HiFiMAN HE-5 Full Size Headphones (Cans)
Oct 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #16 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesterqw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aren't those plug meant for radio frequency stuffs?

?

It's a standard 1/4" plug at the end.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #19 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a giant modernized Grado. In short, awesome.

YES! I thought the exact same thing too, it must be the leather headband and the look of the buttonless grill.

I'm looking forward to all reviews on this ortho, this is exciting stuff.

Oct 7, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #21 of 87
when was the last major Orthodynamic headphone manufactured?? I think "new" and "different" options/choices in the HiFi/Head-Fi world are exciting as well...

(and please excuse my ignorance on the subject)

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #22 of 87
I guess it's about time for Firstwatt F1 to shine again.

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #23 of 87
Would an LD MK III be up to the task of driving these beauties?

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #24 of 87
i think OTL is not going to work for these. i tried a prototype model on an OTL amp and there was almost no sound. the production model should be easier to power. by how much, i am not sure.

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #25 of 87
I heard the prototype at CanJam and am very interested in hearing these again. From friends who heard them at Rocky Mountain, the sound signature has changed a bit, so I'd want to hear them before buying. Very few headphones get my attention these days, and these did. I know two members who have them already and quite like them.

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #26 of 87
angry_face.gif
Damnit!! I've been so happy lately that I've not had any desire to shell out more money for any headphone gear.

Then I read about this......Gah, why do I want to try new cans when I love the ones I have so much?

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #29 of 87
I'm having a listen right now and I'm driving them to ear bleeding volumes with an iPod Classic. I can't wait to start trying it out with some of my real amps. The sound is jaw dropping. VERY reminiscent of an Omega II or HD800s. I'm going to do a comparison against HD800s soon and my gosh, if they even come close (and I think they already do from memory) that these are a STEAL at the price. The one thing that they don't do as well as the Senns is space but then doubtful anything but a K1000 will compete on soundstage and headstage. The soundstage is large here but not the headstage, but again, out of an ipod it could be muffled, yet, I'm still in awe.

And they ARE beautiful, so very very beautiful.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #30 of 87
Oh jeeze. Absolutely gorgeous. Probably the 2nd best looking pair of stock headphones I have seen.
Second only to the qualia of course (particularly the blue one).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back