= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Feb 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #11,716 of 21,176
  Very disappointed with Hifiman's post-sales support.

My 2nd pair of HE-560s is pending a warranty claim (due to the all too common rattling driver issue) and the reseller has had no response from Hifiman in almost a week now.

Really considering ditching the brand and going for the Audeze EL-8.

If you want to keep the HE560 I would contact HiFiMAN direct for a replacement assuming the reseller is authorized.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #11,717 of 21,176

My 2nd pair of HE-560s is pending a warranty claim (due to the all too common rattling driver issue) and the reseller has had no response from Hifiman in almost a week now.

you should contact hifiman directly. their customer service is a bit slow, but they will take care of you.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #11,719 of 21,176

The EL-8 doesn't hold a candle to the HE-560.  Just saying.

Also, a lot of Chinese companies are closed right now for New Years. 

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #11,720 of 21,176

you should contact hifiman directly. their customer service is a bit slow, but they will take care of you.

Don't think it will happen soon thanks to Chinese New Year starting on February 19

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #11,722 of 21,176
Well, mostly separated, more like living in joint misery. As sad as it is, for our daughter even this situation is better as we don't fight, but beyond that we are roommates. Quite sad, but what are you going to do right?

Having been through a similar situation recently, you have my sympathy (living like roommates, two young children...check check). One thing to remember...kids dont have preconceptions and can deal with most changes in situation if they feel loved. Glad you've come around to the Laphroaig...not too much though eh :wink:

Feb 17, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #11,723 of 21,176
 Impressions after several (4 hours or so/day) hours of listening-and leaving them playing a variety of music (Classical and Jazz) constantly for roughly 72 hours- I either hear a larger soundstage or imagine I do! Either way my ears are happy!  The instructions from HiFiMan say 150 hours for break in. 
I realize the only way to tell for sure would be to buy multiple 560's and have controls that sit unused to compare to sets that are broken in-assuming they sound the "same" to start with,
Then have a team of Elves magically and seamlessly switch them with me unknowing of the ID of the HP...
Since that's NOT going to happen-I am just going to say they sound more open-or at least I think they do!
When I compare  the SACD of the San Francisco Symphony with the live performance from last night-I think it sounds BETTER through the phones! Then again I was quite away back from the stage and maybe it would be more comparable if I sat just in front (more direct sound).
Next time! In a few weeks,
From where I was sitting the notes of the Brahms Piano Concerto sometimes blended together a bit too much.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #11,724 of 21,176
Having been through a similar situation recently, you have my sympathy (living like roommates, two young children...check check). One thing to remember...kids dont have preconceptions and can deal with most changes in situation if they feel loved. Glad you've come around to the Laphroaig...not too much though eh :wink:

Agreed on Laphroig moderation. PH & SD I WENT THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION WITH MY EX., staying together until my Daughter graduated from high school. No great words of advice though, cannot say I wouldn't do it again. There is a light though, my life has changed and is incredibly blessed with an absolute Angel as a Wife. Though my Step-Daughter is an interesting challenge!

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #11,725 of 21,176
Agreed on Laphroig moderation. PH & SD I WENT THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION WITH MY EX., staying together until my Daughter graduated from high school. No great words of advice though, cannot say I wouldn't do it again. There is a light though, my life has changed and is incredibly blessed with an absolute Angel as a Wife. Though my Step-Daughter is an interesting challenge!

Good for you!
biggrin.gif
 I wouldn't presume to give any such advice either...it's such a personal thing.  I went the other way, stuck it out for a few years but felt like I was wasting my life, so I left and it was definitely the right thing for our situation.  Now I'm completely broke (I left everything, including mortgage-free house), but I'm a whole lot happier. Best wishes to all who are in similar circumstances.  Pour a (small!) whisky, put on your HE-560s and a favourite tune & forget about all that schiit for a while!
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #11,726 of 21,176
@pedalhead and @wildcatsare1, thanks for the words of encouragement. As it sounds like you both know from experience, it is a tough road, tough on everybody, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. It is getting brighter now so I feel mostly pretty positive. I think I use my audio gear as a surrogate for the social component people in healthy relationships get. Like you pedalhead, my brother recently walked away from the mess and took a huge financial hit, but he is far happier than he was so it was an investment for sure, and he has a decent parenting relationship with his ex so there is no strife for the children. Okay, back to your regular 560 programing.

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #11,727 of 21,176

I purchased it from an authorised reseller so I technically shouldn't have to.

The reseller swapped out my first faulty HE560 and was extremely prompt in their service. I believe they are waiting for official instruction from Hifiman because having TWO HE560s fail within a month of purchase at that price point is just ridiculous. It also costs myself and the reseller $40+ in postage each way, not fair on either of us.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #11,729 of 21,176
I suggest Lyr and bifrost über very good combo with 560 warms them up a bit
I been married 45yrs that's why I love my phones the only quite I get

I have a theory that men die sooner to get some peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back