Hifiman Edition XS Launched
Feb 6, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #1,246 of 2,788
What are we in Middle Earth? Christ

I enjoy spacious staging over the more forward presentation which is exactly why I asked. I have the XS to fill that need so now I'm going back to the large soundstage like the Ananda. I don't know where you got all that other nonsense from
-
That you enjoy spacious soundstage, only proves that you like spacious soundstage.
This does not prove anything about the XS. It only proves that you like a spacious Soundstage.
Im sitting here with the XS, the Susvara, the Abyss TC, the Hifiman Edition Xv2, the DCA Ether 2 and the Final Audio D8000 Pro.
So, Where do i get my experience ?
From owning everything.., and because i have, or still do.....i am able to compare sound stage or instrument separation or whatever else..

Let me show you something.... interesting.
Joshua Valour......has been listening to headphones for about 5 yrs.
Thats it.
He hates the Stealth V3, because it does not sound like the other Hifiman HE1000 versions, from which the Arya is created, that he worships.
So, you can't be a "sound" authority, if you've only heard 30-40 headphones and have only been listening to headphones for 5 yrs.
Its not enough time spent.....Its not enough experience........listening.
It takes a lot of time to develop a perspective that allows us to HEAR with authority, and judge Headphones, accurately.
Lots of time spent listening to lots of Gear.

No offense intended, but there are a lot people who have owned less than 40 sets of headphones, who believe they have heard them all.
Well, im not that pretender, as i have heard them all., or own them all, if they are made since the Senn HD600 was created, as that was my gateway drug, and since that one.... i have heard them all, unless its a toy, or something that i would just not care to hear.
There are a few.

Let me show you this now.....
I reviewed the XS, before anyone in the USA owned it.....by about 4 weeks.
I bought it from a "Non-Authorized Dealer", in Asia, because i am that person...:)
Im not going to concern myself with a "warranty issue" regarding a $400 obo, set of headphones, when the "non-authorized DEALER, gives you a new one, if your's isn't working".
That works for me., ... because a set of headphones....if they are defective...this shows up quickly.....not 4 months later, is the general rule.....So, if your gear is working for 4 months, it'll probably be working in 4 yrs, if you treat it with care.
So........Im going to have the gear....because life is too short to wait... for "inventory to arrive".
Some people need to get busy LIVING< as "days go by" and you only have so many...reader.
Get busy living...
Do it.
Do it today....start NOW.

Here is what you do.....Always be a good person and do the right thing, and live your life wide open.
Maxx it out.
Dont worry about what people think........Let them worry about that., while you live your life, full speed ahead as you run circles around all of them.
Go fast, as life is very short.

So..Now, about 2 mohths later, the XS reviews on Youtube have landed, this week.
Moon Audio.
Andrew at Headphones.com ....(The Headphone Show).
What do they say?
Exactly what i told you, in my review, a couple of months ago..
They have both heard a lot of headphones....so, that is why they know the XS is a very good gear......to hear.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #1,247 of 2,788
Aaaaand blocked. If that wasn't one of the weirdest things I've ever seen I don't know what is.

Feb 6, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #1,248 of 2,788
That you enjoy spacious soundstage, only proves that you like spacious soundstage.
This does not prove anything about the XS. It only proves that you like a spacious Soundstage.
Im sitting here with the XS, the Susvara, the Abyss TC, the Hifiman Edition Xv2, the DCA Ether 2 and the Final Audio D8000 Pro.
So, Where do i get my experience ?
From owning everything.., and because i have, or still do.....i am able to compare sound stage or instrument separation or whatever else..

Let me show you something.... interesting.
Joshua Valour......has been listening to headphones for about 5 yrs.
Thats it.
He hates the Stealth V3, because it does not sound like the other Hifiman HE1000 versions, from which the Arya is created that he worships.
So, you can't be a "sound" authority, if you've only heard 30-40 headphones and have only been listening to headphones for 5 yrs.
Its not enough time spent.....Its not enough experience........listening.

No offense intended, but there are a lot people who have owned less than 40 sets of headphones, who believe they have heard them all.
Well, im not that pretender, as i have heard them all., or own them all, if they are made since the Senn HD600 was created, as that was my gateway drug, and since that one.... i have heard them all, unless its a toy, or something that i would just not care to hear.
There are a few.

Let me show you one more thing...
I reviewed the XS, before anyone in the USA owned it.....by about 6 weeks.
Now, about 2 mohths later, the reviews on Youtube have landed.
Moon Audio.
Andrew at Headphones.com ....(The Headphone Show).
What do they say?
Exactly what i told you, in my review, a couple of months ago..
They have both heard a lot of headphones....so, that is why they know the XS is a very good gear.
What does all that have to do with the man wanting a set of phones with the best soundstage ? My goodness your arm must be hurting from all the patting yourself on the back you just did. Gee get over yourself, nobody cares if you are the first or own the best, good for you! Now why not try to learn a little humility ?

Feb 6, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #1,249 of 2,788
My goodness your arm must be hurting from all the patting yourself on the back you just did. Gee get over yourself, nobody cares if you are the first or own the best, good for you! Now why not try to learn a little humility ?

You posted a personal judgement of me, while you tell me i need to have more humility.
Think about that one.

And think about this one.
Do you see me creating a video channel, so that i can show you (brag about) how much money i am making from reviews that "bought me this house'...or' "look at my new studio that Youtube bought me, because of all the VIEWS i get".....
Take a look around, and see the Light, im showing you.
Im not those people......and you probably watch their video's... and give them a "Like".
Well, im sure that they $$$$$$$$$$$ appreciate it...big boy.

Also, i edited that post a bit.....so, you should be able to enjoy it even more now.

Listen lugnut.......Its not "lack of humility", as you wrongly perceive it, that im posting.
Its never lack of humility to have experience, and be able to use it, and offer it.
It would be great if i could have all the members here come to my home and try my headphones.......but, as that is not reality, i instead talk about their sound.
This is a headphone forum, so, that is what its all about.....
People here want to know what to buy .....and i can help them.........and i do it all the time in my PM box......all the time...constantly
Im happy to help.......its my nature., And you are invited there, if you have a question about a sound or a purchase.
Stop by anytime you like.
So...
That's what im doing here, and those who can benefit from it, find the benefit.
That is my hope.
Its really that simple.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #1,250 of 2,788
Initially I found FB a bit much. I also thought the views given on the Quad ERA-1 and the Neumann ndh 20 were somewhat over the top per my tastes as well.

OTOH, FB weaves in a lot of interesting pov's/perspective. To absorb that I've had to filter out the personal stuff to go on the ride.

I find it worthwhile. There is wisdom and undeniable experience/perspective to be found.

It's audio - people disagee constantly, sometimes in a messy fashion. Learning is more important than personal kerfuffles I warrant.

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #1,251 of 2,788
Initially I found FB a bit much. I also thought the views given on the Quad ERA-1 and the Neumann ndh 20 were somewhat over the top per my tastes as well.
OTOH, FB weaves in a lot of interesting pov's/perspective. To absorb that I've had to filter out the personal stuff to go on the ride.
Exactly.

Reader.....Im here to give you a ride.... and some dont like the saddle.

Yesterday, i was watching boyz ride Bulls. And one of them ended up on a seriously angry Bull that was not going to be ridden.
I watched the boy take flight and on the way down the Bull head butted him about 10 meters, which resulted in the boyz hip being broken.
They carried the boy out of the Arena , and i noticed the Bull was watching this, and HE was smiling.....
So, one person says....."thats just crazy,...to try to ride a Bull".......and another says...."I think i would like to give it a try".
Now...who is right? Who is wrong?.......Or is it that its best to just change the channel if you can't deal with the program. .....
See...
Noone is ever going to go to sleep while reading what i say, write, post.
Im a live wire on fire, and that is just my personality, my perspective, = the real me.
It just so happens that ive owned everything that you can strap on your head, and not just headphones..
Are you in to Photography? Me too......
Are you into FingerStyle Guitar or Electric Guitar? Me tooo.
I can talk about exotic woods used to create custom Acoustics.... and Fender Strats and Marshall Amps and "Pre CBS" Fender Blackface Amps, all day and all night.

See, im a little different, and different is good, as why be like everyone else, as the world is already filled with those....

Now about that Hifiman XS...
I was listening to it yesterday in comparison to the Flagships, and i can tell you that sonically, timbre wise, midrange wise....FR Tone wise.....its sounds most like the Final Audio D8000 Pro.
Both of these have a very natural sound.....that, in my opinion does not need any EQ'ing as they just sound good.
The Audeze's, ......well, they like EQ..... Perhaps the LCDX and the LCD-24, need it the least.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #1,253 of 2,788
So, FB ,EQ employed, would you compare HE-6SE v2 vs XS? Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #1,254 of 2,788
Found this review on youtube.

Thank you.
Interesting review., typical of someone who wears glasses.
He states that the XS is "fantastic", great, wide soundstage, great FR, a great value, amazing SQ, .
Then he ends the review by "choosing" the Sundara because it works better with his Glasses.
Well the Sundara do no compete with the XS, regarding SQ or comfort.

My experience?
Hifiman created the headband so that it allows you to TILT and ADJUST the XS's cups, and that gives you a lot of flexability.

Really good headphones.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #1,255 of 2,788
Thank you.
Interesting review., typical of someone who wears glasses.
He states that the XS is "fantastic", great, wide soundstage, great FR, a great value, amazing SQ, .
Then he ends the review by "choosing" the Sundara because it works better with his Glasses.
Well the Sundara do no compete with the XS, regarding SQ or comfort.
Jeez. I wear glasses too. But when in front of a good or better speaker system, any headphones, and quite a few other pleasures they are off, and my eyes are mostly closed.

My experience?
Hifiman created the headband so that it allows you to TILT and ADJUST the XS's cups, and that gives you a lot of flexability.

Really good headphones.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,256 of 2,788
Jeez. I wear glasses too. But when in front of a good or better speaker system, any headphones, and quite a few other pleasures they are off, and my eyes are mostly closed.
When I'm really sitting there just listening it's almost like I go into a Trance/Fall asleep. I don't have glasses but I imagine unless I'm listening casually and on my phone that wouldn't be an issue.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #1,257 of 2,788
Am I the only one that puts my glasses on top of the headphones after I put the headphones on? It's awkward but beats having them under the pads.

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #1,258 of 2,788
When listening to headphones, its best to put all your hair in the back ....

So, to all the people who are enjoying your headphones today........."cheers"......"FB1 clinks glass against theirs"...
-

fb1.jpeg

Feb 7, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #1,259 of 2,788
Am I the only one that puts my glasses on top of the headphones after I put the headphones on? It's awkward but beats having them under the pads.

I keep my glasses on the table. Otherwise, I end up spilling the whiskey on my head! :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back