HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
Apr 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #782 of 1,738
Hello,

I am a long time Stax headphone user, with some dynamic models thrown in over the years.  I am currently in the market for a top end headphone to use for the bulk of my listening.  My strong background in commercial and industrial quality control and instrument design makes me a great candidate for evaluating your new phones.  I mostly listen to SACD's these days via a VSE modified Sony SCD-1.  When I am not listening to phones I rely on Pass Labs (xp350.5, x-1) and modified Gallo 3.1's for my musical enjoyment.  If you are interested in my assistance I promise to give you a detailed evaluation of my thoughts on sound quality, fit, finish, design, and quality of your new phones.

Your promptness concerning this matter will be appreciated.  Thank you for making this offer available to the public.

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #783 of 1,738
In 2006 the Head-Fi community was starved for new ultra high-end headphones. The RS-1 and HD600 were in the top tier, and those of us lucky enough
to own an R10, Qualia, or Orpheus were in the fortunate few. Stat headphones were as seasonally available about as much as the "McRib". 
Sony made a second smaller R-10 run, and in 2008 Dr. Meier of Meier Audio convinced Sennheiser to take their shelved replacement parts for the Orpheus (HE-90)
and manufacture 20 more and final units.

Fang told me at one of my NY meets that his goal was to create a headphone that was going to give us an opportunity to once again, get our hands on a something new,
something really good (pre-HD800 and T-1). This was his vision.
He worked tirelessly with Mr. He in China to create a new electrostat called the "Jade" that I got in on buying the very first one. It had it's inherent environmental problems,
and people were so starved for a new, great headphone, that they were waiting in line for the Jade evolution and it's trickle down results to come to fruition.

Headphone amp manufacturers like Ray Samuels, HeadAmp, and Woo Audio were so eager for it's success, they designed and built +$3K amps ahead of it's launch, tuned to pair
with the Jades. Too many manufacturing issues resulted in a failed stat resurgence, but culminated and ensued in an even better product niche that changed the face of our listening
sessions by re-introducing the orthodynamics technology back into our world and back on our heads. The HE-5 was the result, and we all know the rest of the story from there.

It was a total game changer for us lunatics also fondly known as "Head-Fier's".

But now, times are different. There are a plethora of wonderful opportunities open to us, for hi-end critical listening. Companies like Beyer Dynamics, Audeze, and now Mr. Speakers, Oppo,
and Abyss etc. have given us back our opportunities in being able to fulfill our quest for ultimate audio nirvana. In spades.
If that wasn't enough, Ultimate Ears, with Jerry Harvey turned the newly hi end listening open door, into a Stargate by innovating and introducing us into the previously unknown possibilities
of the IEM world. Just think how that changed the qualities of live performances, alone!

We are no longer starved to to find/fight over one of the few limited choices that were available to us. Most listeners with a paycheck and a pulse can currently get as close to listening heaven
as their wallets will allow. 

So now, companies like HiFiMan have a new and even more intense challenge to overcome. The good headphones are out there and readily available to us. The great amps, sources and DACs
are readily available to us. The true challenge is to create new technologies that come as close to possible to accurate recording reproduction and enjoyable, fun listening that a headphone can provide.
The first greats will be very expensive (Abyss, HE1000's, etc.) and eventually we will all benefit from the trickle down, lower priced headphones that will be derived from their new technologies.

The question that this Beta program will hopefully answer is: "Is The HE1000 one of these headphones"?

*Side Note:
Let us not forget the contributions and innovations that Fang and his band of merrymen have introduced to us and how drastically they have changed our listening lives.
Fang Bian is a trailblazer that has affected all of us in a very positive and potent way.

Apr 18, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #784 of 1,738
Quote:
  In 2006 the Head-Fi community was starved for new ultra high-end headphones. The RS-1 and HD600 were in the top tier, and those of us lucky enough
to own an R10, Qualia, or Orpheus were in the fortunate few. Stat headphones were as seasonally available about as much as the "McRib". 
Sony made a second smaller R-10 run, and in 2008 Dr. Meier of Meier Audio convinced Sennheiser to take their shelved replacement parts for the Orpheus (HE-90)

Fang told me at one of my NY meets that his goal was to create a headphone that was going to give us an opportunity to once again, get our hands on a something new,
He worked tirelessly with Mr. He in China to create a new electrostat called the "Jade" that I got in on buying the very first one. It had it's inherent environmental problems,
and people were so starved for a new, great headphone, that they were waiting in line for the Jade evolution and it's trickle down results to come to fruition.

Headphone amp manufacturers like Ray Samuels, HeadAmp, and Woo Audio were so eager for it's success, they designed and built +$3K amps ahead of it's launch, tuned to pair
with the Jades. Too many manufacturing issues resulted in a failed stat resurgence, but culminated and ensued in an even better product niche that changed the face of our listening
sessions by re-introducing the orthodynamics technology back into our world and back on our heads. The HE-5 was the result, and we all know the rest of the story from there.

But now, times are different. There are a plethora of wonderful opportunities open to us, for hi-end critical listening. Companies like Beyer Dynamics, Audeze, and now Mr. Speakers, Oppo,
and Abyss etc. have given us back our opportunities in being able to fulfill our quest for ultimate audio nirvana. In spades.
If that wasn't enough, Ultimate Ears, with Jerry Harvey turned the newly hi end listening open door, into a Stargate by innovating and introducing us into the previously unknown possibilities
of the IEM world. Just think how that changed the qualities of live performances, alone!

We are no longer starved to to find/fight over one of the few limited choices that were available to us. Most listeners with a paycheck and a pulse can currently get as close to listening heaven

So now, companies like HiFiMan have a new and even more intense challenge to overcome. The good headphones are out there and readily available to us. The great amps, sources and DACs
are readily available to us. The true challenge is to create new technologies that come as close to possible to accurate recording reproduction and enjoyable, fun listening that a headphone can provide.
The first greats will be very expensive (Abyss, HE1000's, etc.) and eventually we will all benefit from the trickle down, lower priced headphones that will be derived from their new technologies.

The question that this Beta program will hopefully answer is: "Is The HE1000 one of these headphones"?

*Side Note:
Let us not forget the contributions and innovations that Fang and his band of merrymen have introduced to us and how drastically they have changed our listening lives.
Fang Bian is a trailblazer that has affected all of us in a very positive and potent way.

Thanks, I liked your take on this.

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #786 of 1,738

Headphone amp manufacturers like Ray Samuels, HeadAmp, and Woo Audio were so eager for it's success, they designed and built +$3K amps ahead of it's launch, tuned to pair
sessions by re-introducing the orthodynamics technology back into our world and back on our heads. The HE-5 was the result, and we all know the rest of the story from there.

and Abyss etc. have given us back our opportunities in being able to fulfill our quest for ultimate audio nirvana. In spades.
If that wasn't enough, Ultimate Ears, with Jerry Harvey turned the newly hi end listening open door, into a Stargate by innovating and introducing us into the previously unknown possibilities

*Side Note:

I still remember how it was pre-2006. I hope the HE1000 will be revolutionary and the thought that I could take part in the process is mindblowing. 

Apr 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #788 of 1,738

*Side Note:

Great writeup! Thank you, I really enjoyed reading it.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #789 of 1,738

*Side Note:

I was wondering when YOU were going to show up A.

Hey, do you still have your Qualia? I miss mine!

Apr 20, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #790 of 1,738
Lol I am 51 and single, still looking for my soul mate. With my luck, will be my nurse, when I am on my death bed, and I want someone to replug my HE1000 into my amp lol.
biggrin.gif

You missunderstood me, I am the one closing the potential doors for a relation. Most women are kind funny, they keep asking "who hurt you so much to be like that", I always answer people like you :D. Too bad I cant choose to be Gay :D.

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #791 of 1,738
In terms of the price (cant afford it), I dont see it as a price that is too high.
The main reason is inflation (and i Mean real inflation).
If we calculate the price of the original flagships when they shipped, from headphones like HD600, LCD2, and so on, the price of the HE1000 lands somewhere close to 1K dollars. 
Problem is that wages haven't been rising fast enough for that.
Now that being said, without hearing the HE1000, I cant really be sure if a 3K price tag is something overpriced or underpriced.
When can we start to get impressions on how these babies sound?

Im more interested on when they are available for purchase. THen I start the countdown till they have them at my local store where I can audition them (hopefully).

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #792 of 1,738
You missunderstood me, I am the one closing the potential doors for a relation. Most women are kind funny, they keep asking "who hurt you so much to be like that", I always answer people like you :D. Too bad I cant choose to be Gay :D.

I agree most people I know, think I am crazy for spending my money this way. One lady asked who was twisting my arm behind my back, to make me act so immaturely.. And then most people, are upset with the beard lol. Audiophiles march to their own perspective drum beats, which they hear on their bloody fantastic headphones..

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #793 of 1,738
I agree most people I know, think I am crazy for spending my money this way. One lady asked who was twisting my arm behind my back, to make me act so immaturely.. And then most people, are upset with the beard lol. Audiophiles march to their own perspective drum beats, which they hear on their bloody fantastic headphones..

Everybody is like that, they just pretend they are not. You dont have to be an audiophile to have different views than the socially considered normal, but most fear isolation due to their real character not being positively received. Lucky for me, I am a bit of a lone wolf, so acting naturally does not have the inherent downside :D.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #794 of 1,738

I am so lucky! My wife not only let me spend the money and enjoy the hobby but she even admires that I have a passion for it! 
biggrin.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back