HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jan 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #10,771 of 20,386
Woah!! That's pretty cool. Don't hope I got my emotiva for nothing, they better be inefficient. A sound that resembles higher end 'stats? I honestly don't think they can pull that one. Well, resembles can mean a lot of things..
I HAVE to find somewhere to audition those. Nothing, maybe except new offerings from Stax, could make me much more excited. It really seems like hifiman has worked towards something more comfy. Nice!

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #10,774 of 20,386
Interesting design!  Headband is like a hybrid of Abyss/AD/AKG.  Cups swivel arms seem to be plastic now.  The annoying connectors are still the same. 
frown.gif
  Same drivers or new?  Hope to hear more impression about SQ and details coming up soon.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #10,775 of 20,386
Interesting design!  Headband is like a hybrid of Abyss/AD/AKG.  Cups swivel arms seem to be plastic now.  The annoying connectors are still the same.  :frowning2:   Same drivers or new?  Hope to hear more impression about SQ and details coming up soon.

I think the driver will be same kind of driver as the he-4 with magnets on only 1 side to reduce weight. The headband reminds me of stax/abyss

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #10,777 of 20,386
  Interesting design!  Headband is like a hybrid of Abyss/AD/AKG.  Cups swivel arms seem to be plastic now.  The annoying connectors are still the same. 
frown.gif
  Same drivers or new?  Hope to hear more impression about SQ and details coming up soon.

+1

First word out of my mouth was: "Abyss?" And the 2nd thing was, "Where are the new connectors?"

I get this weird feeling that I'm still keeping my HE-500... for now at least.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #10,778 of 20,386
frown.gif

Connectors better be the same. Just got aftermarket headphone cable for Hifiman 
mad.gif

I really like the wood. Fits well with my Room's FS stand. Almost the exact same color, scary.

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #10,779 of 20,386
Basically:

Same connectors,
Same cups

New headband,
New drivers

I'm 99% sure that the new headband will be compatible with older HE models, since the cups look identical with the 400i / 560. I just hope Hifiman will agree to sell those headbands separately (and for a reasonable cost).

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #10,780 of 20,386
Interesting design!  Headband is like a hybrid of Abyss/AD/AKG.  Cups swivel arms seem to be plastic now.  The annoying connectors are still the same.  :frowning2:   Same drivers or new?  Hope to hear more impression about SQ and details coming up soon.

They look much much lighter..and less sturdy..looking at the pics.. Hope they feel and look more sturdy in real...but they look a bit more flashy then the models now which are less flashy..and is that brown real wood or fake plastic?
And what i read was that the he560 will be much easier to drive then the he500.. Just like audeze did with their new lcd-x models...so no need for speaker amps anymore. :D

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #10,781 of 20,386
It would be indescribably untasty if it wasn't real wood. I am certain it is.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #10,782 of 20,386
It would be indescribably untasty if it wasn't real wood. I am certain it is.
well it wouldnt surprise me... They do use pleathers also instead of real leather like audeze uses....
Well we have to see..i think people will love these phones..as they will be less heavy..on the pics they show as being really lightweight...almost portable headphone look :wink:

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #10,784 of 20,386
well it wouldnt surprise me... They do use pleathers also instead of real leather like audeze uses....
Well we have to see..i think people will love these phones..as they will be less heavy..on the pics they show as being really lightweight...almost portable headphone look
wink.gif

You do know that HE5s used wood cups right? Your Code-X which is a modified HE5 still retains those cups. Wooden cups are used quite often in headphones, genuine leather earpads less so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back