HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity Complete - Feel free to still comment
May 15, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #1,366 of 1,738
May 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #1,367 of 1,738
Let me know when you want that to happen, Jeff... And i will move over all impression posts from this thread and they will fall in place according to the timestamp.

Yay for organization! =D

But the HE-1000's mids don't seem to be recessed and appear to be more prominent,  even if you take the soundstage out of the equation. 

To my recollection, I never made any claims about the HE1000's sound. I'm pretty determined to buy it, so I'll see what I think when the time comes. No worries.

May 15, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #1,368 of 1,738

To my recollection, I never made any claims about the HE1000's sound. I'm pretty determined to buy it, so I'll see what I think when the time comes. No worries.

Not saying you did but you interpreted "laid-back" as a descriptor and I'm not sold on the HE-1000 sounding like that from what I've read. Interested on what you think once you get it though. 

May 15, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,369 of 1,738
Let me know when you want that to happen, Jeff... And i will move over all impression posts from this thread and they will fall in place according to the timestamp.

That would be amazing!

Let's wait for a couple more people from the first batch to receive their units.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 15, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #1,370 of 1,738
Mine arrived at home, should get to hear it soon...trying to convince my wife it is an antelope antler to hang over the fireplace, but I think she suspects headphones...:smirk:
The picture on the box might be a dead giveaway.
Unless... The antelope was an audiophile who died while doing what he loved most (;->)

May 15, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #1,371 of 1,738
It was a desperate attempt...well heeled antelope, to be sure!

May 15, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,372 of 1,738
It was a desperate attempt...well heeled antelope, to be sure!

I'm thinking about one of those fancy rich man's rooms (whatever you call 'em), except instead of animals mounted on the wall, it's luxury headphones. How's that for a headphone stand?
bigsmile_face.gif

May 15, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,373 of 1,738
You COULD have the trophy heads mounted, them out the headphones on them as stands, lol!

May 15, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #1,374 of 1,738
You COULD have the trophy heads mounted, them out the headphones on them as stands, lol!

I thought of that too. lol. Or putting speakers in the animals! XD

........This is what happens when there isn't a constant barrage of impressions to entertain us........

I wonder if any high-end headphone owners have started country clubs based on headphones or something to that effect.

(That logo is just for a mainstream thing, nothing fancy-pants about it beside the reference to the HE 90.)

May 15, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #1,375 of 1,738
My delivery date just changed from Thursday to Monday. 
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked again and mine changed from Thursday to Monday as well, which makes a lot more sense. It's funny, despite ordering all three weeks and even months apart from each other, I've got a pair of Emotiva Airmotiv speakers, Schiit Yggy & HE1000 due to arrive on Monday! Gonna be a fun start to next week - maybe I should just go ahead and take the week off now

May 16, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #1,378 of 1,738
I've ascended. I'm pretty sure my modded HE-6 will go on sale not long from now.

I'm assuming, "I've Ascended" means you think they sound pretty good? Any sound impressions so far, maybe how it compares to the HE-6?

May 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #1,380 of 1,738

Comma comma down doobie doo down down,
Comma comma down doobie doo down down,
Buying these is smaaaaart....to ......do.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back