend a good budget 3.5mm cable for the HE560s? I have the 3.5mm Grado adapter at the moment for my LG V20 and computer, but would like something less bulky for listening around the house. Looks like bestintheverse was recommended here but their site is gone now.

Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #20,019 of 21,175
someone from hifiman got back to me and offered me the sundara band but they did say its a hybrid and has no branding.

Does hifiman offer the new headband with a metal frame? It's not the Sundara one but an updated version of the old headband that kept having the yoke crack.

Aug 8, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #20,023 of 21,175
I contacted HiFiMan about the fit issue with the HE560 v2 and received a Sundara headband in the mail this week. It still had the same size leather strap as the one that came in my box from Adorama so it was essentially a color change.

I took matters into my own hands and ordered a 10 dollar headband pad designed for Bose QC35s from Amazon that fits perfectly between the two plastic pieces and did a bit of DIY work on the Sundara headband by removing the leather parts after dissasembaling the plastic parts. I didn’t reassemble the right side perfectly so the yoke slider mechanism is a bit loose but it doesn’t actually slip when on my head so I have not bothered to redo it yet.

I’m calling this my HE560 v2 big head mod. I was on notch 6 or 7 with leather band on, now I’m on notch 0 or 1. With the black and silver Sundara headband I now have a nice black and silver color combo.

531E5D31-A671-4F44-8D61-2175164A9B9E.jpeg

On my head it is comfortable even with how thin the headband pad is because the headphones are not that heavy and the there is plenty of contact surface to distribute the weight along with the clamp force that puts a lot of it on the side of your head.

I would put this behind my TH900s and K7XX for comfort and better than my Elears and 58X which are on the tight side for my head. It could be even more comfortable with a bigger headband pad but I love the look of this one and its not painful with my use so far.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #20,024 of 21,175
I contacted HiFiMan about the fit issue with the HE560 v2 and received a Sundara headband in the mail this week. It still had the same size leather strap as the one that came in my box from Adorama so it was essentially a color change.

I took matters into my own hands and ordered a 10 dollar headband pad designed for Bose QC35s from Amazon that fits perfectly between the two plastic pieces and did a bit of DIY work on the Sundara headband by removing the leather parts after dissasembaling the plastic parts. I didn’t reassemble the right side perfectly so the yoke slider mechanism is a bit loose but it doesn’t actually slip when on my head so I have not bothered to redo it yet.

I’m calling this my HE560 v2 big head mod. I was on notch 6 or 7 with leather band on, now I’m on notch 0 or 1. With the black and silver Sundara headband I now have a nice black and silver color combo.

On my head it is comfortable even with how thin the headband pad is because the headphones are not that heavy and the there is plenty of contact surface to distribute the weight along with the clamp force that puts a lot of it on the side of your head.

I would put this behind my TH900s and K7XX for comfort and better than my Elears and 58X which are on the tight side for my head. It could be even more comfortable with a bigger headband pad but I love the look of this one and its not painful with my use so far.
Now that is thinking out of the box and a great idea. Headfier's unite and make HiFiMan work for all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back