HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Apr 15, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #4,366 of 20,386
for movies i prefer the LCD-2 to the D7000 cause they seem more resolving and cleaner, but its pretty close, i prefer the accurate and really deep bass of the LCD-2. both really good though. 

nice comparison between the headphones btw Zoom, similar to what you told me when i asked you about HE-500 vs. LCD-2 when i got them.

out of the LCD-2/HE-500 though, i go for the T1/HD800 much more often, makes me want to try a LCD-3 sometime in the future 
tongue_smile.gif

and while the T1 lacks the rumble of the denons or the slam of the audeze, its bass has the perfect balance of accuracy, speed, and bloom, i find it really enjoyable. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #4,367 of 20,386
He-500 was great with Rock..

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #4,368 of 20,386
for movies i prefer the LCD-2 to the D7000 cause they seem more resolving and cleaner, but its pretty close, i prefer the accurate and really deep bass of the LCD-2. both really good though. 

nice comparison between the headphones btw Zoom, similar to what you told me when i asked you about HE-500 vs. LCD-2 when i got them.

out of the LCD-2/HE-500 though, i go for the T1/HD800 much more often, makes me want to try a LCD-3 sometime in the future 
tongue_smile.gif

and while the T1 lacks the rumble of the denons or the slam of the audeze, its bass has the perfect balance of accuracy, speed, and bloom, i find it really enjoyable. 

I also agree that he500 is not best phone for movies or games..for that i use a phone specifically tuned for that..a phone of which almost no one knows of..the beyerdynamic mmx300.. I have one for years..it fell hundreds of times on the floor, cord was stepped on many times..but still..its as new..its. Built like a tank and for games and movies it gives the sparkle (voices and direction of the voices) the width and the depth of the bass...ofcourse used in conjuction with the dedicated usb amp that is included in the package..it was affordable and is only phone i still have after years...its only phone i will never sell...the he500 is better with music out of my 337.. But movies and gaming on my pc? The beyer..handsdown a winner for me.. :D

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #4,369 of 20,386
Quote:
I also agree that he500 is not best phone for movies or games..for that i use a phone specifically tuned for that..a phone of which almost no one knows of..the beyerdynamic mmx300.. I have one for years..it fell hundreds of times on the floor, cord was stepped on many times..but still..its as new..its. Built like a tank and for games and movies it gives the sparkle (voices and direction of the voices) the width and the depth of the bass...ofcourse used in conjuction with the dedicated usb amp that is included in the package..it was affordable and is only phone i still have after years...its only phone i will never sell...the he500 is better with music out of my 337.. But movies and gaming on my pc? The beyer..handsdown a winner for me..
biggrin.gif

a quite underrated beyer, haven't heard one myself yet though. theres alot of beyers that people dont really check out (i think theres the 860 or 660 someone else mentioned was really good for classical, there was a thread somewhere on it)

i guess the T1 is a bit of an underdog as well compared to the other more popular flagships.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #4,370 of 20,386
Well I finally have my HE500's playing through my Audio-GD NFB10SE.

Currently listening to Pink Floyd and the soundstage is so bloody wide 
basshead.gif

Loving it,

Currently using it Single Ended until my XLR cable arrives...

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #4,371 of 20,386
Quote:
Well I finally have my HE500's playing through my Audio-GD NFB10SE.

Currently listening to Pink Floyd and the soundstage is so bloody wide 
basshead.gif

Loving it,

Currently using it Single Ended until my XLR cable arrives...

Dark Side of the Moon is in my top 10 albums to listen to with HE-500. The Wall is good as well. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #4,372 of 20,386
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Same here. LCD-3 should be easy for me to upgrade to. It'll still sound good with my current amps. With T1, I suppose I'd fair off poorly. I don't own any tube stuff. There's also HE-6, Stax and TH900.

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #4,374 of 20,386
Quote:

Dark Side of the Moon is in my top 10 albums to listen to with HE-500. The Wall is good as well. 

Same here. LCD-3 should be easy for me to upgrade to. It'll still sound good with my current amps. With T1, I suppose I'd fair off poorly. I don't own any tube stuff. There's also HE-6, Stax and TH900.

the Wall is one of my all time favorite albums.

DSotM is pretty good too though.

i think after HE-500 i can see my end-game being TH-900, HD 800, T1, LCD-3, HE-6, and PS1000. no other headphones i want. thats almost 10k in headphones though...

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #4,375 of 20,386
Quote:

the Wall is one of my all time favorite albums.

DSotM is pretty good too though.

i think after HE-500 i can see my end-game being TH-900, HD 800, T1, LCD-3, HE-6, and PS1000. no other headphones i want. thats almost 10k in headphones though...

Gotta love Pink Floyd. They combined anything and everything to make awesome music. From electronic to rock to jazz to ambience to random noises/samples. In a manner similar to Daft Punk...although I still think Pink Floyd were more qualified
biggrin.gif

$10,000 on headphones. Individually, for me I can maybe see that, but dropping $10,000 on something like a Stax SR-009 rig would be insane. Rather have a variety of several high end headphones than the best headphone in my theory so far based on experiences...although on the other hand I have never heard a SR-009, so what do I know?

Plus for $ 10,000 I can get a mini Funktion One speakers rig going. These guys make the best club speakers for EDM venues. I've heard and messed around with some of their Resolution series speakers, they are hands down the best thing I've ever heard and to me perfectly satisfying of how electronic music should sound and be heard. Couldn't go back to HE-500 for a solid 3-4 days each time I listened to these.

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #4,377 of 20,386
Quote:
Plus for $ 10,000 I can get a mini Funktion One speakers rig going. These guys make the best club speakers for EDM venues. I've heard and messed around with some of their Resolution series speakers, they are hands down the best thing I've ever heard and to me perfectly satisfying of how electronic music should sound and be heard. Couldn't go back to HE-500 for a solid 3-4 days each time I listened to these.

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #4,378 of 20,386
Quote:
You forgot to mention the Beats Pro Edition.

NOOOOOOOO. She wouldn't be into that stuff...Definitely the Executives
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back