Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #256 of 3,091
  Not to mention like half the weight. I foresee a lot of disgruntled previous-generation Hifiman owners 
triportsad.gif

Wow, the hype level just went over 9000!

Yup, and best of all if the HE 560 is anything like the Schiit Vali is... it's going to sound just as good as we hope it does 

:D the Vali did NOT dissapoint at ALL, yea it rings booo hooo, the newest models don't so BAM.

Either way... I was tempted to save for an LCD X but... I think I might SPURLGE and get one of these :O 

actually I'm not sure WHAT to buy now ;[ a RSA Balanced Amp or a HE 560 >.> both are over $500 and under $1000...so are at the TOP end of my Spring purchases... thank goodness for March... I might be waiting until Fall to get an HE 560... either way 

HYPE TRAIN now leaving the station! CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA [did I mention the idea of a "just for looks" wooden open back makes me happy, as I own two closed wood backs :D]

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #257 of 3,091
  Listened to the HE-560 yesterday.   Much lighter in weight, new headband is vastly more comfortable, one of the most,  if not THE most comfortable I've ever worn. 

The sound quality is definitely improved from the HE-6.  Smoother treble, but with plenty of extension. Tighter, deeper bass, although from initial impressions, flatter sounding, so perhaps a about less quantity of low bass, but more quality. 

The Teak wood cups are very nice.   I find it interesting that the HE-560 is a step up from the HE-6, but not in name, I'm sure Dr. Fang Bian has more surprises in store for us in the future... 

Just curious with regards to the HE-6 comparison. What was the HE-6 driven off of?  In other words is the HE-560 better than a properly driven HE-6?
Thanks - just seeking clarity :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #258 of 3,091
  Listened to the HE-560 yesterday.   Much lighter in weight, new headband is vastly more comfortable, one of the most,  if not THE most comfortable I've ever worn. 

The sound quality is definitely improved from the HE-6.  Smoother treble, but with plenty of extension. Tighter, deeper bass, although from initial impressions, flatter sounding, so perhaps a about less quantity of low bass, but more quality. 

The Teak wood cups are very nice.   I find it interesting that the HE-560 is a step up from the HE-6, but not in name, I'm sure Dr. Fang Bian has more surprises in store for us in the future... 

blink.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #259 of 3,091
  Just curious with regards to the HE-6 comparison. What was the HE-6 driven off of?  In other words is the HE-560 better than a properly driven HE-6?
Thanks - just seeking clarity :)

Let's assume the HE 560 is at best 95% of the HE 6 "properly Driven"

Now let's factor in the easier to drive drivers, the increased comfort and the price...

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #261 of 3,091
  Let's assume the HE 560 is at best 95% of the HE 6 "properly Driven"

Now let's factor in the easier to drive drivers, the increased comfort and the price...

Yep, great point.  If this turns into a hype train I will stay for the ride, because even if it ends up as you described above I think that would be fantastic and worth the effort of chasing down an audition.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #262 of 3,091
  Thanks for the impressions EdWood!! Did you get to listen to the he400i? (hope so). 

ME too... I'd love to see the HE 400i sounding simmilar to the HE 4. Ofc without the INSANEO POWER needs 

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #265 of 3,091
Seeing as the pads are angled [not sure about the drivers], we might get some improvement in the soundstage.
IMO If we get better soundstage + smoother treble, it'd pretty much be almost a perfect headphone, along with the weight reduction and easier drive, expectations are set high!
Hope there is a demo tour or if HiFiMAN is kind enough, they'd ship me a review sample.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #266 of 3,091

That's the TH-600.

Closed and open headphones really shouldn't be compared, as they operate differantly 

Still that's good to hear... kinda 

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #268 of 3,091
  Seeing as the pads are angled [not sure about the drivers], we might get some improvement in the soundstage.
IMO If we get better soundstage + smoother treble, it'd pretty much be almost a perfect headphone, along with the weight reduction and easier drive, expectations are set high!
Hope there is a demo tour or if HiFiMAN is kind enough, they'd ship me a review sample.

I agree, I mean you OWNED and sold your HE 6 :O so I'd imagine your pretty stocked about the chance to buy a new and lighter HE 560 for the price of your old HE 6 on a good day xD 

Huh? 
blink.gif
 Those are very different sounding hp's. Maybe I misunderstood you. 

Yea... that's sounds about right lol

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #270 of 3,091
@koiloco lol, look at these posts. "The mind is very powerful"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back