HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Feb 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2,836 of 20,386
Quote:
As i also mentioned couple of times..ny he500 in my rig does it all.. I honestly cant find a real flaw in any genre of music.. Imho ofcourse

Nah... as much as I d like it to do, the Hifiman simply cant produce subwoofer bass... hence the frequency response.
Subwoofer bass is more felt than heard....
Its something only bass-heavy cans can do (ex. Pro-900, D-7000,etc) Hifiman cant reproduce certain bass and will just distort instead (certain deep explosions in games,movies,etc)

Although as far as any in-music bass go, Hifiman wins hands down of course :) in terms of resolution, tightness and texture

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #2,837 of 20,386
"emphasize" sub bass you mean :wink:

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #2,838 of 20,386
Quote:
"emphasize" sub bass you mean 

Well, no! I dont want that...
It simply cant reproduce certain type of bass, which I happen to call the "subwoofer bass"?
Sounds appropriate to me 
beerchug.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #2,839 of 20,386
Quote:
Nah... as much as I d like it to do, the Hifiman simply cant produce subwoofer bass... hence the frequency response.
Subwoofer bass is more felt than heard....
Its something only bass-heavy cans can do (ex. Pro-900, D-7000,etc) Hifiman cant reproduce certain bass and will just distort instead (certain deep explosions in games,movies,etc)

Although as far as any in-music bass go, Hifiman wins hands down of course :) in terms of resolution, tightness and texture

To be honest i dont like feeling subbass directly into my ears..so for me the bass the he500 delivers with my he500 sounds perfect to me..but have to admit that with my other tubes the bass and soundstage was really lacking..only with the pair i use now it makes me smile 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,840 of 20,386
Quote:
To be honest i dont like feeling subbass directly into my ears..so for me the bass the he500 delivers with my he500 sounds perfect to me..but have to admit that with my other tubes the bass and soundstage was really lacking..only with the pair i use now it makes me smile 
wink.gif

I dont need that either, but would like to hear the sound part of it at least rather than "bnffgbndmgb"

EDIT - Not that I am blaming my little baby for anything! Its not its fault those stupid devs made that particular sound to be heard like that! 
basshead.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,841 of 20,386
Quote:
Well, no! I dont want that...
It simply cant reproduce certain type of bass, which I happen to call the "subwoofer bass"?
Sounds appropriate to me 
beerchug.gif

mmm.. tis not that I don't believe you or hear where you are coming from, and I haven't heard those 2 hp's you've mentioned with the subwoofer attributes. Only, I have heard the D2000's and they had emphasized bass.. It was nice for certain genres but it was loose. Way too loose. IMO the HE500 can dig as deep as any can, but it's good stuff. If its in the recording you'll hear it. I know its not the best bass, but its there. For you, it may be a case of dynamics vs orthos in repsect to the vibrations that you will feel more with the former. Possibly :)?

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #2,842 of 20,386
Quote:
mmm.. tis not that I don't believe you or hear where you are coming from, and I haven't heard those 2 hp's you've mentioned with the subwoofer attributes. Only, I have heard the D2000's and they had emphasized bass.. It was nice for certain genres but it was loose. Way too loose. IMO the HE500 can dig as deep as any can, but it's good stuff. If its in the recording you'll hear it. I know its not the best bass, but its there. For you, it may be a case of dynamics vs orthos in repsect to the vibrations that you will feel more with the former. Possibly :)?

Yeah i agree lugbug..with certain dynamic headphones the bass is more subwoofer like then the regular planars..imho ofcourse..but i prefer the planar cleaner controlled sound..imho as always 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #2,843 of 20,386
Quote:

Yes I agree with that! Those cans have over-emphasized bass to no end without a doubt, but there are certain areas which are simply reproduced as distortion with my HE-6 but as sound with rumble with the Pro 900.
Examples - thunder, followed by a lightning. the thunder is reproduced as a big scrumbled distorted noise on the HE-6 whereas on the Pro 900 it sounds like thunder.
Other example is a dropped bomb, exploding- on HE-6 the explosion is a messed, distorted "fhskjf" but on the Pro 900 it is reproduced to the latest bit, like that deep explosion should be.

Then again my HE-6 (which might be the only Hifiman with rolled off bass? according to the graphs) is my only HIFIMAN point of reference so I generalized a little bit there.... Sorry if it differs with other models. Sorry again 
wink.gif

Yeah i agree lugbug..with certain dynamic headphones the bass is more subwoofer like then the regular planars..imho ofcourse..but i prefer the planar cleaner controlled sound..imho as always 
biggrin.gif

And I said I likewise do to... just complaining about this one single little tiny wee flaw :)

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #2,844 of 20,386
I have the solution people.... why don't we all just go buy some Beats. Then we'll be able to experience it as the artist truly intended! GET ALL THE BASS!!!!

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #2,845 of 20,386
Quote:

Yes I agree with that! Those cans have over-emphasized bass to no end without a doubt, but there are certain areas which are simply reproduced as distortion with my HE-6 but as sound with rumble with the Pro 900.
Examples - thunder, followed by a lightning. the thunder is reproduced as a big scrumbled distorted noise on the HE-6 whereas on the Pro 900 it sounds like thunder.
Other example is a dropped bomb, exploding- on HE-6 the explosion is a messed, distorted "fhskjf" but on the Pro 900 it is reproduced to the latest bit, like that deep explosion should be.

Then again my HE-6 (which might be the only Hifiman with rolled off bass? according to the graphs) is my only HIFIMAN point of reference so I generalized a little bit there.... Sorry if it differs with other models. Sorry again 
wink.gif

And I said I likewise do to... just complaining about this one single little tiny wee flaw :)

Its funny that u mention these sounds..me personally hate the he500 because of same thing...with watching movies or fps gaming on my pc i prefer my beyers mmx300.. No contest here..but music on my 337.. He 500 anytime!! So maybe u have to stick to one certain phone for natural sounding music and one headphone for watching thundering movies and high end gaming..i have a feeling u would be a happy man then. 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2,846 of 20,386
Quote:
Its funny that u mention these sounds..me personally hate the he500 because of same thing...with watching movies or fps gaming on my pc i prefer my beyers mmx300.. No contest here..but music on my 337.. He 500 anytime!! So maybe u have to stick to one certain phone for natural sounding music and one headphone for watching thundering movies and high end gaming..i have a feeling u would be a happy man then. 
wink.gif

HE-500 good for music, Denons better for movie - you can't get everything. That's why buy Beats - Dr. Dre made them. Bro....he's a doctor, you can't go wrong.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2,847 of 20,386
Quote:

wink.gif

No need for the apology!!

I totally hear where you are coming from. And I too miss the the thud I used to get with past dynamic phones.. I suppose its something that you trade in for finesse..
rolleyes.gif
 I think thats why a lot peeps always keep a Grado for e.g when they reach summit level. Just for when they want to have a bit fun instead of all of this serious listening. Ha!  

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #2,848 of 20,386
Quote:

HE-500 good for music, Denons better for movie - you can't get everything. That's why buy Beats - Dr. Dre made them. Bro....he's a doctor, you can't go wrong.
biggrin.gif

basshead.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #2,849 of 20,386
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Wish he was my Doctor.. haha

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #2,850 of 20,386
Quote:
Wish he was my Doctor.. haha

Me too, but he said he's busy and is going to release Detox this year...like for REAL THIS TIME
wink_face.gif
. Since I couldn't get him, I went to the next best option....Doctor P
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back