**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Oct 14, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #1,052 of 22,116
Quote:
If you are ordering from head direct, you can get them there and they will ship with your order. They are only $10. I'd suggest two pair.

Wait! I ordered the HE-400 a couple weeks ago, and they came stock with the pleather pads and came with a pair of velour pads - inside the HE-400 box, not the shipping box. So I think the HE-400 now comes with both pads.

I would send an email to head direct and ask about it first. I now own two sets of velour pads because I thought I'd have to order some with my HE-400.

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,053 of 22,116
Quote:
Wait! I ordered the HE-400 a couple weeks ago, and they came stock with the pleather pads and came with a pair of velour pads - inside the HE-400 box, not the shipping box. So I think the HE-400 now comes with both pads.

I would send an email to head direct and ask about it first. I now own two sets of velour pads because I thought I'd have to order some with my HE-400.

Hmm, I did the same thing...  Oh well, I'm sure spare pads will be okay.  And my HE-400's are in the country... refreshing the UPS page far too often hoping to see that they're on their way to me today.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,054 of 22,116
Quote:

Can anyone confirm that? They don't say anything about it on http://head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=115, there is only a pair of leather pad in the accessories.

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #1,055 of 22,116
It seems that some are getting velours and some are not. Might be a good idea to ask before yours ship out to increase your likelihood of getting both. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #1,057 of 22,116
I don't have an issue paying the $10. Officially these are stock with pleather. I just wish that they'd switch to "stock" velour. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #1,058 of 22,116
Talked to Ms. T on GTalk again today. She said she would be picking up headphones tomorrow. I asked her why she doesn't pick them up every day, and she said she has to drive 30+ miles to get them. Oh I'm sorry, I only paid $400 for a pair of headphones that were defective, I guess you should only drive 30 miles once every other day. I drive 75 miles every day going to work and back. If the replacements don't ship out Weds they're going to have a very annoyed customer...

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #1,059 of 22,116
Quote:
Talked to Ms. T on GTalk again today. She said she would be picking up headphones tomorrow. I asked her why she doesn't pick them up every day, and she said she has to drive 30+ miles to get them. Oh I'm sorry, I only paid $400 for a pair of headphones that were defective, I guess you should only drive 30 miles once every other day. I drive 75 miles every day going to work and back. If the replacements don't ship out Weds they're going to have a very annoyed customer...

Okay, did someone forget to take their happy pill? 
tongue.gif
 jk

I'm there with you. I get as annoyed as anybody when these things don't work out and I have to wait. Hang in there!!

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #1,060 of 22,116
Quote:

Okay, did someone forget to take their happy pill? 
tongue.gif
 jk

I'm there with you. I get as annoyed as anybody when these things don't work out and I have to wait. Hang in there!!

They just talk about their customers' happiness being important to them, but they only pick up/process the defective headphones every other day? That's only twice a week on Ms. T's schedule... unacceptable, in my opinion. They should be busting their asses to get us our new headphones. But I guess that's too much to ask of a company that's had 4 revisions of a headphone in less than a year.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #1,062 of 22,116
Quote:
I think every other day is very reasonable. Be patient.

Sorry, I kind of bought these headphones and less than a week later they told people to send them back to get new ones. I only got to hear enough of them to really want them back. I've essentially been waiting 3 weeks for them already. I don't see how 30 miles is a long drive at all, if it's only 15 there and 15 back. This is their job, what else are they doing?

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #1,063 of 22,116
Quote:

move closer to work.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,064 of 22,116
Quote:
move closer to work.

I plan on it, in the next 6 months or so.

I really hope they are as good as they were when I heard them with the Lyr before I sent them back. It will make this all worth it...

And for all those who are surely thinking it, yes, I am whiny.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #1,065 of 22,116
Quote:

I plan on it, in the next 6 months or so.

I really hope they are as good as they were when I heard them with the Lyr before I sent them back. It will make this all worth it...

And for all those who are surely thinking it, yes, I am whiny.

Lol! Actually, I wasn't thinking it. Three weeks is a long time - especially for something as exciting as this (high end phones)   Hang in there and let's hope these will meet all your expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back