Hifiman Edition X
Feb 25, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,771 of 4,030

looks good - does the connect fit the Hugo?

Yes, I terminated it with the A&K 2,5mm balanced, and ordered 3 adapters:  2,5mm A&K  ->  3,5 mm jack,   6,3 mm jack  &  4 pins XLR.

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #1,773 of 4,030
Feb 26, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,775 of 4,030

Well, "few weeks" should be at least 8 weeks  :frowning2:

On their homepage it says 16 weeks. Before then it said 4-8 weeks it tock 13 weeks before I got my cable. It was very good thou 
smile.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,776 of 4,030

On their homepage it says 16 weeks. Before then it said 4-8 weeks it tock 13 weeks before I got my cable. It was very good thou 

That sounds more accurate. Last I heard they were well over 3months out on delivering shipping. 

Norne is about 2 months right now. 

Feb 28, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #1,777 of 4,030
Very interested to hear comparaison between booth HE.  

I already listened during few days at home to the HE1000 and was not impressed enough to kept them.   Will I prefer the HE-X ? :D

I am very surprised by this statement. The HE1K is one of the best sounding headphones on the planet right now. Why did you not like about them?

I have in front of me the LCD3, LCD4, HE1K, and now the HEX. I owned the HD800 for several months before the LCD3 as well as the TH900 (I can't stand the "U").

(I've heard every can known to man at this point including the original Orpheus, the SR009, had the R10 for many moons, you name it)

I'd say the HE1K and LCD4 are a big step up from the HEX and LCD3 respectively in almost every way.

The HEX is a fine can but it is definitely a step down from the HE1K.

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #1,778 of 4,030
I've been listening to my newly reaquired HEX for the past couple of days. I was pretty impressed with this hp the first time around and am enjoying it even more this time but...the clips on the right side ear pad will not grab the interior of the cup and keep it snapped in place. Anyone else having this issue? 

This is not good on a product costing nearly $2k. I sent in a support request Friday and still no reply. 

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #1,779 of 4,030
  I've been listening to my newly reaquired HEX for the past couple of days. I was pretty impressed with this hp the first time around and am enjoying it even more this time but...the clips on the right side ear pad will not grab the interior of the cup and keep it snapped in place. Anyone else having this issue? 

This is not good on a product costing nearly $2k. I sent in a support request Friday and still no reply. 

I purchased a spare pair of HEX earpads, and tried to install them on my HEX.  It's a weird fit, never did get them installed.  I went back to the original pads with no problem, and I sold the spare pair.  Maybe takes some experience to install them correctly, but I didn't like the design.  It should have been a much easier fit like past Hifiman models!

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,780 of 4,030
^^ It's very odd. Every other of the plastic clips have been removed on both my pads. This seems counter productive with regard to keeping the pad locked in place. I could probably put some double sided tape on the pads and keep them in them, but I refuse to do this on a new pair of expensive headphones. 

Were the clips removed on the pair that you bought? (every other clips removed I mean)

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,781 of 4,030
  ^^ It's very odd. Every other of the plastic clips have been removed on both my pads. This seems counter productive with regard to keeping the pad locked in place. I could probably put some double sided tape on the pads and keep them in them, but I refuse to do this on a new pair of expensive headphones. 

Were the clips removed on the pair that you bought? (every other clips removed I mean)

I didn't notice if there were missing clips.  After multiple tries to install the spare pads, I didn't look into why they wouldn't just snap in place.  Once other HEK/HEX owners try to install replacement pads this will come to light.  Evidently both models use the same ear pads, according to the Hifiman Store web page.  Maybe other owners could look into this and report back to this thread!

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #1,782 of 4,030

Maybe double sided tape sounds better than plastic clips? It does on HE6 IMO.

Feb 28, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,785 of 4,030
^^ I'm really loving the sound of the HEX this time. I have a better amp and dac, so maybe that's the difference. Older hifiman pads had 4-6 (I forget), but HEX/HEK pads have 4x that many and are much smaller. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back