HIFIMAN HE-400 Planar Headphones Pre-order
Dec 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 903

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
Update:  We have shipped orders paid before Jan 10. Because of Chinese new year holiday, we will ship rest headphones at the second or third week of Feb 2012. 

Update 2: We got extra high volume in the last three days of perorder period (1 week before Chinese new year, Jan 23th). Manufacturers close 3 to 4 weeks in China new year: 1 weeks before and 2 weeks after. During the period, if we persuade our workers to stay in factory and manufacture headphone drivers (which is impossible), but we will not be able to find any venders making other components such as headband and earpads for us. Workers from thousand miles away from the factory need to go back home and stay with their family in these three weeks. This is not same to US Christmas. Chinese workers like to work 6 days per week, and take a whole month to stay with family. 

If any of you want to get refund, please contact head.direct@gmail.com. Thanks. 

Purchase Link:
http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=115

At the upcoming CES in Las Vegas in January, HiFiMAN will be introducing an exciting new planar magnetic model, HE-400.
Until CES close on January 13, we are offering HE-400 at special pre-order pricing of $349.  Save $50 by ordering by Monday January 13. We will do shipping on Jan 15th, 2012.

What makes HE-400 special is:

1)      it is 92.5DB efficient so it can be driven by virtually anything including an iPod.
2)      It has the familiar HiFiMAN sonic signature which means it is very detailed yet warm
3)      It is only $399 MSRP. We price it at such a price because we finally figure out a way to mass produce hi-end sound quality planar driver headphones in a much easier way than before. 

Spec

Sensitivity: 92.5 DB
Impedance: 35 Ohm
Weight: about 440 gram or 14.5 Oz
Frequency response: 20Hz to 35 KHz

Accessories
OFC copper headphone cable (3 meter or 10 Feet)

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 24, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 903
Not interested. I am personally waiting for the HE-600 or HE-7....
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 903
Wonder how they stack up to the HE4, which is my favorite overall with the slight v-shaped curve which I prefer.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #9 of 903
Bring on the HE-600's! TAKE MY MONEY! ... ugh.

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #10 of 903
"We price it at such a price because we finally figure out a way to mass produce hi-end sound quality planar driver headphones in a much easier way than before."

Hifiman, I feel that you may be on the right track (compared to some).

Dec 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #11 of 903
Very awesome. Can;t wait to get my hands on one and test it out for myself. Only $349? What an amazing price!

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 903

Quote:
Do they only come in blue? it looks like a child's toy... 

Here's hoping for different colors as well. The blue does look kind of cool though.

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #14 of 903
I wonder how it will sound compared to the HE-4. They will be at similar prices and the HE-4 is not that hard to drive either.

Dec 24, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #15 of 903

Quote:
I wonder how it will sound compared to the HE-4. They will be at similar prices and the HE-4 is not that hard to drive either.

I'm very interested to see what that's like as well. Hmm, they say they've found a way to mass produce the plan as but still sound good. If the HE-400 wasn't mass produced, wouldn't it cost a lot more? I hope it outperforms it's price point, but I'll be sure to test it out to the max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back