Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #1,366 of 4,142

beerchug.gif

A lot of users own HiFiMan products for a long time before they realize that the cups can swivel. Not sure you are having this issue, but if you swivel the cups, you won't have issues behind your ear. My HE-4's don't swivel very well, they are really tight, but after messing around a bit, I finally got the right amount of swivel on both sides and I don't have to mess with it anymore.

Yea it's more due to the curvature of my head. The cups do swivel but the cups still need a slight curve to them. I don't think the gap makes a big difference in my case. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #1,367 of 4,142
  Yea it's more due to the curvature of my head. The cups do swivel but the cups still need a slight curve to them. I don't think the gap makes a big difference in my case.

Just making sure
smily_headphones1.gif
. Back in the HE-400 thread, I remember when someone mentioned the cups swiveling and about 5 other people came in saying "holy cow, I had no idea".

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #1,371 of 4,142
Oh I agree, but I like to tinker, and as long as its reversible, ill try a few mods. Still need some wood cups at some point too! And maybe, some of those new angled pads

I wonder if After Market HE 400 cups would fit the HE 4, and will the new ePads improve the sound of all the old and new models? 

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #1,372 of 4,142
I don't think changing the cups would make much of a difference since the HE-4 is pretty darn open and they probably aren't causing much resonance to begin with, but it is always worth a try.

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,374 of 4,142
  Since people who own the HE-4 like to listen to dubstep, what are some favorite songs or artists?

Dubstep:
The Moon is Falling Down - Crywolf
Horizon - Singularity (feat. Nilu)
The Great Divide - Velvetine (Seven Lions Remix)
Escape - Rogue
Blossom - Au5
Kali 47 - Savant

DnB:
Could This Be - Noisia
Volture - Savant
Splash - Sub Focus
Evolutions Per Minute - Xilent
Breathe In Scream Out - Spor
Vessel - Hadouken!

Glitch Hop (my favorite):
Synergy - Haywyre
Duck Club - AMB
Bubblin' In The Cut - Boreta
All In - DCarls
Smash the Funk - GRiZ
Crossing Paths - kLL sMTH (feat. IONik)
Cerebellum Serenade - Mr. Bill
Nightowl - Savant
Roaf Beast - Unlimited Gravity

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #1,376 of 4,142
Monkeynutz sells wood cups for $150 out of se Asia. He says it's for aesthetics

Yup, I like asthetics, hence is why i like custom cables. Plus it does change the sound through the power of the MIND
  Since people who own the HE-4 like to listen to dubstep, what are some favorite songs or artists?

uhhh

I rediscovered last night

Liquid Stranger 
Culprate
Feed Me

Last night, I like the HE 4 over the HE 400 by FAR even for electro! And that BASS is kickin out of my Nfb10ES2 

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #1,377 of 4,142

uhhh

I rediscovered last night

Liquid Stranger 
Culprate
Feed Me

Last night, I like the HE 4 over the HE 400 by FAR even for electro! And that BASS is kickin out of my Nfb10ES2 

Love Feed Me and Culprate, will have to check out Liquid Stranger.

The HE-4 is a huge step up from the HE-400 for all genres, IMO.

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,378 of 4,142
So before I bought the HE-4, I heard people talk about them having somewhat "hot treble" when you listen to certain songs. I was wondering
what songs those are. I don't know if I have heard it and I just don't mind it or I just don't listen to the right music 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,379 of 4,142
  So before I bought the HE-4, I heard people talk about them having somewhat "hot treble" when you listen to certain songs. I was wondering
what songs those are. I don't know if I have heard it and I just don't mind it or I just don't listen to the right music 
very_evil_smiley.gif

For me it's any old Reaggae or Jazz, you can hear the artifacts from the presses. Most, well all of my OLD stuff is Vinyl rips 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back